Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A recurring dream...

Premonition

Over the last few days I have had a recurring dream. This dream seems to have an apocalyptic theme although I may have misinterpreted it in general. Before I explain the dream, I would just like to say hello to all, I am new to the forums, having found them by chance on my phone, several days ago, I decided to join in order to share this experience with you. I am from the UK, hopefully maybe there is a bigger representation of my country on here. (we very rarely get phenomena over here, or thats how it seems) Anyway, what drew me to post this dream I have been having is that, another member on here had a dream about the end of the world, which involved alien machinery coming out of the ground etc.

My dream starts as I walk to work, its a lovely view along the country paths taking me there, and I tend to have a bit of a stare around as I walk. On this particular day as I stare, the ground seems to raise in the distance and move, like something is travelling under ground, and doesn't quite fit. Once the thing has moved the ground returns to normal. In my head I hear myself say it must be the wind in the cornfields playing with my mind. The dream skips forward then, to after work, and I have reached the street where I live. People are running around screaming, and there are four giant creatures, about 80 ft tall. (Now I interpreted these as some sort of four horsemen type figures, as I observed them, they seemed to be preparing rather than annihilating, although they did do there fair share of that as well) One of them had a very cubic form, it seemed that it was made from brick, its face was made of a green light, it shot bolts of what seemed to be the same green light. The other three were more demonic looking with a hint of machinery. The one that stuck in my mind however was the only other one I actually managed to interact with, It seemed tobe sheperding humans somewhere, and every so often it would point at a group or just occasionly one person. As soon as the person or group were pointed at, the people died. I tried to walk past it, and he outstretched his hand to say go, and as I walked past he pointed at me which killed me. The dream then ends.

Obviously I know that this is a very imaginative almost sci-fi/action style dream, and its not exactly how I believe the world would end however having the dream four times in a row concerns me. I Haven't watched or read any sci-fi, horror, or action films recently (The wife won't let me) and I don't do drugs. I just want to know what people think, and what they might be able to interpret from this, if anything. The thing that bothers me is that a fair few people are having dreams which are similar or of the same theme, (end of the world etc.) Thankyou for your time.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Burl

• Premonition

• jonny b

• Mind Of Katie

Top Posters In This Topic

Killing and destruction is a major stress factor that we live with. I think that trauma has to affect us somehow even if we successfully subdued it into the unconscious. I imagine the more sensitive (less numb) amongst us will have nightmarish episodes after a close-call when our real defenseless positions are considered for what they are. The mind is really adapted to blocking out a lot of the stuff that drives some people crazy.

I thought it could be more of a psychological thing rather than an end of the world sort of premonition. However it did seem a bit of a coincidence that I hadthe dreams, and then found the forums. I find dreams very interesting,a lot of my dreams are the source of deja vu for me as well, which sms wierd. For example, I dreamt of someone I had never met, and then met them in the later on in life, but maybe its just the imprints left behind of seeing someone in passing.

Um yeah, let's not discount spiritual influences that may have a stake in your reactions to stimuli. It's serious to lots of people. If you're religious then you might think that you are a pawn in some game or something.

I thought it could be more of a psychological thing rather than an end of the world sort of premonition. However it did seem a bit of a coincidence that I hadthe dreams, and then found the forums. I find dreams very interesting,a lot of my dreams are the source of deja vu for me as well, which sms wierd. For example, I dreamt of someone I had never met, and then met them in the later on in life, but maybe its just the imprints left behind of seeing someone in passing.

Cool dream to read about,It's funny though, cause I just posted about a reoccuring dream that I have had since I was an infant.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...howtopic=121796

OH, and the deja vu thing I can completly relate to it as well.

Your dream is very interesting. The problem I have with this dream is that certain aspects of the dream, of everyone dying around me, the ground moving, were very vivid. Another dream I had a long time ago was pretty wierd.

I have a rather serious fear of bees. In this dream I was in a futuristic environment, I walked up a spiral staircase only to be confronted with what seemed to be giant bees. As I ran away from them, they gave chase. At the bottom one of them was in front of me. It flew at me and stung me on the forehead. I woke up in agony. Wierd.

Your dream is very interesting. The problem I have with this dream is that certain aspects of the dream, of everyone dying around me, the ground moving, were very vivid. Another dream I had a long time ago was pretty wierd.

I have a rather serious fear of bees. In this dream I was in a futuristic environment, I walked up a spiral staircase only to be confronted with what seemed to be giant bees. As I ran away from them, they gave chase. At the bottom one of them was in front of me. It flew at me and stung me on the forehead. I woke up in agony. Wierd.

yeah, dreams can be pretty scary, heh I have a phobia of spiders, and anytime I have dreamed about them getting on me it freaks me out even after I have woken up.

I'll hazard and guess you are in touch with the global unconscious anxiety.

I'll hazard and guess you are in touch with the global unconscious anxiety.

What is that exactly?

The only reason I ask is for a long time right up to the 911 attacks I would have the feeling like something was wrong every night before I went to sleep, but could never put my finger on what it was.I just had the feeling like it had something to do with the financial aspect of things and something else that I could never put my finger on.Then after it all happened the feeling went away.I actually talked with some other people who said they had simular experiences.I was the same feeling I had the night and the next day when my grandmother passed away, till someone had told me what happened.I never had any nightmares or dreams associated with this though.

