Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spiritual warfare / Astral Combat

Pteriax

Yes I do. They do not exist. The “remote viewing” program was dumped in the trash where it belongs because of a lousy 15% success rate. If our aircraft flew at a 15% success rate (guesswork, which ANYONE on the planet could do), we’d obviously get rid of the Air Force. I can practice flying without an airplane. But it’s never going to happen. Humans can’t fly. Just as humans don’t know what’s going to happen tomorrow. Every time an offer is made to the psychic community to prove what they can do, there are only two responses. One is falling flat on their faces trying desperately to prove something, and then they make up excuses as to why it didn’t happen that way such as, “Well, the future isn’t certain…” Oh really? Then what part of your ego says YOU can predict the future? And Two is an excuse as to why they won’t do it. “It’s a gift and I shouldn’t show off,” or “I’m not allowed to use it for selfish reasons.” Both of these excuses are absolutely foolish in their own right. Some people have what most would call a gift for playing instruments. Others for sports, so on and so forth. They’re good at it. The CAN do it. So they do, and they do it publicly, without making up stupid excuses as to why they CAN’T do it. The Almighty doesn’t come down from the Heavens and bash them into the ground or hand out a bucket of bad karma for “showing off.” How about the other excuse… selfish reasons. Ok… then win the lottery and give it to charity. Do something good that would better the lives of the less fortunate. That’s the most unselfish thing one could do with the winnings from Megabucks, eh? But, it’ll never happen because psychics CAN’T do it. Excuse after lame excuse. Psychics are about as accurate as those little rolled up astrology papers you can buy at the register in a grocery store. And even still, the paper doesn’t make excuses like, “Well, I need practice.”

But thats your opinion. Mine is different. You have never gone to visit those psychics sitting at home giving readings before have you?

Sure you could. But, no man has stepped foot on Mars. I on the other hand step foot on Creech AFB, NV (Indian Springs, NV) every Monday through Friday at 2:00 PM PST and leave around 10:00 PM PST (and occasionally on weekends if extra work needs to be done). I was in the Air Force for 10.5 years. I have a security clearance. One of my additional duties when I was stuck in Alabama for a couple years involved the security of a controlled area with classified information. After I got out of the Air Force I worked at DISA Montgomery (DISA stands for Defense Information Systems Agency). Alabama is a boring place, and since I had been stationed at Nellis AFB for just shy of 8 years previously, I decided to move back to Las Vegas, NV. See, the nice thing about telling the truth is that I can provide specifics for everything. Kind of difficult to discredit someone who doesn’t spout BS.

Specifics. Ya great. I believe you now. But still psychic exists.

I already said it is not different. Followed by “The end.” In other words, there’s no need to put words in my mouth.

If you don't know the difference, there would never be a difference to you.

Not really. You just need to pay attention to the source when it comes to all of the information plastered around. Much of it is false, speculative nonsense. I can make my own site and say it is a conglomeration of scientists. It would be easy as pie. Been messing around with web design for 14 years. But when it comes down to it, posting sources such as Amazon.com amongst other things…. It saddens me that people actually think this is factual. People need to be realistic.

Ok if you like it. If you like to be realistic, that fine with me.

I’ve known a few over the years. But as far as FAS.org goes…. I take it with a boulder of salt. It’s far too easy to write a book, make a website, etc… and gain followers in some fabricated theory or belief. ESPECIALLY when the people following have some reason to follow. I’ve known people that have only gone to church when they lost their jobs, etc… they depend on God or whatever it is they believe in to fix their problems, find that shining ray of hope, somewhere.

Ya too much dependence on god. I have made that mistake too. But I try not to anymore. Any why has this come to include god? We are talking about psychic.

Edited by AGoodWriter

Okay honestly while some of you make very intelligent and insightful comments as to why you think AP is or is not real this thread was supposed to be about Astral Combat. I really don't see why skeptics such as NoTc (who i pick on because I have seen his posts a lot lately) go around writing entire essays on their viewpoint. This is a paranormal forum so of course you will have people who believe in AP therefore why waste your time if you are never going to convince someone that they are wrong. If their view of things p***es you off just don't click the topic that has AP in its name. But for god's sake stop wasting your time and mine typing up useless essays. Instead go start a book on the topic or something, so that people will buy it, you will get rich and my time won't be wasted.

