Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

6 Teen Girls Arrested

She-ra

6 Teen Girls Arrested After Video Taping 'Beat Down' For Myspace

A cheerleader and her friends beat up a fellow student after seeing an alleged 'trash talking' MySpace post and they video the beating.

April 8th, 2008

A cheerleader and her friends in Lakeland, Florida beat up a fellow student after seeing an alleged 'trash talking' MySpace post.

The Polk County Sheriff's office have released the video of the teenager being beaten. According to Sheriff Grady Judd, the 16 year-old teen was beat unconscious in a bedroom and then later awoke on a couch in the living room to more beating and screaming. The fight happened on March 30th at 6124 West Calendar Court in Lakeland.

Reportedly, the cheerleaders were upset with the young girl after she posted alleged trash talking on her MySpace page, so they took it upon themselves to make a video beating her to place on MySpace and YouTube which is stated to be one of five beatings given to her. According to the victim's mother it was someone else who posted the message and they were made aware that someone had hacked into her MySpace account.

"It is disgusting that the attackers find it funny and want to post something on the Internet showing someone nearly beaten to death," stated the victim's mother.

Sheriff Judd called it one of the most disturbing videos he has seen in a long time and he hopes all those arrested will be tried as adults. The teens face charges ranging from felony battery, false imprisonment to kidnapping. The sheriff says the attackers "were relentless".

Judd says the teens showed no remorse after their arrests.

"When they were in a holding cell, they were all laughing," Judd stated. "One of the teens arrested, who is a cheerleader, asked, 'Does this mean I'm going to miss cheerleading practice tomorrow?' The others were cutting up and said, 'It looks like we won't be going to the beach this weekend.'"

During a statement Sheriff Judd commented on the tape in which the girl holding the camera stated, “There's only 17 seconds left. Make it good."

"That is animalistic behavior. It's pack mentality. They lured her there to beat her," added Sheriff Judd.

Source and Video

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Princess Serenity

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• louie

• aflac duck

How sad is this, unfortunately teenagers seem to be on a rampage lately...I'd like to see them use their smart remarks in court when they're on trial....

I hope the little b****s get a harsh punishment. I find calling them animals insulting to animals given they don't do this only humans do.

I'm a teenager and I feel sad that so many people my age are so violent. It's not right.

How sad is this, unfortunately teenagers seem to be on a rampage lately...I'd like to see them use their smart remarks in court when they're on trial....

Yeah.

I hope they bad for what they did! :angry: But I doubt that.

I hope the girl is going to be okay. :(

Ha! They'll miss more then the chearleader practice & the beach!

Edit:

BlueGuardian: I agree. I mean there's something seriously wrong with kids & teenagers today!

Edited by MoonPrincess

if that happened to me, i'd sue for every penny those girls have, then they wouldn't be able to afford to be on the cheerleading team ever again. rotten brats.

Edited by aflac duck

They should charge the stupid girls as adults, so it will stay on their record.

I guarantee they will all be charged, and all found guilty on some level. The girl that blocked the door and gave the beating...she's GONE. MAYBE she'll be released when she is 18, then on probation.

The civil lawsuit will be AWESOME. Every girl there at the time, especially the owner of the home, is screwed. If my son ever did something like that, he'd go to court...in a cast. I'd beat him myself. ;)

They should allow me to beat the sh** out of them. I'd feel good doing it. Would I hit a woman? Depends. In this case, you're damn right.

Edited by ShaunZero

Ok, I do some stupid crap and post it on youtube, but that's just r******ed. First off, that's just REALLY over reacting to something as stupid as someone "trash talking". . .and from what I remember of the cheerleaders when I was in school, they probably deserved it anyways. . . but to actually take stupidity a step further and VIDEO TAPE it? Did they not THINK that would lead to them being arrested or something? Or are they such spoiled brats that they think they can get out of it?

Edit: In the five seconds since I originally posted this I just got even angrier. I'd like to beat their @$$es and post it on youtube. . .I hope they do get tried as adults. They won't be laughing when they're in jail getting their butts kicked every day. Then their faces will need plenty of plastic surgery before they can show them at the beach again.

Edited by Sweetsalem82103

Salem, I reacted exactly how you did. When I saw this video on the news last night I was surprised how worked up I got over it. I know if this happened to a girl I knew I would be after the girls who did it to earn some charges of my own. I hope they aren't given any breaks when they start crying that "it was her idea, I was just there." Sounds like they're pretty spoiled and that's sure to follow.

Make an example out of these senseless teens who think they're the sh**. Such trash....

i saw the video- they beat the crap outta her!

they should be tried as adults, and put in real jail.... (watch out for your new cellmate "big bertha" girlies :whistle: )

You're FAT!

HA!.

(direct towards the skanks, not the girl who got beat up)

They will get theirs in future years when they eventually realize what a tag of 'violent felon' brings with it...

I predict a trailer park (after release from prison that is) in most all of those girls' future..

The teens, who range in age from 14 to 18, are charged with kidnapping and battery for the attack in Polk County, and face life in prison because of Thursday’s decision.
Will be charged as adults linky

I'm glad that they're going to be charged as adults. They should too.

I hope they learn a lesson out of this.

Probably not.

I'm glad they're being tried as adults.

Yeah, it's not so funny now, is it? I hope they go to prison. Act like that in prison, brats, you gonna get a far worse beating than you gave to that girl.

they showed how tuff these girls were on th news this morning all of them trying to run to their cars after making bail,all the parents trying to cover the faces of these poor girls saying there only kids,,haha how sad my parents would make me take that walk of shame by myself for embarassing the family...they are also charging the 2 boys that stood outside the door acting as a loookout,,,so it took 8 people to beat one small girl,,sad really.what happend to the days of a good ol'fashioned cat fight where the girls just ripped each others tops off at school..hahah those were the best