Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Haunting

wizzosis

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustNormal

• Radian

• New School Percussionist

• therion24

How real is this series. It doesn't seem very beliavble to me and yet I'm a firm believer in the paranormal.

Well, the episodes are supposed to depict actual hauntings, however like most things on television, such claims are to be taken with a grain of salt. I quite enjoy the show, and don't have an opinion on its validity, either way. I like it for sheer entertainment value; it is mainly just something for my darling and I to watch on a Friday night. ^_^

How real is this series. It doesn't seem very beliavble to me and yet I'm a firm believer in the paranormal.

They are all document cases of hauntings, even the ones where the real people's faces are not seen. That is a fantastic show! JN

I really liked that show. Too bad they aren't shooting any more shows!

I really liked that show. Too bad they aren't shooting any more shows!

Are you sure? I know there were sequels in the making or already made? JN

Well, here they play re-runs on the Discovery Channel. If you go to their website they have a list of their "active" shows," A Haunting isn't on there.

Well, here they play re-runs on the Discovery Channel. If you go to their website they have a list of their "active" shows," A Haunting isn't on there.

OHHHH NOOOO LOL..Time to write to that channel..Thanks..JN :angry:

Are you sure? I know there were sequels in the making or already made? JN

I hope so, b/c it does seem like they are pretty study on the re-runs.

I liked the episode where a mom ghost hunter took her son to the cemetary and he started playing around with dowsing rods... right before they left the cemetary a shadow-man possessed him. He started getting scratches across his body, and he was flunking school. The exorcism was pretty fascinating... how they had to find the name of the demon before they could actually remove it. True or not, it was a great episode!

I believe it was a Civil War cemetary as well

Edited by Demonic_Damian

I remember that one.. the thing that got me was..if she believed in ghost why would she not believe her own son when he was complaining about his attacks...

my favorite so far would have to be "haunting in Connecticut."

I remember that one.. the thing that got me was..if she believed in ghost why would she not believe her own son when he was complaining about his attacks...

Very true very true. Quite interesting :blink: "Haunting in Connecticut" was pretty good as well!

I hope so, b/c it does seem like they are pretty study on the re-runs.

GRR I noticed that, but I also thought a new season would surface at some point..As I said, I know of two shows that are supposed to air, but I will check in with a person I know, and let you know what he says..JN

I liked the episode where a mom ghost hunter took her son to the cemetary and he started playing around with dowsing rods... right before they left the cemetary a shadow-man possessed him. He started getting scratches across his body, and he was flunking school. The exorcism was pretty fascinating... how they had to find the name of the demon before they could actually remove it. True or not, it was a great episode!

I believe it was a Civil War cemetary as well

That one was a true account, regarding Tracy Jones, who was a police officer turned parnormal investigator. She still I believe lectures on the occult. Also John Zaffis is not about to put his reputation on the line for something that was not true, plus he was there to watch it unfold..Good story..JN

Thats an awesome on too. What angered me was the stupid mother. She discusses her "dying boy" them makes him sleep down in a cold basement, knowing darn well that alone was not healthy for him, and then disproved all his and the little brother's claims. The father taking out the ligh bulbs to save electricity ticked me off too. To top it off, she sends her sick son to a mental facility..UGH..But it was interesting..JN

Yea who puts their dying cancerous son in a cold basement to sleep.. but then what got me too, was how many damn times those kids had to tell their parents all that stuff was going on. I mean after a few times... geez.. but, it's like they absolutely refused to listen to their own kids.. especially their sick son.

* and i almost forgot about the part where the lightbulb is taking out.. good grief.. to save the bill.. almost hysterical really.

still, it was (to me) by far the eeriest.. some scenes were chilling as heck.

Edited by Shankpin

LOL!! o yea, there was another one..

The ghost hunter lady goes into a barn where apparently satanic rituals had taken place, she records an EVP of a warning while she's there...

she becomes possessed.