Okay then I remember reading or watching this one things where this guy was talking about a guy he used to serve with in the army, might have been on another forum. Anyway this person the guy the first guy served with was a satenist and not the good kind that just want to be free the bad kind. Anyway he would tell him about astral combat and something about pain (part of the religion) And how they had astal forms that weren't like them. They were shaped like mythical beasts and animals and the such and they would perticipate in combat with each other. It was a good read. I think that falls into astral combat.

Wow, you're 20? This has bearing.... how?

If you'd been predicting things since you were 7 CORRECTLY as you so loudly proclaim, you'd have your own TV show. Ooooh, here's an idea.... win the lottery. But being psychic and all, you can't possibly do that for selfish reasons. So, do it and donate millions to charity. You aren't the first person to claim abilities to predict the future. You make claims with zero proof, and you won't be the last. : )

I'll sit here and wait anxiously for your excuse as to why you cannot or will not do it. And I guarantee that you will never do it.

I work for the government. So, I'm not unfamiliar with it's practices, especially when it comes to security. : D Sorry, but you're going to have to think of a better means of BSing me.

yeah your incredibly lame and the answer you wrote above shows your stupidity. Things I have predicted are things close to me and my family. When youve seen a family member ,the same family member die twice then you tell me! I have seen 3 family members die before they did and correctly predicted how. you know nothing! I cant say "Oh what are the lotto numbers ill look in my ball" your an idiot! these things come to me in "visions" i cannot control what i see anyone that claims they can is full of ****!!!!! the government lies! everyone knows this,they said for years area 51 didnt exist but it does now doesnt it,no one may know why but thats exactly my point,they lie to hide people from knowing what they do,same with AP. and why people being able to predict the future IT IS POSSIBLE! is astral combat ................IMO no but i wont bash others who say yes because i have no proof or real knowlege as to weather it is or not! now your claiming people cant predict the future either that makes you stupid! can most that claim this actually show it.........NO but in no way does that mean others cant,there are hundreds of cases or people solving crimes after seeing "visions" of the scene. and many MANY other similar PROVEN unexplained cases where people predicted things. to claim all those people were simply lucky is not only foolish its one of the stupidest things ive ever heard! its not my fault you have no gifts to see things but other people can! if you dont know what your talking about keep your *Snip* *rolls eyes* :wacko: Edited by Lady_Anvilabeel
inappropriate comment

yeah your incredibly lame and the answer you wrote above shows your stupidity. Things I have predicted are things close to me and my family. When youve seen a family member ,the same family member die twice then you tell me! I have seen 3 family members die before they did and correctly predicted how. you know nothing! I cant say "Oh what are the lotto numbers ill look in my ball" your an idiot! these things come to me in "visions" i cannot control what i see anyone that claims they can is full of ****!!!!! the government lies! everyone knows this,they said for years area 51 didnt exist but it does now doesnt it,no one may know why but thats exactly my point,they lie to hide people from knowing what they do,same with AP. and why people being able to predict the future IT IS POSSIBLE! is astral combat ................IMO no but i wont bash others who say yes because i have no proof or real knowlege as to weather it is or not! now your claiming people cant predict the future either that makes you stupid! can most that claim this actually show it.........NO but in no way does that mean others cant,there are hundreds of cases or people solving crimes after seeing "visions" of the scene. and many MANY other similar PROVEN unexplained cases where people predicted things. to claim all those people were simply lucky is not only foolish its one of the stupidest things ive ever heard! its not my fault you have no gifts to see things but other people can! if you dont know what your talking about keep your big fat lame mouth shut! *rolls eyes* :wacko:

Peeks head up from under desk. Is she done chewing him out. okay its safe to come out. LOL JK. That is sad you saw people die before hand. Could you have done anything about it or was it something that couldn't be avoided?

Owe I don't know any scientists I just know of what they have done is all.