Would this have anything to do with being connected to others on a conscious or unconscious level?

I think the psychiatric term is 'Projection'.

If a child is taught that there will be earthquakes in diverse places and such then that could be projected into dreams.

It's probably a common thing amongst children to be taught scary stuff that could surface in dreams and in feelings of worthlessness or depression. I'm guessing that this is what the original poster is describing.

QUOTE (jonny b @ Apr 4 2008, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would this have anything to do with being connected to others on a conscious or unconscious level?

I don't know if there is a psychic VanAllen Belt which redirects our unconscious feelings back to receptive minds but Alexander Graham Bell worked on a telephone that reached dead people so I'm not saying it isn't.

Apart from the fact am 22 yrs old, Its good to see that you have possibly researched the fact that the u.k. has started to suffer from larger than normal earthquakes (although ancient writers state that we have had them in the past). This may be a factor in my dreams, I do think that they have been the most prominent visions in my dreams. Its very good to see I haven't been flamed or anything as of yet on these forums. Everyone seems pleasant. Is it possible that dreams, however bizarre or out of this world, could be connected to a bigger picture? I have no real views on this, my beliefs are just starting to flourish, having not been able to express myself in anyway durin my childhood.

I haven't the foggiest about the mechanics (everyone seems to have an answer) I'm just saying that no matter what we perceive, psychology is a major element.

An example:

The zen-pickle I've heard is that when we walk around a circle we meet ourselves coming from the other direction.

This means that everybody out there could be yourself as a product of different stimuli.

Lets say there are beings who have existed for thousands of years here on Earth who started out just like you or me; during that time they would become much like crocodiles I imagine, irritable & mean and would just as soon bite your legs off as look at you.

The Mayan Legends has a couple people go down into the underworld and meet these awful characters. But the thing is, I think, to remember, to have empathy that the crocodile sunning on the bank could have been you a million years ago and could be you again a million years from now. That's what I think religions are getting at, that no matter what you meet it could actually be yourself.

I hope that helps.

Here's a Wiki site that says everything in Buddhism, Baha'i Faith, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, Islam, Jainism & Judaism that somebody might wish to say, if they were talking to themselves as children or as Ten million year old bug-eyed monsters: Golden Rule As far as I know it's the only thing we can count on.

Edited by Burl

Over the last few days I have had a recurring dream. This dream seems to have an apocalyptic theme although I may have misinterpreted it in general. Before I explain the dream, I would just like to say hello to all, I am new to the forums, having found them by chance on my phone, several days ago, I decided to join in order to share this experience with you. I am from the UK, hopefully maybe there is a bigger representation of my country on here. (we very rarely get phenomena over here, or thats how it seems) Anyway, what drew me to post this dream I have been having is that, another member on here had a dream about the end of the world, which involved alien machinery coming out of the ground etc.

My dream starts as I walk to work, its a lovely view along the country paths taking me there, and I tend to have a bit of a stare around as I walk. On this particular day as I stare, the ground seems to raise in the distance and move, like something is travelling under ground, and doesn't quite fit. Once the thing has moved the ground returns to normal. In my head I hear myself say it must be the wind in the cornfields playing with my mind. The dream skips forward then, to after work, and I have reached the street where I live. People are running around screaming, and there are four giant creatures, about 80 ft tall. (Now I interpreted these as some sort of four horsemen type figures, as I observed them, they seemed to be preparing rather than annihilating, although they did do there fair share of that as well) One of them had a very cubic form, it seemed that it was made from brick, its face was made of a green light, it shot bolts of what seemed to be the same green light. The other three were more demonic looking with a hint of machinery. The one that stuck in my mind however was the only other one I actually managed to interact with, It seemed tobe sheperding humans somewhere, and every so often it would point at a group or just occasionly one person. As soon as the person or group were pointed at, the people died. I tried to walk past it, and he outstretched his hand to say go, and as I walked past he pointed at me which killed me. The dream then ends.

Obviously I know that this is a very imaginative almost sci-fi/action style dream, and its not exactly how I believe the world would end however having the dream four times in a row concerns me. I Haven't watched or read any sci-fi, horror, or action films recently (The wife won't let me) and I don't do drugs. I just want to know what people think, and what they might be able to interpret from this, if anything. The thing that bothers me is that a fair few people are having dreams which are similar or of the same theme, (end of the world etc.) Thankyou for your time.

Hello Premonition,

That is a very interesting dream you had. It seems to me, that your unconcious mind is trying to allert you of a situation. Pay attention to your feelings in the dream. Why would this creature be made out of bricks? Maybe it's relating to a house? Maybe you are having financial difficulties?

Notice that you at the beginning, you were walking in peace... maybe your mind if warning you of a situation yet to come. Be aware, that in the dream you were going to work, and then it skips right to the "end of the world".

Does that help? I hope so... =) I read a lot about dreams, and have had many experiences with my dreams.

Have a good day!