Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dragonic Religions

Dragon Seeker

you know your right, however by the "i'll show them all" little tid bit i ment that i'd show them that im not the same loser they used to pick on, and as a matter of fact, they'd be lucky just to clean my septic tank thats what i ment, that one day i'll make them wish they had never been mean to me because oh what do you know im your boss now, now whats the most disgusting job i can imagine for you....

that willl be my revenge being a rich snob to those who treated me like i was less then sh**

that has been my full intent all along however i guess i havent really made that clear

And thats why no one here takes you seriously DC.

Undoubtedly there are some serious connections between the Judeo-Christian God and old pagan Gods, such as Yaw and El, however I don't see any real evidence in the Bible that Yahweh was thought of as a dragon. You often cite certain things that Yahweh supposedly did, such as "eat virgins" or other whatnots, but you never cite any verses. Until you start doing that, I'm just going to sit back, continue rolling my eyes, and laugh.

I'm still waiting for your commentary on why you think dragons are responsible for many of the unresolved disappearances world wide... btw.

Heres your quote: Think of the tens of thousands of people who totally vanish without a trace every year. Of course they are not abducted by aliens, that would be just silly. They are obviously eaten by dragons.

what are you talking about i think DC is serious and i think he's right too

Well, the majority of everyone think both of you are wrong.

Good grief! How many threads of dragons do we have to endure? :no:

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• draconic chronicler

• Dragon Seeker

• WiCkEdWENDIGO

• Lady Otterwynnd

Just a heads up, when saying you've been visited by a dragon deity and several demons, it comes across as being a teenager striving for attention and won't be taken seriously.

what you say is true but... it is my Belief and so shall it stand

also Eric read my post in Dragons still alive? and i say the same here

Just a heads up, when saying you've been visited by a dragon deity and several demons, it comes across as being a teenager striving for attention and won't be taken seriously.

Exactly. Thanks for saying what most everyone is thinking.

And thats why no one here takes you seriously DC.

Heres your quote: Think of the tens of thousands of people who totally vanish without a trace every year. Of course they are not abducted by aliens, that would be just silly. They are obviously eaten by dragons.

ROTFLMFAO :w00t:

I just never thought about how much sillier aliens are, when compared to dragons. Because obviously giant fire breathing reptiles would leave no trace....

ROTFLMFAO :w00t:

I just never thought about how much sillier aliens are, when compared to dragons. Because obviously giant fire breathing reptiles would leave no trace....

Don't feel ashamed, many people think like you do. But lets face it, there is not a single scrap of extraterrestial evidence, and this idea is only as old as the flying saucer scare of the 1950's.

Dragon accounts, on the other hand are as old as recorded history, and while they were regarded as benificent dieties, even some of the all time most popular gods like Enki-Yaw-Yahweh demanded first born sons, sheep, calves, and was given enemy virgins.

Nowadays we no longer intentionally "feed the dragons" as did our ancestors. So it is to be expected they may still take their due, and it is a fact countless thousands of humans, and thier domestic animals do vanish without a trace each year. If you want to believe they are abducted by UFOs, or simply disintigrate, that is your perogative. But like it or not, there is a long tradition of dragon predation on mankind. Dragons are forever, UFO's are a passing fad.

Don't feel ashamed, many people think like you do. But lets face it, there is not a single scrap of extraterrestial evidence, and this idea is only as old as the flying saucer scare of the 1950's.

Even though there are ufo and alien carvings circa 600bc in China.

Dragon accounts, on the other hand are as old as recorded history, and while they were regarded as benificent dieties, even some of the all time most popular gods like Enki-Yaw-Yahweh demanded first born sons, sheep, calves, and was given enemy virgins.

Nowadays we no longer intentionally "feed the dragons" as did our ancestors. So it is to be expected they may still take their due, and it is a fact countless thousands of humans, and thier domestic animals do vanish without a trace each year. If you want to believe they are abducted by UFOs, or simply disintigrate, that is your perogative. But like it or not, there is a long tradition of dragon predation on mankind. Dragons are forever, UFO's are a passing fad.

Dragonic Chronicler i think you might just be on to sumthing there, i really hope i get a chance to look into that kind of a thing... cause there have been at least 2 or 3 in B.C. within the past couple of years...

