Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Here is the difference between orbs

cpjason

just for you then ^^

.. and the rest of the people here lol

Haha, yeah. Make sure the fog you saw wasn't just your breath or mist, though. Those can seem like mysterious fogs, especially on camera.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Radian

• New School Percussionist

• NoahJaymes

• Lady Otterwynnd

But do we even have strong evidence that they're balls of energy? I'm not trying to be facetious, this is a serious question. Did someone in the scientific community examine orbs and manage to catch parallel evidence on some other equipment, or did paranormal investigators notice orbs and come to the conclusion that these were balls of energy, then the further conclusion these were balls of energy made by spirits.

If it was just a matter of paranormal investigators making the mental leap, then I'd say the whole issue is like arguing over whether the existence of werewolves is evidence of the existence of bigfoot.

Orbs are just balls of energy. In my opinion I dont think they are strong enough evidence to say that they come from spirits.

How is it possible to prove that an orb in a photo is a ball of energy compared to dust or whatever..

Haha, yeah. Make sure the fog you saw wasn't just your breath or mist, though. Those can seem like mysterious fogs, especially on camera.

well like i said they were very close but covered a pretty good area <_< and kept moving around

How is it possible to prove that an orb in a photo is a ball of energy compared to dust or whatever..

Because true orbs produce their own light, they don't reflect it like dust, moisture, ect. And, if they produce light, we can safely assume they're some form of energy, like ball lighting perhaps? I'm not saying this is the official theory on the subject though!

orbs orbs orbs... wish there was more of them to see ^_^

The only way we would be able to prove a "real orb" (as in a ghostly orb) is if we had one to measure by already, but we don't have such a measuring tool, so we can't possibly determine what is a "real orb".

We can get a good idea of how a dust orb looks by creating dust and photographing it. Same for water, or moisture and other. HOWEVER, what is leftover, meaning, that which we cannot readily identify does NOT make it paranormal, supernatural or ghostly. All it means is it is not yet identified.

By the looks of this thread, the orb popularity has died down tremendously, which is good to see. I think it shows how the field is evolving. People are becoming critical thinkers when it comes to "evidence" of ghosts.

One can be a believer in ghosts and other phenomenon without believing in "ghostly orbs". I would really rather see some good work put into the likes of EVP or other study.