Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dragonic Religions

Dragon Seeker

Because dragons are a biological impossibility?

They are often depcited as similar in body shape as a dinosaur or giant lizard...With wings. Can you point another animal which have that shape and is a proficient flyer?

Then there's the firebreathing part, the lack of evidence from them. No bones, no nothing.

Im not even syre why dragons count as cryptids, as unless you twist and turn other crypt sightings you do not get people saying "I saw a dragon."

We do not need to explore every corner, as what we have explroed is still enough to deduct that "No, there's no giant flying lizards hiding out there."

Actually all of those big cryptids WERE called dragons until people discovered marine reptiles and dinosaurs and used those names instead. But in the orient, these big cryptids are STILL called dragons. Like it or not, that's just the way it is.

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• draconic chronicler

• Dragon Seeker

• WiCkEdWENDIGO

• Lady Otterwynnd

I personally have never seen a dragon,but who is anyone else to judge whether or not dragons exist or existed?i have never seen Jesus or Satan either,i've only read stories,and regardless of what these people think the bible is just that,stories,written by people who claim to know something.And i believve anyway,so im on your side,i believe dragons exist because every story originates from a grain truth and the fact is that we haven't fully explored every corner of this world,we are still dicovering new creatures and bones of creatures we never knew existed so who's to say we won't discover dragons tomorrow?

Hey, and don't forget Satan is called a dragon, and to the gnostic Christians Jesus too, in his orignal form was the serpent/dragon of Eden. And then of course, the seraphim are actually dragons as tje word mean in Hebrew,, not to mention Yahweh being the canannite dragon yam/yaw.

If one of these ancient dragons 'slip up' in their old age, yes, maybe we will discover dragons tomorrow. They have been seen and photographed at a distance enough times, and were believed to be real creatures by virtually ever human culture.

Because dragons are a biological impossibility?

They are often depcited as similar in body shape as a dinosaur or giant lizard...With wings. Can you point another animal which have that shape and is a proficient flyer?

Then there's the firebreathing part, the lack of evidence from them. No bones, no nothing.

Im not even syre why dragons count as cryptids, as unless you twist and turn other crypt sightings you do not get people saying "I saw a dragon."

We do not need to explore every corner, as what we have explroed is still enough to deduct that "No, there's no giant flying lizards hiding out there."

I don't think I would describe them as a biological impossibility. The dpeictions have ranged from impossible in flight (snake-like Chinese with no wings, tubby western with tiny wings) to the plausible (wyvrns, thin with huge wings). Fire breath takes some work and biology, but just may be doable. I think we can conclude that there just aren't going to be six-limbed vertebrate reptiles coming from natural evolution on earth, though.

As to weather they are cryptids: this forum has also had werewolves, unicorns, faries, etc. Even Mothman is described as more of a supernatural entity than an exotic animal. So: I think this fits fine with "Cryptozoology, MYTHS and LEGENDS". ^_^

As to sightings, many of the lake monsters, that today, people think are plecisaurs, were originally described as dragons.

I don't think I would describe them as a biological impossibility. The dpeictions have ranged from impossible in flight (snake-like Chinese with no wings, tubby western with tiny wings) to the plausible (wyvrns, thin with huge wings). Fire breath takes some work and biology, but just may be doable. I think we can conclude that there just aren't going to be six-limbed vertebrate reptiles coming from natural evolution on earth, though.

As to weather they are cryptids: this forum has also had werewolves, unicorns, faries, etc. Even Mothman is described as more of a supernatural entity than an exotic animal. So: I think this fits fine with "Cryptozoology, MYTHS and LEGENDS". ^_^

As to sightings, many of the lake monsters, that today, people think are plecisaurs, were originally described as dragons.

And on the topic of lake monsters, as UDS pointed out, there is always the tourism angle, if there is a country that has a lake monster (such as the Ogopogo, or Nessie) they might just use it for the money angle

Are you kidding me?

publication firms would be forced to label it fiction, because it would ruin them to release it with a label of "non-fiction"or even say that it is academic. Its against the law to publish a book or novel with improper desposition on them. your best hope would be "documentation". but i would be the devils advocate to give you false hope.

And then again there are "underground" frims, which i strongly do not support or promote because it is borderline legall. (just kidding, it is illegal)

It would be illegal for any publication company to label any of DC's work, presuming they involve dragons, which they will as he is obsessed with them, because dragons aren't real as everyone knows, no matter how much he tells everyone that they believe him no one ever will save a few lunatics. After a while you get tired of his endless feedback loop which he constantly cites as a source (Not that he has any that haven't been proven wrong completely) and his moronic claims which he wraps up in personal insults because it is hard/impossible to find an actual rebuttle to any attack on his theories. And to think I used to like dragons. :(

Actually all of those big cryptids WERE called dragons until people discovered marine reptiles and dinosaurs and used those names instead. But in the orient, these big cryptids are STILL called dragons. Like it or not, that's just the way it is.

