Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

difference between ghost spirit & entity?

CANDIDPETS

Kinda confused is there even a difference?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Electra Rain

• NoahJaymes

• WiCkEdWENDIGO

• AngelXVI

Kinda confused is there even a difference?

well u have orbs which are spirits well a form .....then u have entities which are one thing left behind could even be a voice.....the u have ghosts wich can be spirits...or entities lol so really no no dif depends on how u see them (shadows, animals, people, orbs, lines, or even evp voices)

Its not proven but this is what I think

Ghost = Spirit not passed on to the light

Spirit = Passed through the light

Entity is just another name for a ghost or a non human spirit

actually no you see a spirit can also be one not passed into the light so it could be a ghost...but ghost are in cases of hauntings....that can also be an entity....so...

actually no you see a spirit can also be one not passed into the light so it could be a ghost...but ghost are in cases of hauntings....that can also be an entity....so...

Its everybodies own interpretation.. there are no right or wrong answers so you cannot say yeah or neigh... so...

Ghost=a echo, a relflection of the past not necessarily a spirit, but a after image of someone who once lived.

Spirit=the soul of a person

Entitiy=everyone living and dead, you are a entitiy and so am I. Entitiy is used to describe anything that you don't know what it really is, often used in place of the term ghosts or spirits because people dont know for sure what ghosts or spirits really are.

Ghost=a echo, a relflection of the past not necessarily a spirit, but a after image of someone who once lived.

Entitiy=everyone living and dead, you are a entitiy and so am I. Entitiy is used to describe anything that you don't know what it really is, often used in place of the term ghosts or spirits because people dont know for sure what ghosts or spirits really are.

thats more like it lol wow nice

Its everybodies own interpretation.. there are no right or wrong answers so you cannot say yeah or neigh... so...

there r right and wrong answers but i was wrong just as u and i investagate this stuff as a living lol just goes to show we can never stop learning

You see its everyones own interpretation... You can have intellegent hauntings and residual ones both are ghosts to me :D

You see its everyones own interpretation... You can have intellegent hauntings and residual ones both are ghosts to me :D

Yeah all those terms represent beliefs. To me a ghost means you dont believe that what you are seeing is the soul of a dead person. A more generic term. A spirit represents a belief in the after life, and that persons souls are stuck here on earth.

I hardly ever use either of those, because I don't know what the entities I see really are. I am not an atheist but I don't believe that the souls of dead persons walk the earth either. I don't know what to believe.

Yeah all those terms represent beliefs. To me a ghost means you dont believe that what you are seeing is the soul of a dead person. A more generic term. A spirit represents a belief in the after life, and that persons souls are stuck here on earth.

I hardly ever use either of those, because I don't know what the entities I see really are. I am not an atheist but I don't believe that the souls of dead persons walk the earth either. I don't know what to believe.

well get a camera and snap some pics seeing is beliving? or some ppl say

I know the feeling... there's a lot out there that we don't understand especially when you are experiencing something for yourself. A lot of unanswered questions that I guess we will never have the answers to... not in this life anyway!!!

Aliens are also considered entities....

I would consider anything from another place/time to be an entity, like an ET. When I think spirit I think of something that has passed on, but remains earthbound for whatever reason.

I would consider anything from another place/time to be an entity, like an ET. When I think spirit I think of something that has passed on, but remains earthbound for whatever reason.

Me Too....

A spirit was once human, while an entity has never been human, but always has been spirit.

I just clump them all together, as they are open to interpretation.

Weregirl, you do this for a living???

Clump them together? Thats when confusion sets in....

It varies from team to team, person to person really.

Ghosts-echos, residual type hauntings

Spirits- intelligent type hauntings

entities-A being, ghost, spirit, whatever...likeness in mass.

Clump them together? Thats when confusion sets in....

It varies from team to team, person to person really.

Ghosts-echos, residual type hauntings

Spirits- intelligent type hauntings

entities-A being, ghost, spirit, whatever...likeness in mass.

A witness doesn't care. There has never been any confusion. To be sure, my team would never be so arrogant as to think we could diagnose...

Edited to add: I can't remember actually ever using the word ghost or spirit to a witness. To do so would again be diagnosing their situation as a haunting. There is never enough surety in this field to be able to do that, IMO.

Edited by LadyHay

So you just listen to the "witness" and um...then what? Walk around seeing if you experience the same thing? So if you experience the same thing as the witness and you say...what exactly? I mean, if you say yes, we experienced the same as you, or we have experienced some things paranormal of nature...does that not diagnose? On your terms it may not, but inbetween the lines it solidifies what the witness was saying all along.....haunted.

Hey LadyHay, I have a question - would it harm the investigation in any way if there was an accountable psychic on board the team? :)

Way to bring the other topic over here...does that fit what this thread is?

Lets see Ghost, investigations, psychic's see and talk to ghost, they also pick up energy, and energy is a ghost....Ummm, I'd say it fits... It doesn't take a total :geek: geek to see that we are in the ghost, hauntings & paranormal section of a paranormal forum, so why wouldn't a psychic fit into this catagorie? Oh wait, that's right some people in here believe that psychic's who use tarot cards and crystal balls conjure up demons to talk too, such hog wash, but that's my opinion, as if you care....

Difference between ghosts, spirits and entities, where does psychics come in? I mean honestly? Seriously? I mean can you fill me in here? Because i'd really like to know...honestly...i mean really...because...rigggght....not so much....i mean...that other thread....and then this....i mean really?

Difference between ghosts, spirits and entities, where does psychics come in? I mean honestly? Seriously? I mean can you fill me in here? Because i'd really like to know...honestly...i mean really...because...rigggght....not so much....i mean...that other thread....and then this....i mean really?

:lol: