Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Owlscrying

Girl 'looks like alien' after using hair dye

34 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Emma_Acid
Vanity is punished again lol.....

What a stupid thing to say. If you were killed by a faulty appliance in your kitchen, I guess it would be acceptable with you for me to say "materialism is punished again lol...."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
WarpingD

This sounds like a bad doctor who plot @__@

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Regency
What a stupid thing to say. If you were killed by a faulty appliance in your kitchen, I guess it would be acceptable with you for me to say "materialism is punished again lol...."

if it was a toaster..... greedyism being punished.

These allergies can really do some harm though, I've never done the test and I assume that means I've used hair dye for years that I'm immune, isn't that the case?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Papaver
Is she sure she would have the same allergic reaction to all kiwi? Maybe that particular piece of fruit came from a crop that used a pesticide or other chemical, or maybe it was GM crops?

I have made enquiries with my mother in law to try to answer this. She has the reaction every time she handled Kiwi fruit and the reaction became more severe over several exposures culminating with the trip to hospital.

The part I got wrong in the description earlier is that she had irritations after handling the fruits several times before but nothing severe until it got really bad all of a sudden. Of course this does not rule out your theory that it may be caused by chemicals applied to the fruits but I think it more likely to be the fruit as organic fruits have the same effect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Papaver
I've never done the test and I assume that means I've used hair dye for years that I'm immune, isn't that the case?

No, in fact from my limited knowledge of allergies your chances of a reaction increase with repeated exposures because your immune system has to "know" a substance to produce the severe over reaction.

I believe it is true that a good example would be that a person who is allergic to wasp stings never show the reaction the first time they are ever stung. It is always on the second or even later exposures that the bad reaction occurs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Regency
No, in fact from my limited knowledge of allergies your chances of a reaction increase with repeated exposures because your immune system has to "know" a substance to produce the severe over reaction.

I believe it is true that a good example would be that a person who is allergic to wasp stings never show the reaction the first time they are ever stung. It is always on the second or even later exposures that the bad reaction occurs.

Thanks for that Papaver, I didn't realise that.

Reg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mademoiselle

Oh boy .. i really hope she will recover . :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tigger
It is possible to have an allergic reaction to something even if it's never caused you problems before. It can happen at any time. A few years ago my mother in law peeled a kiwi fruit for her Grandson, something she'd done literally dozens of times before with no reaction but last time she did it, her lips and eyelids swelled up and so did her tongue. She found it hard to breath and had to be taken to the hospital for treatment.

Now she cannot handle kiwi fruits at all. Weird things, allergies.

reactions take a while to build up.. they are slight at first, most ppl dont realise that they are infact allergic untill a full blown attack

i used to be allerigic to chocolate.. thank god i got over that, but am allergic to custard apples first and last time eating one my mouth and lips went tingly then numb.. just took a polaramine (anti-histimine) and sorted it out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jaguat

Why is a 13 yo experimenting with these chemicals without reading all of the warnings anyway? is she just stupid, or just vain?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.