Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wright- Ghost polaroids

ghosttheory

Hello all.

I was fortunate enough to see the ghostly polaroids of the infamous "wright" case in Los Angeles CA.

If you are not familiar with the case, check it out:

Ghost Theory

I met up with the owner of the place and did a brief interview.

It's posted on my blog:

Interview

To me, this is one of the most fascinating cases I've ever researched.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ghosttheory

• Im-postle-able

• Isensee

• bigwedgie

That is fascinating, yes. If indeed it is a real ghost, he has found a fairly interesting way to communicate with our side.

Thanks for sharing!

I saw the original tv broadcast of the chap taking these polaroids years back and at the time i was convinced it was the real thing, considering he must have taken thousands of them there is very little on the web .... twenty years or so later it is still "interesting" in my view, not impossible to fake but it was much more difficult then than it is these days with digital cameras and photo manipulation software. I would love to see the programme again and also see the shots of the pictures but it seem he has got a commercial interest these days which makes me a little suspicious.

... and also see the shots of the pictures but it seem he has got a commercial interest these days which makes me a little suspicious.

Yea, I thought about that. I mean, all of the sudden he decides to come out with some photographs after almost 2 years; and they are all on a $50 book.

Then again, I shouldn't say anything. Since I don't know what went on behind the scenes. I do know that he told me that he thought about wether or not to show the pictures and wether or not to have them available to people to see. (While making a profit)

I've read stranger things happening.......so who's to say.

Yeah i saw that on TV a little while ago (one of the reasons i signed up to this board). I'm 100% convinced that it was a clever hoax.

Firstly the "tests" they did on camera were simplistic at best and even simple sleight of hand tricks could have substituted the "clean" films for doctored ones. I think from memory one of the guys who was making the claim worked for a photography place.

Anywho.. the story went that they would call out aloud a question to the ghost, then they would take a picture and magically words would appear on the film answering the question. During the live filming there was a bit where i remember standing up & yelling at the TV "OMG how can you not see what he just did!!!"

Basically the two guys who were making these claims were on opposite ends of the room, one was loading a "fresh" film and the other was getting ready to ask the ghost a question.. the question guy started to ask a question but the guy loading the film stopped him & TOLD him the question to ask. Doesn't this seem sus? It seemed like the guy loading the film knew what was on it & was getting the other one to ask the "right" question..

Anywho.. the whole things was very sus and had plenty of room for trickery and deception.

It makes me want to go and buy a polaroid camera and test it out.

test it out? what.. testing the hoax that they performed?

test it out? what.. testing the hoax that they performed?

Although what has surprised me is that this incident was investigated by Kerry Gaynor (the Entity case), yet I have not been able to find any published articles by Kerry Gaynor in regards to this incident.

now you got me wondering....

Maybe I should try to get in contact with him and setup an interview, just like the "ghost polaroid" interview. If anyone knows how I can get ahold of Kerry Gaynor please let me know.

This is actually pretty easily faked, and has nothing to do with the film.

It can be done using the roller inside thd camera that rolls the picture out. It would be possible for anyone to do this, with only a couple of minutes of prep time. And for someone who really knew what they were doing, and had the questions staged ahead of time, they could prepare several rollers ahead of time with the letters that they want to show up, and swap them out in a few seconds.

This is actually pretty easily faked, and has nothing to do with the film.

It can be done using the roller inside thd camera that rolls the picture out. It would be possible for anyone to do this, with only a couple of minutes of prep time. And for someone who really knew what they were doing, and had the questions staged ahead of time, they could prepare several rollers ahead of time with the letters that they want to show up, and swap them out in a few seconds.

Well I'm no photography expert, but I am an amateur photographer. I do know that the polaroids that I saw up close did not look like an effect that could be produced mechanically. These images were really quite clear and "in the picture". I know of people saying that the camera/film could have been doctored, but honestly an up close inspection of the polaroids seem to show that the words were actually floating in mid-air. I'm not saying that it's not a possibility that the roller was altered...but the effects were too real. I'm still holding out for a more concrete theory.

wow that is relly amazing

part of me thinks, well i think that this is a very good hoax slight of hand camera angles all had there part to play no doubt

but a small part of me wants to belive that this is real if it is then im gunna go get a polariod!

EDIT: has anyone found where i can see the entire episode? or the name of it will do

thanks in advance ;)

also like to add nice find ghost

Edited by Mikeeyboi