LMAO.. not funny really but scary as hell, so as she's possessed, the part where she's driving her son down a main interstate staring at him the entire time, not EVEN looking at the road - went on for a few miles.until they got to their destination... freaky.. LOL

Yea who puts their dying cancerous son in a cold basement to sleep.. but then what got me too, was how many damn times those kids had to tell their parents all that stuff was going on. I mean after a few times... geez.. but, it's like they absolutely refused to listen to their own kids.. especially their sick son.

* and i almost forgot about the part where the lightbulb is taking out.. good grief.. to save the bill.. almost hysterical really.

still, it was (to me) by far the eeriest.. some scenes were chilling as heck.

I know, many parts were chilling. Didnt MOM think something might be wrong when she went to wash the floor and the water changed to blood? LOL..Daaaaaaaaaah..Yea the parents had a nice warm bedroom, as did the other siblings then the niece came to stay and SHE had her own comfy room. I hate to say this, but I took comfort watching Mom get her butt kicked during the exorcism of the home..ha ha ha LOL..I am just happy Paul, the oldest lived to tell about this.

LOL!! o yea, there was another one..

The ghost hunter lady goes into a barn where apparently satanic rituals had taken place, she records an EVP of a warning while she's there...

she becomes possessed.

LMAO.. not funny really but scary as hell, so as she's possessed, the part where she's driving her son down a main interstate staring at him the entire time, not EVEN looking at the road - went on for a few miles.until they got to their destination... freaky.. LOL

Ohh yaa the paranormal investigator? OMG the look on her face while driving with her little guy in the seat beside her? Thats another John Zaffis movie. Freaky isnt the word, skeeeeeeeeeeery suits me better lol..JN

I know, many parts were chilling. Didnt MOM think something might be wrong when she went to wash the floor and the water changed to blood? LOL..Daaaaaaaaaah..Yea the parents had a nice warm bedroom, as did the other siblings then the niece came to stay and SHE had her own comfy room. I hate to say this, but I took comfort watching Mom get her butt kicked during the exorcism of the home..ha ha ha LOL..I am just happy Paul, the oldest lived to tell about this.

I did too, as bad as it sounds.. even the father, having his own truck turn on him...

As soon as the mother walked into the place she started having these delusions.. i mean shouldn't she have known something with that and her kids complaints.. beats the mess out of me.

The odd and interesting part is how he (son) "had six months" to live, but his cancer was cured during the process.

Ohh yaa the paranormal investigator? OMG the look on her face while driving with her little guy in the seat beside her? Thats another John Zaffis movie. Freaky isnt the word, skeeeeeeeeeeery suits me better lol..JN

HAHAHA, exactly! The expression on that face of hers.. Goo googly gooo! I mean i caught myself looking over my shoulder after that scene. LMAO.

I did too, as bad as it sounds.. even the father, having his own truck turn on him...

As soon as the mother walked into the place she started having these delusions.. i mean shouldn't she have known something with that and her kids complaints.. beats the mess out of me.

The odd and interesting part is how he (son) "had six months" to live, but his cancer was cured during the process.

I heard in real life, the father was injured when his truck ran into his own building pinning him against the wall, but of course they leave alot out. The mother was not too bright, BUT she believed the little girl, but then blamed for boys for scaring her LOL..I agree with the Cancer, and "maybe" getting out of that environment is what made him well? I dunno, but when he spoke of it, he seemed alot older, very articulate, and said something like he never wants to talk about it again. Then Mom feels guilty for not believing him? DAAAAAAAAH..Yes, so again good wins over evil..he is obviously still Cancer Free. I also heard that the reason for the evil in the basement was due to the fact, that once people were brought in, and enbalmed etc the "men" that worked there, did unspeakable things to their bodies..How GROSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS..

I also heard that the reason for the evil in the basement was due to the fact, that once people were brought in, and enbalmed etc the "men" that worked there, did unspeakable things to their bodies..How GROSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS..

AHHH.. when I first saw the basement scene and all the old morgue equipment the first thing that shot thru my mind was **********..