Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Levitating African Shaman

Radian

Interesting piece of work here!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DfizzleShizzle

• Mahtu

• drakonwick

• Radian

If this is real, then it's completely nuts. But, I have a sneaking suspicion that it has to be night for a reason. Possibly wires? I don't know, I couldn't really see anything form the side angle because there were so many shadows. Awesome video though.

LoL, this is obviously just a bit of jiggery pokery, and by no means evidence of actual levitation ;)

The obvious signs of him having to keep his balance while he is in the air is enough to say

that there is some kind of trick to it. The rest is just for show.

Regards,

Tom

Well...If you were levitating, dont you think you would be off balance? Nothing is holdin u upp...

Well...If you were levitating, dont you think you would be off balance? Nothing is holdin u upp...

How would I know? I cannot levitate. Nor' have I seen anyone who can that can tell me what it's like.

Maybe I'm just naive, but Kris Angel may have a reason to use wires.. has a reason to prop such a thing..has an agenda! The thing I can't seem to get over is what in heck does a no name shaman have to gain by such fancy footwork.. dunno, people!

Maybe I'm just naive, but Kris Angel may have a reason to use wires.. has a reason to prop such a thing..has an agenda! The thing I can't seem to get over is what in heck does a no name shaman have to gain by such fancy footwork.. dunno, people!

Considering people do that in several Countries, I think its real. This guy is NOT in it for the money, thats for sure..Thanks for sharing..JN

He is in it for what purveyors of fake signs and wonders have been in it for since the beginning of humanity: power, influence, and control over his fellows.

Money is a modern convenience by which PI&C may be hoarded for later use, but it is a means, not an end. If you have the real thing, then you needn't worry about money. You can always cadge some off of your victims should the need arise.

You wouldn't need to have any balance because you wouldn't be worried about falling off anything.

How can be off balance when you aren't balancing on anything? You can't...

Video seems pretty hoaky to me.

You wouldn't need to have any balance because you wouldn't be worried about falling off anything.

Maybe you won't need balance if you are sure to be hanging there. But I would be afraid of hanging upside down. Weather I will fall or not. Well you can be off balance if not balancing on anything. Like for example non gravity areas? Space and the like? Don't people there have to try to keep straight?

Yea, Me agree...

Since you're in the air, you could fall downwards...

Does anybody else notice the little flash that comes off of his right hand? It uncannily looks like an electric spark or little bolt or something.

Hmmmm, i'm in two minds. I couldn't really see any wires or anything, but it was night. I think it is real, because the look on his face was like, pure concentration. And i don't think he'd be in it for the money, because he's an african shaman, i doubt he'd need any publicity, and stuff like that.

Still, there is some doubt.

Angel x

I don't think that the first one is real. Haven't watched the second. I know there are reports of levitations in vodoo ceremonies. One I thought was somewhat convincing was on Ripley's believe it or not, must have been twenty five years ago.

another vid of a levitating guy

http://www.myvideo.nl/watch/3508522

I think it's possible to levitate. this vid is from the new uri geller show.

That one loosk fake...Jus the fatc that it is more of a magic show than a true psychic demonstration...Like, he does fire eating, thing through the toungue...He's levitating next to his chair for gods sake...Doesnt seem very real...

yeah, i mean the guy's a magician and it's his job to fool us into believing that he is levitating. It's what he gets paid for. Every other famous magician in the world does a levitation trick. My friend Jordan can even do a couple of them and he's only been practicing illusion for 2 years.

But that shaman has nothing to gain and I think it's strange that there happened to be intense winds and what looks like a spark coming off of his hand.

Edited by Mahtu

yeah, i mean the guy's a magician and it's his job to fool us into believing that he is levitating. It's what he gets paid for. Every other famous magician in the world does a levitation trick. My friend Jordan can even do a couple of them and he's only been practicing illusion for 2 years.

But that shaman has nothing to gain and I think it's strange that there happened to be intense winds and what looks like a spark coming off of his hand.

i watch it a bunch and still don't know if i believe it but i haven't seen a spark of any sort.

"Shaman" is the world's second oldest profession. There are so many traditions, in so many different times and places, that anything you care to say "shamanism" will be true of some traditions.

So, what the phrase "world's second oldest profession" connotes applies to some, too.

Often, trickery and fraud is rationalized with bullticky like "I have genuine mystical stature, but it is subtle and people do not immediately understand such things, so I do these little tricks, which they do understand. It is for their benefit, not mine."

Uri Geller said something similar on one of the occasions he was caught faking something or other (hard to keep track, he has faked so many things for so many years).

As to "nothing to gain," everything is relative. Throughout much of the world, having an enclosure around your very own cesspit is a luxury worth struggling for. That this gentleman lacks the ambition and organizational skills of Benny Hinn does not make his flimflammery any more authentic.

Besides, as the video shows, the dude is making his move. There's porcelain for the cesspit in his future, for sure.

Yea, I can do a levitation trick too...Really easy...

i watch it a bunch and still don't know if i believe it but i haven't seen a spark of any sort.

Watch his right (not your right) hand really closely the whole time he's levitating. I don't know, maybe it's my eyes playing tricks on me, but I see it every time I watch the vid.

Considering people do that in several Countries, I think its real. This guy is NOT in it for the money, thats for sure..Thanks for sharing..JN

hes in it for tribe control

Wow... i can't believe how many people think it's real... it's an overused levitation trick that magicians have been using for ages!

Notice the cameraman from the side angle NEVER points the camera at his mid section? When he it looking at his feet then the camera shifts to his face the cameraman moves the camera in a wide arc out in-front of the guy so as to not show his middle section.

There is a pole coming out from the palm tree just behind him, if you watch the movements of his balancing it would suggest that he is simply balancing on the pole with it between his legs.. kinda sitting on it. The pole would have a bunch of guys on the other end to lift him up & down in a simple lever action.

Simple trick, no supernatural explanation.. The cameraman on the side gives the trick away with what he avoids showing us at all costs..