Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dear Skepitcs...

DfizzleShizzle

More of it is not reported because articles from any scientific journals tend to need to be paid for so it doesn't get into the mainstream. It's hard to get scientific information for this stuff when its all under copyright.... and even if you're at uni, at least in New Zealand, there aren't any universities that offer parapsychology so there isn't any access to the journals. And the journals I do have access to would be shunned if they mentioned any of this stuff. As my biopsychology lecturer said in reference to one article he presented to us, if they had actually mentioned the word "telepathy" (rather than "synchronised EEGs") the article never would have been published.

Does anyone here have free access to those journals?

• 1 month later...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DfizzleShizzle

• Sabbath

• drakonwick

• Im-postle-able

With regards to access to journal articles, I would suggest two avenues. Firstly, most academic institutions and many public libraries (in the U.S.) do purchase subscriptions to a wide variety of journals. And these are usually made available to their users. There are a number of 'lit search' engines on the web that can point you to these articles.

Secondly, Many books have been written on the topic that reference the literature and objectively and fairly summarize it for non-scientists. One great example is "Entangled Minds" by Dean Radin, PhD, a leading U.S. parapsychologist.

Ok, as I have stated in other post, not only I can feel the "psi balls" I make, I told my brother to feel inside my hand, and tell me what he felt(Didn't tell him anything was there, and he doesnt know about psi) And when he did, he said it felt cold, and electricy, and then today, I made psi flow from my fingertips, and told my friend Austin(He knows that I practice this stuff, but doesn't know anything much about what psi feels like or anything) to put his hand under my fingers...As soon as he did he pulled his hand back, and said it felt cold...REALLY COLD...And said it felt really wierd...Also,jackpaperdig , a skeptic who says, that he doesn't believe in psi, and thinks of them as a trick of the mind...But he says to be sure, he made a "psi ball" and told his sister to feel inbetween his hands(His sister is bliss to psi also) and he said as soon as she did, she pulled her hand back saying "What the hell was that!!!" He said she said it was very cold, and almost electricky...Now, do you think, it's just a coincidence, that all these people, had the same feelings when asked to feel inbetween our hands(For Austin under my hands) I highly doubt each person, if psi is fake, I doubt each one of their minds would make up the same feelings...It's highly unlikely...

So look, I'm extending a challenge to the skeptics...You guys do the work for a change...You guys all seem to love and make me do work to prove stuff to you, now it's your turn to put soem effort into this...I want you guys, the skeptics, to practice making psi balls, for one week, once you feel that you have something (Even if you think it's just your mind) Tell someone, who is oblivous to psi, to feel inbetween your hands, note their reactions...Also, note your own sensations as well...This is my challnge for you guys...I have put out way more than my fair share of effort for you skeptics, so it's your turn...I know you guys don't believe in psi, but give it a try, and see what others think..I know alot of you have tried psi before, and dismissed it as a figment of your imagination, but try it anyways, and note other peoples reactions when they feel the energy in your hands...For those skeptics who havent tried...Go here and if you want alot more detail on it, go here...

Just do this little test....Many of you say you truely wnat psi to exist, so expelling a little effort won't be hard, right? Post your results here, and please, for God's Sake, don't lie, or change your info to support your arguement....Have fun!

Mmm no thanks, I can find better ways to waste time.

More of it is not reported because articles from any scientific journals tend to need to be paid for so it doesn't get into the mainstream. It's hard to get scientific information for this stuff when its all under copyright.... and even if you're at uni, at least in New Zealand, there aren't any universities that offer parapsychology so there isn't any access to the journals. And the journals I do have access to would be shunned if they mentioned any of this stuff. As my biopsychology lecturer said in reference to one article he presented to us, if they had actually mentioned the word "telepathy" (rather than "synchronised EEGs") the article never would have been published.

http://www.parapsych.org/psi_journals.html Heres some

Thanks for the source suggestions. I checked out all the english journals on that link and its just abstracts unfortunately.

Thanks anyway :)

If you have any connection with a large university, then you probably do have access. Some institutions have computers in their libraries, and of course, the paper journals on the shelves. Many colleges and universities allow local people to use their library free as part of their public relations efforts. Many public libraries also subscribe, either directly or through a variety of "interlibrary loan consortia."

As with almost any research question, step 1 is to locate a library and ask a librarian. Often, that can be accomplished online or by telephone.

Also, many scientific papers are available from their authors' websites. The copyright arrangements vary considerably.

Edited by eight bits