Peeks head up from under desk. Is she done chewing him out. okay its safe to come out. LOL JK. That is sad you saw people die before hand. Could you have done anything about it or was it something that couldn't be avoided?

Owe I don't know any scientists I just know of what they have done is all.

Im a guy,and no sadly there was nothing I could do to change the events :( cancer,lukemia and a heart attack :(

yeah your incredibly lame and the answer you wrote above shows your stupidity. Things I have predicted are things close to me and my family. When youve seen a family member ,the same family member die twice then you tell me! I have seen 3 family members die before they did and correctly predicted how. you know nothing! I cant say "Oh what are the lotto numbers ill look in my ball" your an idiot! these things come to me in "visions" i cannot control what i see anyone that claims they can is full of ****!!!!! the government lies! everyone knows this,they said for years area 51 didnt exist but it does now doesnt it,no one may know why but thats exactly my point,they lie to hide people from knowing what they do,same with AP. and why people being able to predict the future IT IS POSSIBLE! is astral combat ................IMO no but i wont bash others who say yes because i have no proof or real knowlege as to weather it is or not! now your claiming people cant predict the future either that makes you stupid! can most that claim this actually show it.........NO but in no way does that mean others cant,there are hundreds of cases or people solving crimes after seeing "visions" of the scene. and many MANY other similar PROVEN unexplained cases where people predicted things. to claim all those people were simply lucky is not only foolish its one of the stupidest things ive ever heard! its not my fault you have no gifts to see things but other people can! if you dont know what your talking about keep your big fat lame mouth shut! *rolls eyes* :wacko:

You're so deluded that I actually pity you :( Assuming you're actually serious about what you're posting. If you're joking around it makes a lot more sense and I will no longer need to question your sanity! ;) Of course Area 51 was denied years ago; it was used for aircraft research et cetera that they would not want common knowledge. There is no evidence whatsoever of 'Astral' planes and no evidence for 'Astral Combat'. You think the government lie about AP? :lol: There's no such thing; there's lucid dreaming and sleep paralysis but AP is completely farcical; based on a mix of uneducated people linking psycological phenomenon to their phoney gods or whatever fantasy they choose to live out.

I think you should keep your big, fat, lame, mouth shut :)

(DISCLAIMER: If in fact, you were joking, feel free to ignore my above post as it was entirely motivated by the quoted persons offensive message)

There's a lot of over-active imaginations in here. If you told a psychiatrist any of this you'd be sectioned within a day.

This is completely true you know.

But thats your opinion. Mine is different. You have never gone to visit those psychics sitting at home giving readings before have you?

Ya too much dependence on god. I have made that mistake too. But I try not to anymore. Any why has this come to include god? We are talking about psychic.

Yes I have. Every psychic I have talked to has been dead wrong.

I brought up God as an example. Some depend on God, some on psychics, etc... It was in the context of the discussion

Thanks for the tantrum. You have illustrated my point. Thank you.

You're so deluded that I actually pity you :( Assuming you're actually serious about what you're posting. If you're joking around it makes a lot more sense and I will no longer need to question your sanity! ;) Of course Area 51 was denied years ago; it was used for aircraft research et cetera that they would not want common knowledge. There is no evidence whatsoever of 'Astral' planes and no evidence for 'Astral Combat'. You think the government lie about AP? :lol: There's no such thing; there's lucid dreaming and sleep paralysis but AP is completely farcical; based on a mix of uneducated people linking psycological phenomenon to their phoney gods or whatever fantasy they choose to live out.

I agree.

This is completely true you know.

Yup.

When youve seen a family member ,the same family member die twice then you tell me!

I have but they did actually die twice and they're still alive now.

*Snip* you made a mockery of what i said and it doesnt appear any of you even read it all. Edited by Lady_Anvilabeel
Comment removed

*Points to* ---->

3f. Abusive behaviour: Do not be rude, insulting, offensive, snide, obnoxious or abusive towards other members.

Since this thread is generating some passionate and emotive discussion, I suggest to those finding it difficult to remain reasonable and civil, that they step away for a while, so not to resort to snide comments, personal attacks, or flame-baits.

