Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spiritual warfare / Astral Combat

Pteriax

It's just about what people choose to believe..... people want and need to believe in something larger than themselves so that they don't feel so confined in their degrading physical form, this is probably especially true in the modern world where urban alienation can make life for a huge number of people pretty mundane and they lose a sense of place in the world, for these people if they didn't have their spiritual warfare / astral combat role playing games they would feel like they were walking around with a bomb strapped to their chest that's slowly ticking down to the day they die. Spiritual warfare / astral combat role play is just a way to escape from the realities of life as far as I can tell, it's no different in this sense from a video game except its cheaper and probably has better graphics. Probably a lot of these 'spiritual warriors' and 'astral combatants' see a lot of problems with the world that bother them deeply but they don't have the self confidence or will to actually go out and deal with them head on in consensus physical reality so by immersing themselves in the imaginary 'spiritual realm' they can play out their dissatisfaction with life in a context in which they are all powerful, they're battling with demons in the form of their own insecurities imagined in a physical form, I bet after they've slayed a spiritual demon or whatever it is they do in a spiritual war they walk out the door with a bit more of a spring in their step and as such I don't think this thing is necessarily unhealthy but people need to remember that it's not actually happening anywhere apart from in their own minds.

I'm not sure that is a fair assumption. There are plenty of spiritual people who do a lot of good in the physical world. Visualization is a healthy excersice for the brain and spirit. Look at the scientific studies of the benefites of meditation. Just beause someone is spiritual doesn't mean they are against science. It is healthy to have a balance of the two.

I'm not sure that is a fair assumption. There are plenty of spiritual people who do a lot of good in the physical world. Visualization is a healthy excersice for the brain and spirit. Look at the scientific studies of the benefites of meditation. Just beause someone is spiritual doesn't mean they are against science. It is healthy to have a balance of the two.

Life isn't fair. It's a realistic explanation. That's the problem. People are too quick to jump on what's fair and what isn't. It's NOT ABOUT THAT.

Unless people stop sidestepping reality, the belief that AP exists will continue. And you are right, it seems the "balance" is gone.

I love science. I did a bachelor of science at university. I think science is a marvel, considering how our understanding of the world has flourished. I even read richard dawkins :lol: However, science at present doesn't solve EVERYTHING. Even dawkins acknowledges there may be an existence of other dimensions. That opens up the possibility for AP's existence right there. Through quantum mechanics, we now know that energy is comprised of vibrating microstrings of matter, which suggests that even our thoughts have substance. It's not a question of balance, it's a question of being on the frontier - of science eventually accounting for even the most mysterious aspects of human life - just in different ways than it does today. :)

Life isn't fair. It's a realistic explanation. That's the problem. People are too quick to jump on what's fair and what isn't. It's NOT ABOUT THAT.

Unless people stop sidestepping reality, the belief that AP exists will continue. And you are right, it seems the "balance" is gone.

Its not gone. There are a few of us still who maintain a balance, even if it is only in our own lives.

CS.... I've spent some quality time in New Orleans. The "voodoo" thing isn't exactly.... real.

I think people ignore the fact that as technology has advanced, the "unknowns" have dwindled dramatically.

Sleep paralysis used to be something of a spiritual nature until the medical community figured out what it was. Why "astral projection" is even still discussed anymore is beyond me.

It's already been PROVEN to be nothing more than sleep paralysis and dreams.

It's extremely difficult to remain civil on a subject like this when people CHOOSE to blatantly ignore facts and medical explanations.

Hey.. I didn't believe in the idea of voodoo or curses until this happened.. the coincidence of my resultant painful experiences completely matching the breakages of the

carved lion was too great for chance...

the idea of it having any powers at all didn't ever enter my head.. as they were from a gift shop in a resort in South Africa...

Actually the fertility doll given to my husband by the local witch-doctor.. worked..

Every one who touched the doll and was looking to have children all had twins with in a year..and the next one.. a surprise ..shortly after.. so they all had 3 kids within 20 months..... :lol: we actually started chasing people around with the doll after telling them the story!!!

My experiences have validated these things for me..