Yes, of course, how could I not have seen it before? It was completely ludicrous of me to believe that people disappear for more mundane reasons, such as murders and kidnappings and accidents or perhaps just being lost. Indeed it is obvious that the only explanation for the hundreds of disappearances are dragons. How did I not see this before?

I would like you to meet my friends Evidence and Occam's Razor. Take a good long look at them...

Seeker, please tell me you didn't just say: "someday I will show them all".

Please find a subject or project (mythology, science, whatever) to put your energy into rather than obsessing about revenge. A quick scan of the news channels can show where that can only lead...

you know your right, however by the "i'll show them all" little tid bit i ment that i'd show them that im not the same loser they used to pick on, and as a matter of fact, they'd be lucky just to clean my septic tank thats what i ment, that one day i'll make them wish they had never been mean to me because oh what do you know im your boss now, now whats the most disgusting job i can imagine for you....

that willl be my revenge being a rich snob to those who treated me like i was less then sh**

that has been my full intent all along however i guess i havent really made that clear

I think that was still the point that Archosaur was making. I'm not going to presume that I understand your current situation, but in my own experiences growing up, I found that the best way to 'show' those people who are being jerks, bullying, making your life hell, etc... is just simply not to let them get to you.

After all, if you're thinking that they think you're a loser, you've let them win. The time you have away from those sorts of people is yours and it shouldn't be wasted on them in any way :)

Even though there are ufo and alien carvings circa 600bc in China.

Yes, in ancient art there are illustrations of "things" that might be called UFOs today. But they can be almost anything. For example there was an excellent article that dubnked most of the UFOs in medieval art, and shown their purely religious origin. UFO buffs simply want them to be UFOs. On the other hand, all of these ancient cultures apparenlty worshipped dragon gods, or later, humanized them, but still acknowledged their dragon assistants. And interestingly, most of these cultures spoke of the dragons giving them laws and teaching them things, as well as providing life giving rain for their crops.

But if there was all of this supposed interaction with aliens in spaceships around the world for thousands of years, why hasn't a single screw been found? Those aliens would have had to have lost somelhing.

Some of the UFO writers who at least READ the ancient scriptures cannot dismiss the dragons, but suggest the "aliens" may have looked like reptiles. But again, for all of the archaeology, why hasn't a trace of the aliens or their technology ever been found.

Long lived dragons, on the other hand, are intelligent by low tech. They need no tools , though some of their obvious hordes of human-made trinkets and treasure have been discovered. In return for their efforts, at least some of these dragons expected offerings of specific animals, and even humans. They are in the memories of every human culture, and probably the large reptilioid cryptids still reported all over the world. Intelligent creatures capable of evading human detection is really the only good explanation for the continuance of sightings and even photographs, voice recordings, sonor signatures, etc.

Yes, of course, how could I not have seen it before? It was completely ludicrous of me to believe that people disappear for more mundane reasons, such as murders and kidnappings and accidents or perhaps just being lost. Indeed it is obvious that the only explanation for the hundreds of disappearances are dragons. How did I not see this before?

I would like you to meet my friends Evidence and Occam's Razor. Take a good long look at them...

I am referring to the many UNEXPLAINED disappearances, where murder, kidnappings, etc, are highly unlikely. There really are an incredible number of them which is why "Alien Abduction" has become so popular. And though they get less press, the "abduction" of cattle from locked pens also defies normal explanation. And then there are the many ships that vanish with all hands, sometimes in perfect weather conditions, not to mention the many ships still found afloat but with their crews missing. These things can happen in the 21st century, and tens of thousands of humans will continue to "vanish" because it is simply "too ludicrous" for most people to imagine large creatures believed in by mankind since the dawn of time, and still seen and photographed in fleeting glimpses due to their wariness, might actually be real. Yet some of these people who find this idea "ludicrous" will still go to chruch and pray to one of these same creatures who happened to have his story told in a book sacred to billions of people.

I am referring to the many UNEXPLAINED disappearances, where murder, kidnappings, etc, are highly unlikely. There really are an incredible number of them which is why "Alien Abduction" has become so popular. And though they get less press, the "abduction" of cattle from locked pens also defies normal explanation.