That doesnt make them dragons though.

That doesnt make them dragons though.

Nor does it make whatever people are seeing into extinct plesiossaurs, dinosaurs and pterosaurs. For 5,000 years of recorded history they were usually thought to be intelligent deities, and by virtually every human culture.

Humans troubled by the unknown feel more comfortable if these mysteries entitites are no more than a walnut brained dinosaur 'survivor'.

"Dragons" remain the only good explanation for the giant reptile-like cryptids, for if there is truth to any of them, the creatures would require intelligence to remain hidden in the 21st century.

*sighs*And here we go.

Let us get facts straight: YOU called everything and it'ss aunt dragons.

YOU claim people from the "orient" believe in dragons, even if other posters have called your bluff. (Btw, nice, vague and slightly degrading label there. Considering the "orient" as the old european overlods called it stretched from the middle east to Japan. And I very much doubt you'd get people in Iran, Iraq or Afghanistan talking about living dragons)

You do not give adequate sources for your claims, you bunch together a vast area of the world and claim "They believe in dragons", you label basically anything remotely reptilian a dragon, and dance around your stances on what they are like a Street Dancer. What are dragons DC? I don't want to hear "Go read my other posts" as that would be impossible for me to do with exams coming up. Black on white: Are they gods? Servant of gods? A progenitor species? Beasts?

Arch: well, I know they work in THIS forum, but I do not consider them a cryptid beyond here. here I can understand, as their advocate here is quite talkative.

And while I agree some dragons come closer to almost being plausible I still say it's faerytales mixed with some grains of truth: Our ancestors dug in the earth as we do, they explored: They most likely found giant skeletons of dinosaurs which they then named dragons. Perhaps we could speculate about a distant genetical memory of the mammal species, but I see no point in it.

Also, dragons are all apex predators I would assume(admitting that they might exist that is). Why then do their forms vary so? The shark, a apex predator of it's enviroment vries quite little in it's general shape, though there is some deviations I admit, such as the Port Jackson shakr, the Goblin shark etc. But they still hold some sort of similarity. Dragons on the other hand, seem to be what whatever creator there is made on a monday after having a very wet party upstairs.

"Dragons" remain the only good explanation for the giant reptile-like cryptids, for if there is truth to any of them, the creatures would require intelligence to remain hidden in the 21st century.

The logic you employ in this statement, as with so many others like it, is breathtakingly irrational.

Congratulations on derailing yet another thread DC. Start a blog and post on that if you want to keep perpetuating this garbage.

To all those who beileve in the Dragonic Deities

please vist here and tell me about them for i too am a beilever because i was visted by The Father of Dragons, IO please let me know

have you had any experiances with dragons

have you ever been visted by a Dragonic Deity

do think the dragons live or they have gone from this world

let me know what you all think i thank you

Dragon Seeker,

Strong Beilever in the Dragons

how could u've been visited by The Father of Dragons?? i didn't believe it.. are u on medication in that moment u've been visited??

or u in drunk state so maybe u saw an illusion of dragon don't u??

The logic you employ in this statement, as with so many others like it, is breathtakingly irrational.

Congratulations on derailing yet another thread DC. Start a blog and post on that if you want to keep perpetuating this garbage.

Do you even know what the title of this thread is?

*sighs*And here we go.

Let us get facts straight: YOU called everything and it'ss aunt dragons.

YOU claim people from the "orient" believe in dragons, even if other posters have called your bluff. (Btw, nice, vague and slightly degrading label there. Considering the "orient" as the old european overlods called it stretched from the middle east to Japan. And I very much doubt you'd get people in Iran, Iraq or Afghanistan talking about living dragons)

You do not give adequate sources for your claims, you bunch together a vast area of the world and claim "They believe in dragons", you label basically anything remotely reptilian a dragon, and dance around your stances on what they are like a Street Dancer. What are dragons DC? I don't want to hear "Go read my other posts" as that would be impossible for me to do with exams coming up. Black on white: Are they gods? Servant of gods? A progenitor species? Beasts?

Arch: well, I know they work in THIS forum, but I do not consider them a cryptid beyond here. here I can understand, as their advocate here is quite talkative.

And while I agree some dragons come closer to almost being plausible I still say it's faerytales mixed with some grains of truth: Our ancestors dug in the earth as we do, they explored: They most likely found giant skeletons of dinosaurs which they then named dragons. Perhaps we could speculate about a distant genetical memory of the mammal species, but I see no point in it.

Also, dragons are all apex predators I would assume(admitting that they might exist that is). Why then do their forms vary so? The shark, a apex predator of it's enviroment vries quite little in it's general shape, though there is some deviations I admit, such as the Port Jackson shakr, the Goblin shark etc. But they still hold some sort of similarity. Dragons on the other hand, seem to be what whatever creator there is made on a monday after having a very wet party upstairs.

