Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I need info on psychic children

therion24

My son is 2 years old. He speaks to his dead grandfather (who died recently)and tells us when the phone is going to ring before it does. He has also told us there was going to be a crash right before it happend. I need info on psychic children and if these are signs my son is psychic. This is him in the pic.

post-68073-1206769426_thumb.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• therion24

• Mahtu

• Ghø§t

• Ghost Ship

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My son is 2 years old. He speaks to his dead grandfather (who died recently)and tells us when the phone is going to ring before it does. He has also told us there was going to be a crash right before it happend. I need info on psychic children and if these are signs my son is psychic. This is him in the pic.

If all of this is true, I think you already know the answer. Sounds pretty psychic to me! :)

Isn't it too early to tell?

.....also this stuff is very random. I have just started taking notice of it.

I just find all those random occurrences to be out of the normal. To me, if it is all indeed true, he is psychic. I mean.. if this has happened over 5-6 times. That's my opinion. I just don't see any other explanation. I'm usually very skeptical too.

yes it has and thank you

Hi, therion. Great picture; your boy's a star.

A child's cognitive strategies are different from an adult's, and are supported by different sensory capabilities.

You might think of a dead relative, and both carefully and automatically distinguish between your recalled sensory impressions versus your perceptions of your surroundings while you are thinking. A child may not make that distinction, and there is no particular reason why they should, either.

As to the telephone, you obviously are impressed that your child says that the phone is going to ring before it does. This is not lost on your child, who depends completely upon you, and in the natural course of things, is in love with you.

The child need not understand why saying that the phone is going to ring is important to you, but I guarantee you that he has noticed that it is. To the extent that it is in his interest that the phone subsequently ring, your child is the proud owner of the best pattern recognition firmware in the biosphere.

Any regularity in your incoming calls will be detected and acted upon, along with any cues that you are expecting a phone call "any minute now." And if there are a few false alarms, then that's probably OK with you, too.

This is love, not psychic. Miracle enough, IMO.

I have to say that your child seems to be in tune with some kind of psychic ability. In my opinion, many children are "psychic" but many of them get that gift stifled by parents that get creeped out by it. I know a little girl that does the same sort of thing. She knows things before they happen. She has told 3 of our friends that they were pregnant before they even knew there was a possibility. She even tells them whether it's a boy or a girl. Actually, before her mom knew that she was pregnant with her youngest child, she put her head on her moms tummy to give her a hug and said, "Momma, you are gonna give me a baby sister and her name is going to be Nicolette", Ironicaly, her mom was pregnant by a couple days and ended up having a little girl. The baby's father picked out her name on his own and i'm sure i don't have to tell you what it is. ;) . . . . . I also have a child in my own family that can't seem to shake knowing things before they happen. He was livid one day because his dad was going to go "riding" (4-wheelers) and didn't want him to go. . . That day, his dad wrecked on his bike and broke his arm. . . . .These things are too often taking place to say that they aren't somewhat psychic. I think that it can be either sitfled or fine tuned. . . It's up to the parents to decide which. If you ignore things or tell them that they are crazy about it, then I think they will loose the ability. . . whereas, if you acknowledge it (but not harp on it) they can develop the skills and build on them. It's ur call really.

To eight bits and Kija-

Thankyou for your insights, like I said I have just taken notice of these things. Loke most people we get phone calls pretty randomly and due to my profession we get them at night too. He'll say "dada phone" or "moma phone" depending on who its for too! Yesterday he was fighting with someone saying that some cookies he was eating were his and that they weren't "theirs." His grandfather's favorite snack was cookies. His mother has some abilities also. She knows when people close to her are going to die months before it happens, then on the day before they die she tells me "_____ is going to die tomarrow" pretty freaky huh? All is truth and I was a skeptic and kinda still am. Are these incidents coincidence or are they true psychic abilities. If they are will they go away? There are knowlegable individuals on this site, I welcome and one elses insight they might have on this matter.

Everyone is psychic...Some more than others...We all have these abilities, they just must be brought out...Children usually show the signs of these abilities more...If you wnat more help just PM me(message)

To eight bits and Kija-

Thankyou for your insights, like I said I have just taken notice of these things. Loke most people we get phone calls pretty randomly and due to my profession we get them at night too. He'll say "dada phone" or "moma phone" depending on who its for too! Yesterday he was fighting with someone saying that some cookies he was eating were his and that they weren't "theirs." His grandfather's favorite snack was cookies. His mother has some abilities also. She knows when people close to her are going to die months before it happens, then on the day before they die she tells me "_____ is going to die tomarrow" pretty freaky huh? All is truth and I was a skeptic and kinda still am. Are these incidents coincidence or are they true psychic abilities. If they are will they go away? There are knowlegable individuals on this site, I welcome and one elses insight they might have on this matter.

These stories are similar to my friends gransdon Adam. He is actually telepathic. If you are interested, I have a web site on this topic.

Yeah what is the website?

Isn't it too early to tell?

On the contrary, if at such an early age he is predicting these things, then it really shows a lot more because

1.) He is at an age where he is uninhibited and has not been taught that precognition is impossible. This way he does not mentally trip himself up and say, "No, I don't know that for sure."

2.) He doesn't even understand what it is that he's doing, yet he's still doing it. In other words, he's not "trying to be psychic." It's just happening.

All else I can really say on the matter is that if you come to the conclusion that he has strong psychic tendencies early in life, make sure you don't discourage them. Nurture those abilities. For example, when he makes a prediction that comes true, show that you are proud of him for being right. When he speaks to his deceased grandfather, don't make him stop and tell him that he can't be talking to Grandpa, because Grandpa's dead. Ask him how Grandpa is doing, and encourage these conversations. After all, if he continues being able to communicate with his grandfather, he could open a line of communication for you and your family later on.

Yes I have been doing that. Thank you for your advice Mahtu!

Have him fill out the six numbers for a lottery ticket or have him with you when you buy a scratch and win. You never know.

Hi, therion. Great picture; your boy's a star.

A child's cognitive strategies are different from an adult's, and are supported by different sensory capabilities.

You might think of a dead relative, and both carefully and automatically distinguish between your recalled sensory impressions versus your perceptions of your surroundings while you are thinking. A child may not make that distinction, and there is no particular reason why they should, either.

As to the telephone, you obviously are impressed that your child says that the phone is going to ring before it does. This is not lost on your child, who depends completely upon you, and in the natural course of things, is in love with you.

The child need not understand why saying that the phone is going to ring is important to you, but I guarantee you that he has noticed that it is. To the extent that it is in his interest that the phone subsequently ring, your child is the proud owner of the best pattern recognition firmware in the biosphere.

Any regularity in your incoming calls will be detected and acted upon, along with any cues that you are expecting a phone call "any minute now." And if there are a few false alarms, then that's probably OK with you, too.

This is love, not psychic. Miracle enough, IMO.

Great post.

True, that happens to a lot of kids with a higher range of extra-sensory perception. But it is possible to keep this from happening if they encourage the development of these abilities and he feels reason to keep using them. Usually these things stop happening in a child's life because they kind of forget about it and don't further develop it.