Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is Psi?

jay123

FINALLY! An answer to all these mysteries! Sauruman, you can close down this board now. Mark answered all the questions.

Not so fast. Why, in the United States, do hot dogs come in packages of 10, but hot dog rolls come in packages of 8?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DfizzleShizzle

• signal7

• drakonwick

• stevemc2

Not so fast. Why, in the United States, do hot dogs come in packages of 10, but hot dog rolls come in packages of 8?

Well, I will try and answer this one!

Historically, buns have been sold in packages of six or 12 because bakers deal in dozens, while hot dogs vendors deal in pounds, with eight franks to a pound. In what has been dubbed the "piece treaty," Vienna Beef and S. Rosen have agreed to market eight-count packages of their respective products, and are cross-merchandising them in stores.

You know, i have been pondering that question since birth...wow, it's not as rewarding to find out as i'd thought it'd be.

Angel x

Damn, you had me for a second but Moro answered it.

Guess this sites traffic will drop to about 3 skeptics and one kid that swears he can move a piece of paper that weighs one tenth of a gram with his mind...

Damn, you had me for a second but Moro answered it.

Guess this sites traffic will drop to about 3 skeptics and one kid that swears he can move a piece of paper that weighs one tenth of a gram with his mind...

It's infallible eggumby! Anyone can move that paper wheel by just looking at it funny. :huh: lol

For the same reason that socks come in pairs, but pantyhose come in singles? Or could it be a base number thing?

Surely you dont expect me to believe such a logical, rational, not to mention exoteric, answer as that proposed above by moro bumbleroot?

Edited by Mr Walker

on the hot dog and bun problem i found

1. Meat is generally sold by the pound, buns are sold by the dozen (or multiples of three and four) making nice compact packages. There are 10 hot dogs to the pound (8 for jumbo hots).

2. Manufacturer changes are a pain and can be expensive to change.

3. The situation has been allowed to continue because the people meekly submit to it. Less than 1 percent even complain about it.

4. Some manufacturers sell buns and hot dogs in packages of different sizes depending on market dictates but they are in the minority.

everything really does have an answer, you just need to know where to look for it and to accept what you find. Einstein was looking for the theory of everything, scientists are now working on that same theory, they think they are close too. however they have been talking about that for years.

Edited by MarkSteven

Word of advice. If you can't see it, can't feel it & can't measure it, chances are it ain't there. Follow this simple advice with all these mystical claims & you won't be drawn into a world of self delusion. :tu:

P.S.

Same advice applies to U.F.Os, dragons, bigfoot, ghosts, nessie...etc, etc.

Try it yourself...YOU CAN FEEL IT! Maybe not feel it or measure it, but you can sure as hell feel it...

Try it yourself...YOU CAN FEEL IT! Maybe not feel it or measure it, but you can sure as hell feel it...

I can feel something as well Heart! I will still have to say that it's nothing supernatural. It's just your mind

tricking you into thinking something is really there is all.

But, it is neat...

Regards,

Tom

Edited by Moro Bumbleroot

I can feel something as well Heart! I will still have to say that it's nothing supernatural. It's just your mind

tricking you into thinking something is really there is all.

But, it is neat...

Regards,

Tom

I do claim it's real...In some post...This time I did not claim for it to be supernaturual...I do in fact belive it is...but even if it isn't...They sure fun as hell..=) Like, me and my friend played psi-volleyball a few days ago..It was hard though, cause we kept droppin the ball, and we had to poke our hands around everywhere to find it...

I do claim it's real...In some post...This time I did not claim for it to be supernaturual...I do in fact belive it is...but even if it isn't...They sure fun as hell..=) Like, me and my friend played psi-volleyball a few days ago..It was hard though, cause we kept droppin the ball, and we had to poke our hands around everywhere to find it...

:no:

WOW, Psi-volleyball! :huh: I must ask, how in the world do you play volleyball with something you cannot

see and barely even feel? Seems kind of tedious if you ask me.

Regards,

Tom

Atleast he can have fun using his imagination, I'll give him that...

WOW, Psi-volleyball! :huh: I must ask, how in the world do you play volleyball with something you cannot

see and barely even feel? Seems kind of tedious if you ask me.

Regards,

Tom

idk..Jus would kinda visualize it goin to the person, then would do the physicall action to go with it...

What would that prove? That we can act like we play volleyball really well?

What would that prove? That we can act like we play volleyball really well?

Maybe we should all concider starting psi-sports!? :) I think I could get into, "Psi-bowling"!

Who knows it might take off and be the next big thing. If we hurry we might be able to get Psi-sports

into the 2012 olympics... :tu:

Regards,

Tom

Maybe we should all concider starting psi-sports!? :) I think I could get into, "Psi-bowling"!

Who knows it might take off and be the next big thing. If we hurry we might be able to get Psi-sports

into the 2012 olympics... :tu:

Regards,

Tom

Hahahaha...

Nice...It would be a huge bore to watch on though lol...

Well I'm exausted. I've got to hit the sack after fourty five minutes of Psi weightlifting. Tomorrow I'm going to put ten lbs. of extra Psi on my pole.

The best thing is the chalk is invisible too and I don't have to wash my hands afterwards.

I wish you could lose weight like that...omg how cool would that be!! Lose like two stone just by making psi balls into weights! That just makesyou hate exercise even more!

Angel x

Or you could run on a psi-treadmill that's travelling around the neighborhood :o

There is a study which is current for psychic ability. It's set up where conscious influence is determined and measured.

One person sits in a room and is exposed to a picture on a monitor.

The other witnesses a progression of images on another monitor, in a separate room. When something is "felt", the 2nd individual presses a button.

It is funded, and they claim some have an ability to feel some type of projection. It is not necessarily true science, but some pursue it. It's a recognized quality of nearly all people. Typically unacknowledged. But, most have what I call the 'bowling ball' effect. Where, if you're at a bowling lane, and watch others. You see them attempt to 'bend' the ball by contorting their bodies. Trying to influence its travel. Most have desire, but might not recognize it.

Check out these websites, "psi" is being investigated by a few scientists. There is evidence it exists, but no hardcore proof yet.

Check out these websites and see what you think:

http://www.princeton.edu/~pear/

http://www.noetic.org/

http://www.rhine.org/

http://www.gotpsi.org/bi/gotpsi.htm

I'm a scientist, and fortunately an open-minded one, and I think the key to understanding psi is to use the scientific method, which is what these sites purport to do.

A couple of the sites I checked above seem to have the brain wave method of detection. I've seen shows where this is claimed to exist. But, skeptics point that you can easily manipulate data.

The one that I kind of followed that had the greatest interest to me was the tapping of the subconscious mind, where the dream state was analyzed during rest, then during full consciousness they looked for repetition of patterns. Some people seemed to make sporadic decisions that went against what could be assumed to be expected, with better than average outcome.

They were given a choice of several courses of action, and it seemed they would spontaneously follow something out of the norm, on a hunch. They then got reward with something that should have been unpredictable.

This awareness through dreams is often indicated throughout time. Biblical references are given for enlightenment through dreams. And, many interpreters abound on the Inet even.

It's interesting, as dreams are not well understood, and why things happen the way they do in the subconscious state. That some could make better decisions, and certain patterns become prominent in mental activity that were similar to a prior state, is quite interesting. I think.