It's just about what people choose to believe..... people want and need to believe in something larger than themselves so that they don't feel so confined in their degrading physical form, this is probably especially true in the modern world where urban alienation can make life for a huge number of people pretty mundane and they lose a sense of place in the world, for these people if they didn't have their spiritual warfare / astral combat role playing games they would feel like they were walking around with a bomb strapped to their chest that's slowly ticking down to the day they die. Spiritual warfare / astral combat role play is just a way to escape from the realities of life as far as I can tell, it's no different in this sense from a video game except its cheaper and probably has better graphics. Probably a lot of these 'spiritual warriors' and 'astral combatants' see a lot of problems with the world that bother them deeply but they don't have the self confidence or will to actually go out and deal with them head on in consensus physical reality so by immersing themselves in the imaginary 'spiritual realm' they can play out their dissatisfaction with life in a context in which they are all powerful, they're battling with demons in the form of their own insecurities imagined in a physical form, I bet after they've slayed a spiritual demon or whatever it is they do in a spiritual war they walk out the door with a bit more of a spring in their step and as such I don't think this thing is necessarily unhealthy but people need to remember that it's not actually happening anywhere apart from in their own minds.

Remember..exorcisms still exist.. are still a part of religious training..

Is that not some sort of spiritual warfare??? acknowledgment that there is a need of this..

My experiences have validated these things for me..

My experiments and experiences validate that they do not exist.

: D

Interesting, I'm a bit skeptical but, even so I still have an open mind and would like to get a starting point to try this.

Panic is a natural reaction to such. Its simply a matter of mind over body and maintaining calm. You'll get it, don't give up.

Yeah. Every time i've tried. I can slip into that weird feeling of 'open loneliness'.... Then, after that, i can't control my heart rhythm. It will spaz out and start beating like it's going a hundred miles an hour, and i can't stop it.... I've tried... but can't..

The amazing part about the whole situation is, i didn't even know untill after trying, that your heart rate normally is affected... So, that instantly made this a possibility for me. :)

So, i will keep practicing.. I can't wait till i can do it well.

Yeah. Every time i've tried. I can slip into that weird feeling of 'open loneliness'....

So, i will keep practicing.. I can't wait till i can do it well.

Did you know it has recently been proven that loneliness alone *no pun intended* makes you MUCH more likely to believe in the paranormal. Maybe you should start doing some voluntary work instead of fighting imaginary spiritual wars.

Did you know it has recently been proven that loneliness alone *no pun intended* makes you MUCH more likely to believe in the paranormal. Maybe you should start doing some voluntary work instead of fighting imaginary spiritual wars.

First off. I never said.. OMFG I BELIEVE IN SPIRITUAL WARFARE ON THE ASTRAL PLANE!! AAAH!!

Idiot...

Secondly, you need not attack someone who couldn't care less about your opinion.

It will basically get you nowhere.

Learn to research before posting.

There are several .... and i mean SEVERAL studies that show a large difference between 'sleeping' and 'projecting'...

*Snip*

Edited by Lady_Anvilabeel
inflammatory comment

First off. I never said.. OMFG I BELIEVE IN SPIRITUAL WARFARE ON THE ASTRAL PLANE!! AAAH!!

Idiot...

Secondly, you need not attack someone who couldn't care less about your opinion.

There are several .... and i mean SEVERAL studies that show a large difference between 'sleeping' and 'projecting'...

*Snip*

AP is sleep paralysis and lucid dreaming; nothing more, both of which are highly related to sleeping. Could you should be the studies saying there's a difference between these phenomenon and 'projecting' please?

updating quote

AP is sleep paralysis and lucid dreaming; nothing more, both of which are highly related to sleeping. Could you should be the studies saying there's a difference between these phenomenon and 'projecting' please?

I could, but not at the moment, busy at work.

Also, ... lucid dreaming..

yes..

exactly what i'm aiming for.

Not trying to believe there's something called an astral plane.

Just want to be able to control my dreams.

And, after i achieve this 'lucid dreaming' .. i will either believe in the Astral plane, or not..