The alien abduction phenomenon stemmed from the testimonies of 'abductees' and is based on the 'alien' interpretation of the recollections of their experiences, something which coincided with the rise in popularity of science fiction movies and the reporting of UFO sightings in the media. It didn't stem from missing persons, murders or kidnappings.

The mystery regarding cattle was the 'cattle mutilation' phenomenon, farm animals being found dead and exhibiting surgical removal of certain body parts. The nature of these incidents specifically ruled out attack by a predatory animal.

Disappearances of cattle and other farm animals can usually be explained by theft i.e. cattle rustling etc.

There is nothing to connect alien abductions, cattle mutilations or cattle disappearances to dragons.

things can happen in the 21st century, and tens of thousands of humans will continue to "vanish" because it is simply "too ludicrous" for most people to imagine large creatures believed in by mankind since the dawn of time

Do you have a list of missing persons cases in which the evidence would suggest a 'dragon attack' explanation ? What would be a prime example of the evidence in such a case ?

You know I recently saw a programme on the national geograpic channel about how cattle mutilation is the result of a natural process of decompasition,

i,e flys lay there eggs in the soft tissue of the carcass then when the maggotts hatch they devour the surrounding soft tissue.

Apparantly during the seventies there was a rash of mutilations and the local shereiff organised a stakeout of a recently deceased

calf corpse and through that he observed the proccess

The alien abduction phenomenon stemmed from the testimonies of 'abductees' and is based on the 'alien' interpretation of the recollections of their experiences, something which coincided with the rise in popularity of science fiction movies and the reporting of UFO sightings in the media. It didn't stem from missing persons, murders or kidnappings.

The mystery regarding cattle was the 'cattle mutilation' phenomenon, farm animals being found dead and exhibiting surgical removal of certain body parts. The nature of these incidents specifically ruled out attack by a predatory animal.

Disappearances of cattle and other farm animals can usually be explained by theft i.e. cattle rustling etc.

There is nothing to connect alien abductions, cattle mutilations or cattle disappearances to dragons.

On the cattle mutilation-

Speaking at New Zealand’s first International UFO Symposium in Auckland, Stan Deyo explained that US farmers can profit from reporting alien cattle mutilations.

If the police write their report in the right way, the mutilations can be classed as vandalism and are covered by insurance. The extraterrestrial mutilators seem to respect police jurisdiction lines for, outside the insurance-covered states, they generally leave the cows alone.

Of course this is one of many explanations. Link

At the moment we're having a discussion along the lines of sleep paralysis vs actual entities in my 'salvaged' thread, if anyone wishes to continue this line of thought or get into the underlying impetus behind humanity's need for overarching stories :)

Link

And as for dragon religions, I'll agree with Archosaur, DC and anybody else who is cautioning against using Dungeons and Dragons as your reference point (seriously, they can't even get Greek mythology right. Medusa was a Gorgon. Not Medusa and her snake haired sisters were Medusae, and a Gorgon is some weird, poisonious smoke breathing metal bull).

Not even as a reference for fiction, unless you're writing something for WoTC...

You know I recently saw a programme on the national geograpic channel about how cattle mutilation is the result of a natural process of decompasition,

i,e flys lay there eggs in the soft tissue of the carcass then when the maggotts hatch they devour the surrounding soft tissue.

Apparantly during the seventies there was a rash of mutilations and the local shereiff organised a stakeout of a recently deceased

calf corpse and through that he observed the proccess

i saw that program too, and I agree. It fairly blows away the whole cattle mutilation theory, though not the cattle disappearing in places where the owners claim they cannot be stolen by people.

i saw that program too, and I agree. It fairly blows away the whole cattle mutilation theory, though not the cattle disappearing in places where the owners claim they cannot be stolen by people.

The disapearances could be a case of the owners being dishonest,and quietly selling the cattle while claiming the innsurance money thus getting paid twice

eye wittness testomoney is only as honest as the person reporting it

Do you have a list of missing persons cases in which the evidence would suggest a 'dragon attack' explanation ? What would be a prime example of the evidence in such a case ?

The National Geo. special pretty much debunks the cattle mutilation.

