Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weird Dream

Blueguardian

Hello everybody, in the past i have mentioned that I have expirienced weird things happening in my dreams or when im almost awake but still asleep kinda inbetween, an example, I had a feeling like someone or something was in my room looking at me and I've seen what i think is a him just before i wake up, I'll go to sleep peacfully and then i'll see my room from my view and someone walking towards me or away. Then I become fully awake and they are gonel.

This morning I had a similar expirience, I was in sleep 'limbo' and I saw someone moving towards my door (as usual these things only last a few seconds) so anyway it was heading directly for my door when i was pretty much awake by then, and just as it reached the door i woke up and my sister opened the door from the other side, to let me know she was going to uni. Now i'm interested, is it possible that it is an actual spirit or something or is it just me being half awake yet still in REM enough to see and hear things going on and making things appear depending on the sound.

Sorry if the above is confusing. Feel free to ask questions. Thank you for reading.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blueguardian

• eight bits

• WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

• Zhypher

I've had that before. I could hear my parents talking and I could see my dream as well. But the dream was so interesting I did not awake. I concentrated on the dream until it was over before I awoke.

Now i'm interested, is it possible that it is an actual spirit or something or is it just me being half awake yet still in REM enough to see and hear things going on and making things appear depending on the sound.

Anything is possible. But since what you describe is indistinguishable from ordinary twilight consciousness hallucinatory experience, there isn't any particular reason to think that it isn't just that.

REM sleep is a specific physiological circumstance, so it isn't that. People do use phrases like "REM intrusion" for the appearance of some aspects of REM sleep while in other physiological states (things like sleep paralysis and hallucinations), especially when the person is in some sense "nearly" in a light-sleep state (as when lying in bed, freshly awakened).

Hope that helps.

Thank you both for replying, its interesting that sleep can still be confusing to many of us in todays day an age, but we are all learning a lot. Dreams/hallucinations/visons etc, never cease to amaze me.

Its similiar to a meditative state when your in the in between state....some can have the similiar things happen then too.

I have woken up and gone right back into the dream where it left off...or where ever i was in it....

waking up when you are under sleep paralysis has been connected with hallucinations before, ussualy connected with feeling and/or seeing somebody/something in the room

it has been connected a number of other phenomenas, like people beliving they have been abducted by aliens, to people seeing demons/angles standing at by the side of the bed while under this state

The hallucinatory element to sleep paralysis makes it possible that you are thinking of it as a dream or semi-dream where you wake up when the effects of the paralysis ends.

waking up when you are under sleep paralysis has been connected with hallucinations before, ussualy connected with feeling and/or seeing somebody/something in the room

it has been connected a number of other phenomenas, like people beliving they have been abducted by aliens, to people seeing demons/angles standing at by the side of the bed while under this state

The hallucinatory element to sleep paralysis makes it possible that you are thinking of it as a dream or semi-dream where you wake up when the effects of the paralysis ends.

I dont know if it was sleep paralysis though, i feel like i willed myself to be awake when my sister opened the door, isnt it normal in sleep paralysis for you to be paralysed for longer?