Edited by Lady_Anvilabeel

*Points to* ---->

3f. Abusive behaviour: Do not be rude, insulting, offensive, snide, obnoxious or abusive towards other members.

Since this thread is generating some passionate and emotive discussion, I suggest to those finding it difficult to remain reasonable and civil, that they step away for a while, so not to resort to snide comments, personal attacks, or flame-baits.

Sorry Landy Anv *bows head in shame* :(

I'll behave,:innocent: i was momentarily out of control. Sorry for the insults. *mumbles under breath* "but psychics do exist" :P

Yes I have. Every psychic I have talked to has been dead wrong.

I brought up God as an example. Some depend on God, some on psychics, etc... It was in the context of the discussion

You must not have found the right one. I suspect you are in some of the western countries.

Thanks for the tantrum. You have illustrated my point. Thank you.

Tamtrum? Where

I agree.

Come up with your own.

Edited by AGoodWriter

You're so deluded that I actually pity you :( Assuming you're actually serious about what you're posting. If you're joking around it makes a lot more sense and I will no longer need to question your sanity! ;)
Actually, we are pitying each other for being unable to understand what we believe in. You mock us, we mock you. It will never stop. I have been here long enough to understand that point.

Question your sanity. But of couse. Anyone who questions things that are supported by most people, mostly science, if someone ever questions the limits of science, he will be branded insane. An excellent point to take note of.

Of course Area 51 was denied years ago; it was used for aircraft research et cetera that they would not want common knowledge. There is no evidence whatsoever of 'Astral' planes and no evidence for 'Astral Combat'. You think the government lie about AP? :lol: There's no such thing; there's lucid dreaming and sleep paralysis but AP is completely farcical; based on a mix of uneducated people linking psycological phenomenon to their phoney gods or whatever fantasy they choose to live out.

Unedcuated is actually a very broad term. In your case, people who believe in astral planes as you call them, are uneducated, those who believe in gods are uneducated. But there is something more to that. Anyone who , I repeat, anyone who understands the limtations of science is considered unedcuated. Haha you are wrong. There are christians, buddists, muslims who are doctors, scientists, car manufacturers.

Therefore, I conclude that you pity, or believe someone is uneducated when they, question the limitations of science. And even your pity is not true pity. The word pity always springs up, however, when you want to pull us down to below your level. Pity indeed. So fake. But of course, what do I expect when i'm facing a bunch of pixels?

Edited by AGoodWriter

Tamtrum? Where

very funny. i still say astral is real :P

Unedcuated is actually a very broad term. In your case, people who believe in astral planes as you call them, are uneducated, those who believe in gods are uneducated. But there is something more to that. Anyone who , I repeat, anyone who understands the limtations of science is considered unedcuated. Haha you are wrong. There are christians, buddists, muslims who are doctors, scientists, car manufacturers.

Therefore, I conclude that you pity, or believe someone is uneducated when they, question the limitations of science. And even your pity is not true pity. The word pity always springs up, however, when you want to pull us down to below your level. Pity indeed. So fake. But of course, what do I expect when i'm facing a bunch of pixels?

If you had read the small message at the bottom of the post I made you would have recognised that I was trying to put as many offensive comments into my post without it appearing so, in reply to that tantrum; if someone makes jabs, I jab back. Nevertheless, by uneducated, I mean so in psycological effects. They don't understand something, don't bother to look it up, and automatically conclude it's to do with their fantasy ideals of gods/fairys/astral planes/demons/angels/elfs/santa/magic/big foot/aliens/ghosts. And I actually truely pity those who do such, so deluded in their small ideas they'll push away all other evidence to the contrary.

Edited by TheResearcher

1. You must not have found the right one. I suspect you are in some of the western countries.

2. Tamtrum? Where

3. Come up with your own.

1. lol, Gosh, I have NEVER heard that before /sarcasm. What does geographic location have to do with it? Does the physical location of a person somehow stop these fake superpowers from working? Who would have thought! Oh, it must be because American psychics are all watered down and full of BS, right? I need to travel to the eastern side of the world to talk to a REAL psychic. Oh man, I've been doing it all wrong. But seriously, don't even start with the geographic location thing. Doesn't matter where you are, they're ALL the same. Fake.

