Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chinese man eaten by zoo tiger

Owlscrying

A tiger has devoured a mentally ill man who entered the animal's zoo cage in northeast China.

Zhang Yachun disappeared from his home in Harbin on March 24 and five days later police told his parents he had been eaten by a tiger in a nearby zoo.

"Only two legs and his skull were left," the report said. Zhang's grieving parents said their 37-year-old son suffered mental illness and "especially loved tigers".

China has a poor record of keeping people away from dangerous zoo and circus animals. In February, a circus lion ripped a 10-year-old boy's arm off after grabbing him through the bars of its cage.

Last year, 16 government officials were sacked after a boy was eaten alive at a crocodile enclosure in southern China. And a zoo tiger attacked a 6-year-old girl waiting to have her picture taken with the animal, biting her head and killing her.

go

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

• theGhost_and_theDarkness

• crtDzyn

• grither

That's very sad. :unsure:

Why hasn't anything been done to help ensure the safety of the people (and animals)? That sort of thing can't keep continuing. :no:

Reportedly, the Tiger was hungry again 30 minutes later :lol:

Meow Purr

Meow Purr

I was going to say it, but I couldnt go there... :P

Meow Purr

I'll admit it! I laughed. *nods*

hmm you got to wonder just how many ppl need to get munched before they sit up and realise there is something very wrong going on

Animals should not be in zoos. A zoo should be only for helping the animals that are endangered. So if animals are in them they should have LOTS of space and NO public should be given admission. Animals are not for show.

linked-image

Chinese zoo show where cow is eaten alive by tigers.

source

It is a very different culture.

I'd say it's time to close the zoo......

linked-image

Chinese zoo show where cow is eaten alive by tigers.

source

It is a very different culture.

I find the way China treats their animals repulsive. Then again they are not the only country to do so but they one of the most brutal.

:no:

I feel bad for the man. Poor guy. He just loved tigers. Well, maybe it was a bit of a comfort for him to be eaten by his favorite animal. .. That sounds mean, but I don't mean it to be. . . I think if I had a choice between getting shot by some punk or mauled by a tiger, I'd rather be mauled. . . If a person kills you, its usually because of hate or anger, but if an animal kills you its because of food or defense of themselves or (in the case of a female) their babies. I'd rather know that I was food that the victim of hatred.

How many times is it going to happen before the safety standards are raised? It hurts me so much to think of how mistreated these animals often are, and how extremely exposed people are by going to see them.

Meow Purr

Yup, I laughed at that one... sorry :P

I heard the tiger has a new camera now too... :D

linked-image

I feel bad for the man. Poor guy. He just loved tigers. Well, maybe it was a bit of a comfort for him to be eaten by his favorite animal. .. That sounds mean, but I don't mean it to be. . . I think if I had a choice between getting shot by some punk or mauled by a tiger, I'd rather be mauled. . . If a person kills you, its usually because of hate or anger, but if an animal kills you its because of food or defense of themselves or (in the case of a female) their babies. I'd rather know that I was food that the victim of hatred.

How many times is it going to happen before the safety standards are raised? It hurts me so much to think of how mistreated these animals often are, and how extremely exposed people are by going to see them.

Ouch. I think I would take the bullet. Being devoured alive would have to be much more horrific and painful. :w00t:

Its clear that most zoos need to be looked at thouroughly for overlooked safety concerns. We had the one happen in the US at xmas.

On the other hand, there will always be people that mangage to overcome obstacles.

I feel bad for the man. Poor guy. He just loved tigers. Well, maybe it was a bit of a comfort for him to be eaten by his favorite animal. ..

:lol: lol

Wonder of the tiger had fried rice and a forture cookie

I feel bad for the man. Poor guy. He just loved tigers. Well, maybe it was a bit of a comfort for him to be eaten by his favorite animal. .. That sounds mean, but I don't mean it to be. . . I think if I had a choice between getting shot by some punk or mauled by a tiger, I'd rather be mauled. . .

Mmm, I would think it would be more like when there's a celebrity you love and have your walls covered with their posters, you go see all their movies, and you wear t-shirts with their face on it.(lol) Then, when you finally get the opportunity to meet him/her, they're a total dousche.

Poor guy probably felt so betrayed as he was being slowly and messily devoured... :unsure2:

I'm with Eric on this one, I'd prefer to be shot... :mellow:

I know. Lol. No one "gets" my preference. I'm just weird like that. I'd rather know that I died for a good reason (If the tiger was hungry!) than have died because some jerk wanted my money or just wanted to kill someone. Like I said. . .most people don't get it. :P I know it would hurt alot, but still. . .

I guess for the tiger it was ...... chow man instead of chow mein?

I like tigers too and my wife thinks I am crazy and we go to the zoo sometimes and I have yet to attempt to enter the cage.

Come on.

This was a tragic occurance. Not something I find appropriate to make jokes about. I peson lost his life.

My prayers for the family.

I feel no simpathy for these people. animals are ment to be free. Sure maybe in a sanctuary but not in a zoo.

Edited by Smeagol1

Come on.

This was a tragic occurance. Not something I find appropriate to make jokes about. I peson lost his life.

My prayers for the family.

Oh, spare me the lecture. Six billion people on the planet, an insane man commits suicide by tiger, and you take offense?

Oh, spare me the lecture. Six billion people on the planet, an insane man commits suicide by tiger, and you take offense?

It doesnt say he committed suicide... it said he was r******ed, was lost and this was what happened to him.

I am offended by cruel comments toward another living person.

how would you feel if your retar*ed family member had this happen to them?

Edited by WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

It doesnt say he committed suicide... it said he was r******ed, was lost and this was what happened to him.

I am offended by cruel comments toward another living person.

how would you feel if your retar*ed family member had this happen to them?

Who's to say I haven't? (I haven't.) I find a sense of humor to be an essential buffer, in this life and most any life I can envision.

If you've recently endured a loss, my sympathy. But if that's the case, you're being insensitive yourself. Otherwise, you're far too uptight.