Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection/Lucid Dreaming help

DfizzleShizzle

I've been tryin to Ap for a while now...I dont try as much, I dont have that 'drive" that I did at first, I used to be able to stay up for like 3 hours tryin, now I get bored..But, I tink I'm makin progress...Like, In my dreams, I am starting to remember them alot better, and I'm actually starting to think in my dreams..They almost lucid pretty much...Like, they just becomin a whole lot more vivd and I just need help getting out...I wouldn't mind if all I did was an LD...That would still be cool, I just need help...Like, last night, I had a dream, but it was a dream where I was like a spy...But, I had to get out of this buildin without gettin caught, and, the building was like a maze...So, I had to get out of the maze, it was like a labrynth almost...So I actually had to think about where I was going...And, thats something thats happening more and more..I'm thinking in my dreams, and, I don't know why..But, I remeber actually contemplating where I should go, and how to be seen...I even remember wondering why I kept ending up in the same spot..And when I woke up, I fell back into the dream, cause I was tryin to get out of the maze...Once I fell into a deep sleep, my mind drifted off, and I dreamed of bein in a mall...I think I went into the second dream after failing the maze..But, I'm just wondering how to go all the way with this...Thanks!

EDIT! 3/30/08

Last night, I had another similar dream...I was in a foot race with my brother, and we were racing through a city...But, it was also a dream that needed logic...Like, I had to choose my path, had to watch out for traps...I even had to make sure to balance across logs and stuff...I ended up falling in a river, and almost got thrown over a waterfall, but my brother was able to help me..It was just wierd though, how I still neded to think about it...Like, when you go to sleep, you're supposed to be resting your mind...But I'm wkaing up very tired these past 2 days, cause I'm actually usuing my mind in the dream...I mean, I need my rest, but my mind is working at solving these puzzles in my dreams...I should atleast be able to project if I'm starting to think in my dreams...

Any tips?

Edited by Heartagram3200

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AngelOfMusic

• DfizzleShizzle

• Im-postle-able

• the eternal me

you can get out of body while you're in a lucid dream, in fact, i'm practicing ld, didn't get any results yet, but i'm sure i will, and plus, lucid dreaming has been scientifically proven!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there is tons of ap topics and lucid dreaming is hard. I saw on the news that even with the correct tools-medicine, special light helmets. it still takes months-years of practice.

There's a program called I-Doser that has binaural beats for lucid dreaming and astral projection, but unless you download it illegally, it costs some money. I have had success with some of them, though.

I updated the main post...Added info bout me dreams last night...

Well you know what i'm doing, same as you mate. Actually i've also started thinking about things in my dreams. Not problem solving and stuff like that, not as much thinking, but in a lot of my recent dreams, i've been being abducted and things like that. Last night i was abducted and put in a carriage, and i had to think about how i was going to get out. Then i was hiding from this man, and saw another man come round the corner and was actually panicking and thinking oh poo what am i gonna do!!!

Strange, hopefully it will help, for some reason i love those types of dreams hehe!

Angel x

Lucid dreaming is a really interesting & fun topic.. I've used techniques like the wristwatch to turn a normal dream into a lucid one (look at your watch in the dream, wait a sec then look at it again, if it's WAY different then you are dreaming *woo*)

I wouldn't be so quick as the OP to count running a maze or running a race as "exercising your mind" if the dream is one where you aren't lucid then your mind acts like a drunken 3yo and any rationalizing which you THINK you're doing in the dream would sound like crazy ramblings in RL.

Unless your dream is lucid then the "thinking" you mind does is usually remembered as a powerful feeling of thinking about it... but if, after your dream, you try to recall "i though A then i thought B" you will generally find yourself grasping at straws.

While you're dreaming everything your mind is thinking makes all the sense in the world, but to go back & analyze those thoughts later in waking life you'll generally find your mind was babbling like a toddler. The trick is to be able to REALIZE that you are dreaming and THEN start analyzing your surroundings, remembering your dreams more clearly is nice but it doesn't change the drunken logic your dreaming mind uses.

Yeah, i was saying that to my friend the other day. When you're in a dream, falling through someone's head and landing in a big ice cream is the norm. Also, has anyone noticed that no one talks in dreams? You don't hear anyone's voices, its like your mind reading.

Angel x

Oh really...Lol...Thanks for the help Eternal...NOT!

Lol, just kidding

I hear plenty of talking in my dreams, angelperson.

I always have insane dreams that follow a kind of pattern: I am some kind of super person and I can fly, shoot lasers, use telekinesis, and I'm invincible. Sometimes I break into a kind of lucidity in a dream, and it's always awesome. But it's never fully controllable, and the ability to retain control as a godlike character often decreases as the dream goes on. :(

Hmmm, looking back in my dreams i always remember them talking like as if no sound is coming out.

I've only ever had one lucid dream, and it was for only a brief part of the dream. I was just running after a bus, then realised that this wasn't real, then looked around, and it was like everything was normal, but i knew it was a dream, but then i carried on with the dream and i lost control and just went back into a dream.

Sorry, bleedinglite, its AngelOfMusic, and i am not a person...wait.

Angel x