Either way, it's too amazing to not try. With all of the stories, and all of the coinciding tid bits, it's just too coincidential to not be real.

Edited by Resonance

AP is sleep paralysis and lucid dreaming; nothing more,

THAT IS YOUR OPINION! stop trying to force it on others!

Astral Projection is one's consicous/spirit leaving their body and traveling to a remote location. Remote viewing is another name for it. It is not sleeping or dreaming.

Just saying.

Astral Projection is one's consicous/spirit leaving their body and traveling to a remote location. Remote viewing is another name for it. It is not sleeping or dreaming.

Just saying.

Well, that's the 'speculated' answer for what it is...

Who honestly knows?

The human brain is capable of amazing things.

Now, don't get me wrong. I truthfully want to believe in it. And i can't wait till i achieve it.

But, till i do, it seems too much like lucid dreaming to me.

Of course, with the stories and such that i've heard, i wouldn't doubt that you're 100% correct.

Well, that's the 'speculated' answer for what it is...

Who honestly knows?

The human brain is capable of amazing things.

Now, don't get me wrong. I truthfully want to believe in it. And i can't wait till i achieve it.

But, till i do, it seems too much like lucid dreaming to me.

Of course, with the stories and such that i've heard, i wouldn't doubt that you're 100% correct.

I very much thought the same way until I 'dreamed' one night of standing behind my mother (who lives 5 miles away) watching her put make up on and getting ready to go out to dinner with my dad. Nothing seemed strange about it except that my mother called me and woke me to tell me she 'saw' me in her mirror.

Granted mother's and children had stong ties sometimes, there is also the factor I was very ill at the time. But still nothing scientific can explain what I saw and she saw. I was able to describe every detail to her, the dress she was wearing the beaded barret in her hair and how much of her makeup she had done at the time. It was a very strange experience for us both.

Idiot...

So, grow up, learn... and shut up.

I wasn't attacking you at all, I'm just saying maybe you should get out more and do some healthy activities in the real world instead of worrying so much about being able to 'astrally project' into a spiritual realm that doesn't exist.

Just because you don't beleive in it, or have never seen, felt, touch, tasted, smelled it does not mean it does not exsist.

I wasn't attacking you at all, I'm just saying maybe you should get out more and do some healthy activities in the real world instead of worrying so much about being able to 'astrally project' into a spiritual realm that doesn't exist.

Well, first off. I'm never indoors as it is... I'm a sponsored skateboarder, so i am outside skateboarding a lot... As for being indoors, the only time i normally am, is to sleep, eat, or work... which i'm doing now.

So, before you assume i'm not doing enough 'health activities'...why don't we say the same for you? Mr. 964 posts..

Why don't you *Snip* er... wait, let me re-phrase that..

Why don't you go do more 'healthy activities'... other than *Snip*

Inflammatory comment

This is my 3rd visit to this thread, and I am again going to repeat myself. Look, I am even going to make this bolder -

I know the subject is passionate, but some posts have had to be edited with warnings left (Resonance). Rather than retaliate to snide comments use the report button. I request again that the discussion continues in a respectful manner. If you can not manage that, step away from the thread.

Does not exist in your opinion louis. Watch what you're alluding too, this reply comes across as rather patronising.

Now back to the topic :tu:

Just because you don't beleive in it, or have never seen, felt, touch, tasted, smelled it does not mean it does not exsist.

Absence of proof is proof of nothing. It might not mean something isn't a reality, but the fact is any argument could be justified by that statement. AP has no evidence or proof, moreover it has been explained extremely well by science. Therefore, the logical and sensible response is that AP does not exist in the sense some people are saying on here.

Absence of proof is proof of nothing. It might not mean something isn't a reality, but the fact is any argument could be justified by that statement. AP has no evidence or proof, moreover it has been explained extremely well by science. Therefore, the logical and sensible response is that AP does not exist in the sense some people are saying on here.

Okay, i'm sorry for the inflammatory remarks i made. I will keep it friendly.

I am sorry Louis, for any unkind words i may have said.

We are both adults, i'm sure we can discuss this further with more restraint.