I agree with Evangium that most of the abduction theories (if the the person is "returned") are due to sleep paralysis events that used to be old hag and succubi.

As to 'disappearances' without a good reason, they are probably countless. Anyone vanishing for no logical reason, and no trace of their bodies ever found, might be the victim of intelligent, wary predators we haven't identified, but may be the large carnivorous creature believed in by every human culture since the dawen of recorded history...... and still apparently seen in fleeting glimpses in impassable jungles, deep lakes and the oceans where they can elude detection.

There are a number of cases in the Missing Persons article on Wiki, but these are largely dealing with famous people. Who can say how many of the teeming multitudes disappear without notice in the third world? Some of the cases reported on this very forum, in which there are "survivors", report of seeing a dragon-like reptile (florida divers, U Boat, etc.).

I would say any person 'disappearing" in a remote location, particularly at night would be a good prospect. And of course, so many ship disappearances, even in good weather with no logical explanation, and some where the ship is simply left devoid of crew.

Edited by draconic chronicler

Its more likely that the crew disapearances are due to piracy then dragons i,e around the Malaka Straights a known hotbed of pirate activeity

I agree with Evangium that most of the abduction theories (in the the person is "returned") are due to sleep paralysis events that used to be old hag and succubi.

I'd agree with that too, I think that accounts for a lot of alien abduction stories, especially those at night when the individual is in bed. Sleep disorders can also sometimes be attributed to demons, possession and other paranormal related phenomena as well.

I would say any person 'disappearing" in a remote location, particularly at night would be a good prospect. And of course, so many ship disappearances, even in good weather with no logical explanation, and some where the ship is simply left devoid of crew.

There's still no connection to dragons though. Someone out in a remote location at night in the dark could easily get lost and die of accident or exposure. There have been proven accounts of freak tsunami and other sea conditions that can sink a ship and there have been numerous 'ghost ship' cases where the crew have simply abandoned the vessel.

If there is an incident in which someone claims to have seen a dragon then it might bear consideration, but when someone or something disappears without a trace and leaves no evidence whatsoever then why is it likely to be the result of an attack by a mythological creature more than anything else ? As an argument, "it can't be explained and therefore it must be dragons" doesn't hold up.

i think sightings of dragons is nothing more than peoples over active imagination, and them seeing what they want to see, for example. a person happens to be sitting up all night listening to stories about dragons and creatures and what not, then sometime later hears something they cant identify or see a shadow or wut ever, and jump to conclusions that its a dragon or wut ever

well i still believe in them... and i really want to thank DC and any others who have backed me in this discussion

well does any1 else have an oppinion on this topic??

I'd agree with that too, I think that accounts for a lot of alien abduction stories, especially those at night when the individual is in bed. Sleep disorders can also sometimes be attributed to demons, possession and other paranormal related phenomena as well.

There's still no connection to dragons though. Someone out in a remote location at night in the dark could easily get lost and die of accident or exposure. There have been proven accounts of freak tsunami and other sea conditions that can sink a ship and there have been numerous 'ghost ship' cases where the crew have simply abandoned the vessel.

If there is an incident in which someone claims to have seen a dragon then it might bear consideration, but when someone or something disappears without a trace and leaves no evidence whatsoever then why is it likely to be the result of an attack by a mythological creature more than anything else ? As an argument, "it can't be explained and therefore it must be dragons" doesn't hold up.

Actually two such incidents have been discussed here, the U boat attacked by a long necked reptile, but driven off by gunfire, and the long necked reptile that apparently ate two of four boys investigating an old wreck in Florida waters. I believe one of the recently closed dragon threads began with this story.

i think sightings of dragons is nothing more than peoples over active imagination, and them seeing what they want to see, for example. a person happens to be sitting up all night listening to stories about dragons and creatures and what not, then sometime later hears something they cant identify or see a shadow or wut ever, and jump to conclusions that its a dragon or wut ever

That is unlikely when we consider virtually every human culture believed in remarkably similar dragons, and despite their fearsome appearance, were considered benificient gods that helped mankind. That's quite a unique story to be dreamed up all over the world and not what we'd expect judging from the general conception of dragons as giant predatory reptiles.

Check

out and that should prove my point

its a dragon sighting caught on inefered