My statement is completely factual. When large cryptids are spotted in places like China, Korea, Viet Nam, etc, they are always called dragons becasue dragons have been believed in, in those places since the earliest times.

These ancient cultures did not say "we found dragon bones", they talk of them as living creatures, that they even fed.

Becasue these dragons are credited with educating early humans all over the world they cannot be mere beasts, but have some connection with a great intelligence.

They might best be though of as a kind of organic robot, enhanced by some greater power that could not remain here, and left these "watchers" to insure the suvival and devlopment of any sentient creature. When their work was accomplished, they were apparenlty intructed to 'disappear' so man would possess no proof that there there is an intelligence in the univers beyond himself.

The dragns seem to have done their jobs well, and only a few careless ones are occasionally seen and photographed, albeit nowadays only from great distances as they are now extremely wary.

Do you even know what the title of this thread is?

Certainly, but you're missing the point (surprise). The original purpose of the thread was to discuss draconic religions, not to debate about the possibility of dragon existence. But, as with every thread you become involved in, this thread has digressed into another arena in which to spew your ridiculous justifications about your belief in dragons.

hahah! there was one! it was locked out because the (ehem ehem) people there lost their temper. and the funny thing is...its about to happen again! EURIKA! history repeats itself.

Certainly, but you're missing the point (surprise). The original purpose of the thread was to discuss draconic religions, not to debate about the possibility of dragon existence. But, as with every thread you become involved in, this thread has digressed into another arena in which to spew your ridiculous justifications about your belief in dragons.

Yep,, de ja vu.

QUOTE (draconic chronicler @ May 28 2008, 01:26 PM)

They might best be though of as a kind of organic robot, enhanced by some greater power that could not remain here, and left these \\\"watchers\\\" to insure the suvival and devlopment of any sentient creature. When their work was accomplished, they were apparenlty intructed to \\\'disappear\\\' so man would possess no proof that there there is an intelligence in the univers beyond himself.

The dragns seem to have done their jobs well, and only a few careless ones are occasionally seen and photographed, albeit nowadays only from great distances as they are now extremely wary.

yep, robotic. absolutely. here we go. (positive friendly sarcasm)

http://www.gundamofficial.com/www_ac/ew/me.../wufei/144.html

When their work was accomplished, they were apparenlty intructed to \\\'disappear\\\' so man would possess no proof that there there is an intelligence in the univers beyond himself.

as proof of this i even got a source!! goodie!! (positive friendly sarcasm)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/***G-01S_Shen...92;\"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/***G-01S_Shenlong_Gundam

it said there! on my source!

In Endless Waltz, Altron is the only Gundam not loaded onto a disposal satellite and shot towards the sun at the beginning. Wufei joins the Mariemaia Army, using Altron during the fight against the Earth Sphere Unified Nation. At the end of the OVA, Wufei destroys Altron by self-detonation.

My statement is completely factual. When large cryptids are spotted in places like China, Korea, Viet Nam, etc, they are always called dragons becasue dragons have been believed in, in those places since the earliest times.

The dragns seem to have done their jobs well, and only a few careless ones are occasionally seen and photographed, albeit nowadays only from great distances as they are now extremely wary..

O yeah! my source confirms this too! he even had the audacity to mave it to the big screen!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mushu

disclaimer: I am doing this with positive intent, all sources are true and unquestionable: all in the sake of humor and posibilities. You have all the right to feel bad or good about this, but again, i stand on the grounds of positive intent.

Edited by kidchaos

It would be illegal for any publication company to label any of DC's work, presuming they involve dragons, which they will as he is obsessed with them, because dragons aren't real as everyone knows, no matter how much he tells everyone that they believe him no one ever will save a few lunatics. After a while you get tired of his endless feedback loop which he constantly cites as a source (Not that he has any that haven't been proven wrong completely) and his moronic claims which he wraps up in personal insults because it is hard/impossible to find an actual rebuttle to any attack on his theories. And to think I used to like dragons. :(

yeah. it should be. sadly i have seen it happen. esp does blasted underground publishing companies. Remember the "Da Vinci Code" fad?? it wasnt done by an underground publishing company. this was very recent.