2. It's done and over with.

3. I did. Multiple times. You on the other hand, continue repeating the same exact thing over and over with absolutely NOTHING to back up the fallacy of AP. The difference between believing in AP and not believing is this:

I have offered logical, REAL explanations (that have medical backing) for the sensation of floating out of one's body and why it is has been incorrectly misidentified as astral projection.

Believers only offer speculation IN SPITE of already explained phenomena. Even though the medical community already has a grasp on what this really is, people STILL continue to claim it's AP when it blatantly isn't.

So why don't YOU come up with your own?

Also, you mentioned something to TheResearcher about questioning science.... Science is in the business of investigating. They have already tried to prove remote viewing was real. And it COULD NOT BE PROVEN. Hence the program being trashed. Question science all you'd like. Claim the scientists didn't know what they were talking about. Make up as many excuses as you'd like. It's not going to make AP or psychics real just because you attempted to validate it with that argument.

If you had read the small message at the bottom of the post I made you would have recognised that I was trying to put as many offensive comments into my post without it appearing so, in reply to that tantrum; if someone makes jabs, I jab back. Nevertheless, by uneducated, I mean so in psycological effects. They don't understand something, don't bother to look it up, and automatically conclude it's to do with their fantasy ideals of gods/fairys/astral planes/demons/angels/elfs/santa/magic/big foot/aliens/ghosts. And I actually truely pity those who do such, so deluded in their small ideas they'll push away all other evidence to the contrary.

I don't believe anyone here has the qualifications to be able to psycho analyze another poster. So, I don't want to see any more posts about how someone is "deluded" simply for expressing the beliefs/opinions they do.

This thread is here to discuss Spiritual warfare/Astral combat. A general warning has already been posted recently appealing for a more civil discussion.

So lets see it.

Do you believe in spirit.. ghosts.. souls?

Ever seen any?

What leaves the body at the moment of death?

What reincarnates?

Well I have seen what could have been an astral body leave a sleeping person.. it looked like a reverse negative.. it looked ghostly.. the spirit looked at me smiled.. winked and reached out it's hand to me..

I thought that the person had died in his sleep!!!

I shut my eyes in fear.. and looked again... all looked normal and the person was obviously sleeping!!!

This experience was many years before I had ever heard astral beings.. hadn't believed in ghosts.. or anything before then...hadn't even read any spiritual books.. thought they were quackery... imagination.. until I experienced it...

Since then after having symbolic dreams and visionary dreams about my father getting cancer.. and his eventual demise.. ( I was there at the moment of his death.. I didn't see a spirit leave his body.. but was still in shock as moments before.. I saw what looked like two seat indentations slowly forming in the doona covers around his bed... just where he was glancing.. as if people were sitting down.. but there was no one there... That spooked me...

then years later I lived in the most haunted house ever.. that has since been sold 3 times.. as the other owners got spooked by the hauntings and sold it...The toys whether they had batteries in them or not .. would often go off at 2.30 at night.. and at other random times when guests or other family members walked into the house.. things would disappear and reappear at the strangest places.. all lined up weeks later...my child was caught from falling head first from a high chair.. by something invisible .. we could hear footstep randomly running up the hall. or in other rooms.. it wasn't just me.. others heard.. and saw too..

Yes spirit exists...

I didn't believe in voodoo.. until my daughter bought me a green stone lion from Africa. said it reminded her of me.... Some time later it simply fell off the shelf by it self and broke.. as she was so proud of choosing the gift .. I kept it.. meaning to buy some special glue to repair it later.. I got distracted for about a year as I had young twins as well

Then slowly over the next year I had random illnesses.. had four root canals.. a knee operation.. and an operation at the base of the spine... and problems with my eyes...

I decided to do a spring clean a while later.. and found the broken lion... thought wow.. it's time I fixed it.. I looked at the damage and... four of the teeth where chipped.. one leg was broken off .. and it's tail!!!!

I thought O my god.. it's voodoo!!!

The very next day.. I went to the shops to look for special glue... I picked up a grocery basket and in it.. was super glue!!!!!

