Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is there a link between your mind and time?

NestaDharma

Bearing in mind, we invented time, and not mind, how can there?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mademoiselle

• Pelican_Eel

• Menith

• NestaDharma

we didn't invent time. We invented measuring of time. The link...I don't know. Mind is in time and time is in mind...

There is two "time". The perceptive time and the physical time.

Time is the the order in which events occur. The perceptive view of time (the time you experience) is the order in which the brain sort signals. Sometimes the brain tries to prioritize certain things because of instincts (dangers, a hot women etc). Then we have the physical view of time which is widely discussed, but all events that leaves a trail which is measurable is a moment in the physical time.

Something intresting is that the physical time and the perceptive time aren't always synchronized.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, to answer the question in the way i understood the question, do you hunt with a spear or a shoppingcart today? if you choose the last then yes, there is a connection on behalf of that i probably misunderstood your question

I can take a nap at lunch and wakeup just as lunch ends without an alarm clock....

I believe the mind invented the concept of time. The mind works on the idea of logic, a comparison of data to make a relative assessment of it for storage and retrieval. Time is a helpful mechanism when dealing with say, people for instance. If you meet a particular person one time and it was not a good experience, say even threatening, you make a mental assessment of the experience along with the mental picture of that person and store it for future reference. At another time in the future you meet that person again, under different circumstances, where the person is helpful, maybe even friendly. You end up with two completely different assessments of the same mental image, a potentially confusing situation for the mind to evaluate. By including the concept of time in the evaluating process, a differentiation of the two different experiences can be made.

I believe the mind invented the concept of time. The mind works on the idea of logic, a comparison of data to make a relative assessment of it for storage and retrieval. Time is a helpful mechanism when dealing with say, people for instance. If you meet a particular person one time and it was not a good experience, say even threatening, you make a mental assessment of the experience along with the mental picture of that person and store it for future reference. At another time in the future you meet that person again, under different circumstances, where the person is helpful, maybe even friendly. You end up with two completely different assessments of the same mental image, a potentially confusing situation for the mind to evaluate. By including the concept of time in the evaluating process, a differentiation of the two different experiences can be made.

Imagine if the ancients had designed a ten-day a week calendar with only four working days and six days off... I think the Hebrews designed a seven-day week calendar (but I'm not sure). But imagine four sabbath days instead of only one... That'd be cool. Spend time with the family, read books, self-study. It would have been grand...

Imagine if the ancients had designed a ten-day a week calendar with only four working days and six days off... I think the Hebrews designed a seven-day week calendar (but I'm not sure). But imagine four sabbath days instead of only one... That'd be cool. Spend time with the family, read books, self-study. It would have been grand...

very nice thought ..

Sometimes the brain tries to prioritize certain things because of instincts (dangers, a hot women etc).

lollin @ the hot women comment

I think time exists outside of mind and is not a product of it. I have noticed that time is speeding up for a while now. The day does not last as long as it used to. If you ask children if the days go by exceedingly slow, as they did for children of previous generations, most will say no. Maybe it is the information overload and electronics that everyone uses now and taking time to smell the roses, children playing outside, etc... no longer exist as it once did.

"Maybe it is the information overload and electronics that everyone uses now and taking time to smell the roses, children playing outside, etc... no longer exist as it once did."

True, its electronics overload and generally much more pressure in life like in jobs etc, your wife leaving ... not easy to score hot gals these days as much as in old days...

"smell the roses"

Atleast I still smell and puff hashish, not technically "roses" buy it does fu*k my time preception pretty bady.

"Maybe it is the information overload and electronics that everyone uses now and taking time to smell the roses, children playing outside, etc... no longer exist as it once did."

True, its electronics overload and generally much more pressure in life like in jobs etc, your wife leaving ... not easy to score hot gals these days as much as in old days...

"smell the roses"

Atleast I still smell and puff hashish, not technically "roses" buy it does fu*k my time preception pretty bady.

:angry:

OK!!!

I think their for I am..........

The brain is an organ of the body your mind is the memory in your brain that prosess info.

No not like a PC though some do crash.

The most powerful tool in the univers if we learn to understand it and use it wisely.

always be open to every thing.With it we can travel thru time backward and some of us forward.

meditate on this.

Einstein never defined 'time' in his relativity theories, and he apparently overlooked this for expediency. However, he commented once that "there is no distinction between past, present and future." Brian Greene, one of the superstring theorists, says in his book, "Fabric of the Cosmos" that all events, past - present - future, could be perceived as being like scenes on a DVD. Each moment, which could be roughly described as a 3 second interval in the human consciousness, is like a scene from a DVD. The famous mathematician Kurt Godel used to theorize informally with Einstein on their daily walks that time was actually non-existent (similar to Einstein's comment mentioned earlier).

Thus, our human brains are wired in such a way that in order to have 'consciousness', we simultaneously perceive this feeling of 'time' flowing from past to future, a continuous flow of 'moments' in a one way direction.