But it wouldnt be illegal for any publishing company to label any of DC's work as fiction, making it non-fiction would be, as is with any other fictional novels/books/or even manuscript.

how could u've been visited by The Father of Dragons?? i didn't believe it.. are u on medication in that moment u've been visited??

or u in drunk state so maybe u saw an illusion of dragon don't u??

well it is a thread about dragon religion. he can even claim that he was visited by the holy ghost for all i care. but the base line is "religion". so he can beleive what ever he beleives in, atleast he doesnt claim everything in the world is dragon, or ancient gods are dragons, or that they are robotic and the sort, nuff said. look at the bright side.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/***G-01S_Shen...92;\"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/***G-01S_Shenlong_Gundam

In Endless Waltz, Altron is the only Gundam not loaded onto a disposal satellite and shot towards the sun at the beginning. Wufei joins the Mariemaia Army, using Altron during the fight against the Earth Sphere Unified Nation. At the end of the OVA, Wufei destroys Altron by self-detonation.

O yeah! my source confirms this too! he even had the audacity to mave it to the big screen!

disclaimer: I am doing this with positive intent, all sources are true and unquestionable: all in the sake of humor and posibilities. You have all the right to feel bad or good about this, but again, i stand on the grounds of positive intent.

Well thanks for the links 2 wiki links and an anime link,[sarcasm] very insitfull [/sarcasm] and aNgga2512 if you have read the ENTIRE topic (quite a challange i admit) you'll see the conclusion that i drew from such encounters

Hooray! Yet another thread sucked into the endless feedback loop of DC! The rehashing, over and over again of dead points and debunked theories, why, the very thought of it brings a tear of joy to my eye!

*End of sarcasm* But seriously, can the mods please close this thread? NO ONE has duiscussed the actual topic for almost 60 pages now, it's just never-ending arguments against and for dragons, which have already been done in topics such as 'Killed by a Sea Serpent?', 'Dragons', 'Dragons?' and my own ill-fated 'Taniwha' (Which was, for me, the final straw.) Remember the good days, which seem long ago now, when the Crypto board was overflowing with intriguing new cryptids to discuss, new theories and occasionally the odd bigfoot or werewofl thread? When DC discussed our cryptids, on the odd occasion bringing up dragons to a spot of laughter and nothing more? For months now this board has been ruled by dragon threads, in other words Excuses to argue with DC. I'm sick of it.

Please can we end this madness?

PS. I don't mean to cause offence I'm just tired so sorry if this has come out as snarky. I just want this to end.

Hooray! Yet another thread sucked into the endless feedback loop of DC! The rehashing, over and over again of dead points and debunked theories, why, the very thought of it brings a tear of joy to my eye!

*End of sarcasm* But seriously, can the mods please close this thread? NO ONE has duiscussed the actual topic for almost 60 pages now, it's just never-ending arguments against and for dragons, which have already been done in topics such as 'Killed by a Sea Serpent?', 'Dragons', 'Dragons?' and my own ill-fated 'Taniwha' (Which was, for me, the final straw.) Remember the good days, which seem long ago now, when the Crypto board was overflowing with intriguing new cryptids to discuss, new theories and occasionally the odd bigfoot or werewofl thread? When DC discussed our cryptids, on the odd occasion bringing up dragons to a spot of laughter and nothing more? For months now this board has been ruled by dragon threads, in other words Excuses to argue with DC. I'm sick of it.

PS. I don't mean to cause offence I'm just tired so sorry if this has come out as snarky. I just want this to end.

I can understand your unhappyness i mean come on, this is getting kind of old, but

What i want to know is

Does anybody believe in Dragons as a religion, now we've seen DC clearly post a few things and the debates go back and forth, but for now, none of that, Just what you think

Personally, I don't know if i believe in them as a religion (not anymore anyways) but i for one would love to think that it is possible they exsisted

anybody

Your thoughts?

P.S. UDS, use the sarcasm tags man, thats what i did (though i really stole that from Ryancola's siggie off of Neo)

Edited by Dragon Seeker

Its not my fault you put your foot in your mouth in the Taniwha thread. Your own sources contradicted you and stated the natives believed it was an intelligence beast that protected one tribe over another, and enforced religious taboos. Does that sound like simply a dinosaur survivor or otherwise non-sentient creature.

All of my posts tie in with the religious aspects. Haven't you figured that out yet. If anything, I am about the only one contributing anything appropriate to this threadit You just can't stand it that my explanations make the most sense, so all you can do is whine. Maybe if you act immature enough Saru will close another dragon thread, as you so desperately want. Here is a simple solution. If the discussions about real dragons frightens or bothers you so much, YOU DON"T HAVE TO READ THE THREADS! Now how hard is that for you or the other whiners to uderstand????? A lot of people happend to be interested in this subject.

BTW thanks again for the evidence of intelligent 'dragons' in N.Z. I will let Jones know when I send him a copy of the book.

Edited by draconic chronicler

Why am I not surprised that KIDchaos knows so much about children's cartoons? Please tell us all about "Dragon Tales" while you are at it.

All right that's enough, once again a thread on dragons has become nothing but an exchange of bickering and arguing.

The point of the topic was lost a long time ago, there is no benefit whatsoever in allowing this to continue.

Closed.