I went about repairing it.. but noticed that it had holes where it's eyes were meant to be.. I didn't want anything weird happening there.. so I recall reading up on how to neutralize spells via salt.. so I buried it in a container full of salt. and threw it out seconds before the garbage collectors came.. 'trusting' it will work.. my eyes do play up sometimes still.. but.. ^_^ what a coincidence.. before then I had always thought that voodoo and pointing the bone.. curses were simply a case of mind over matter.. but I don't any more.. I have respect for these things now.. When I threw it away and as the Garbo's came and collected it.. I could feel strange tingling..weirdness....I had to trust it would work and let go of the fear...

Similar experiences have made me believe more and more about these 'spiritual' shamanistic matters... Just because they don't show up for every one.. that science can't control it... doesn't mean it doesn't exist... Have respect...

Who knows , one day you too will be priveleged with some of these spiritual lessons!!!!

Miracles accur.. if one could duplicate them scientifically.. they wouldn't be miracles.. supernatural.. an individual's 'life' lesson..

These things can't be manufactured on call... yet...

t

Edited by crystal sage

CS.... I've spent some quality time in New Orleans. The "voodoo" thing isn't exactly.... real.

I think people ignore the fact that as technology has advanced, the "unknowns" have dwindled dramatically.

Sleep paralysis used to be something of a spiritual nature until the medical community figured out what it was. Why "astral projection" is even still discussed anymore is beyond me.

It's already been PROVEN to be nothing more than sleep paralysis and dreams.

It's extremely difficult to remain civil on a subject like this when people CHOOSE to blatantly ignore facts and medical explanations.

I have seen what could have been an astral body leave a sleeping person.. it looked like a reverse negative.

lol. in other words a positive?

CS.... I've spent some quality time in New Orleans. The "voodoo" thing isn't exactly.... real.

I think people ignore the fact that as technology has advanced, the "unknowns" have dwindled dramatically.

Sleep paralysis used to be something of a spiritual nature until the medical community figured out what it was. Why "astral projection" is even still discussed anymore is beyond me.

It's already been PROVEN to be nothing more than sleep paralysis and dreams.

It's extremely difficult to remain civil on a subject like this when people CHOOSE to blatantly ignore facts and medical explanations.

It's just about what people choose to believe..... people want and need to believe in something larger than themselves so that they don't feel so confined in their degrading physical form, this is probably especially true in the modern world where urban alienation can make life for a huge number of people pretty mundane and they lose a sense of place in the world, for these people if they didn't have their spiritual warfare / astral combat role playing games they would feel like they were walking around with a bomb strapped to their chest that's slowly ticking down to the day they die. Spiritual warfare / astral combat role play is just a way to escape from the realities of life as far as I can tell, it's no different in this sense from a video game except its cheaper and probably has better graphics. Probably a lot of these 'spiritual warriors' and 'astral combatants' see a lot of problems with the world that bother them deeply but they don't have the self confidence or will to actually go out and deal with them head on in consensus physical reality so by immersing themselves in the imaginary 'spiritual realm' they can play out their dissatisfaction with life in a context in which they are all powerful, they're battling with demons in the form of their own insecurities imagined in a physical form, I bet after they've slayed a spiritual demon or whatever it is they do in a spiritual war they walk out the door with a bit more of a spring in their step and as such I don't think this thing is necessarily unhealthy but people need to remember that it's not actually happening anywhere apart from in their own minds.

To the OP....

Thank you for posting your years of research and experience, I have greatly enjoyed reading your posts and the posts of others who have been open minded and poliet. I look forward to reading more, and maybe sharing some when I feel more comfortable.

this sounds pretty interesting ive always wanted to astral travel,but never really understood on how to do it.any tips or instructions you could give me and maybe u could explain alot of other stuff to ssince im sorta new with the whole astral projection thing

I agree.. I am very interested, but never really got passed the weird heart rhythm....

I agree.. I am very interested, but never really got passed the weird heart rhythm....

Panic is a natural reaction to such. Its simply a matter of mind over body and maintaining calm. You'll get it, don't give up.