Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

EVP Central

NoahJaymes

I am usually hesitant on posting my audio findings. However, the more I think about sharing, the more credible they can become. I honestly do not know why there isn't a section for this already, but I think it is a good idea. Please do not allow this thread for means of bashing, or rude remarks about an individuals evps. Some people are hesitant on sharing such things due to the harsh criticism they may receive. So, for those who have possible evps they want to display, please by all means...post away. There are a lot of tech savvy people on this site who can do things to audio that would blow your mind away. They can clear it up if you can't....so even if your audio sounds all distored, has clicks, etc, we can do our best to fix it without messing the quality up.

I am inbetween classes right now in the computer lab, so my recordings aren't with me. When I get home later today, I will post the ones I have....I expect nothing short of honesty. Till we meet again....

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoahJaymes

• Radian

• SS79

• AngelXVI

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea for a thread . I'm looking forward to listening to them all . :tu:

Maybe you guys could put down some tips as well on how to get the best out of your evps ie what not to do when recording like whispering etc etc and maybe how to upload them . lots have problems there .

So those who are new have a better idea of what can interfere with evidence . or mess up their evp thus wasting their time ,. be a shame for someone to have three hours worth of recordings , only too find that they have overlooked something simple and contaminated it . :)

SS79

Edited by SS79

Ok, i've got mine at home too, i'm in class right now in my Computer Programming class, but tonight after work i'll post the ones that i can post atm. On my EVP's though i listend to them and added words to what i think that they are saying, if you think though it's something totally different, let me know, dont be afraid i wont take it personal, thats just what i think.

Good idea SS...

I mainly tell my members a few simple rules or guidelines when conducting sessions.

1.) No whispering- this can cause numerous problems when reviewing audio. I tell them to talk in a clear calm voice.

2.) If at all possible, try to keep the recorder stationary. Set it down on a solid object and record that way.

3. Don't be constantly tossing the recorder from hand to hand or rubbing the sides of the recorder, especially around the mic area. Not only is it annoying during review, but you can pick up some pretty crazy false positives.

4.) When conducting an evp session, give enough time between questions to get feedback.

5.) While conducting an evp session, only one person ask a question at a time. Nobody else should be talking at all...this is to make sure the background is clear of anything....recorders are very sensitive.

6.) State who you are, who you are with, where you are, the date and time.....

just some of the guidelines I follow

I love EVPs. One of my favorite things regarding the paranormal.

This is going to be an interesting thread.. :tsu:

What is the best type of recorder to use when trying to get EVP's? Do you need a hand help microphone? I watch Ghosthunters quite a bit, but I can't tell what they are using. Any tips would be cool!!!!! :)

I love EVPs. One of my favorite things regarding the paranormal.

This is going to be an interesting thread.. :tsu:

LOL to me, they are the most frightening aspect of the paranormal..JN :passifier:

I suggest digital recorders. They can run anywhere from 29-145 bucks...can be found at Walmart, Radioshack, Circuit City, Best Buy, etc....

To get the best out of your recorders, you have to know the functions of the recorders. HQ, LP, and SP.

You can use external mics if you wish, but I wouldn't if I didn't have to.

Tape recorders I don't recommend due to the gears in the recorders themselves.

You have to be careful with the recorders you buy. Some have a usb option while others do not. If it does not, you will need a 3.5m stereo cable to upload the audio to the pc. For reviewing audio, I use Audacity and Adobe Audition.

If you use the 3.5m stereo cable, you will plug one male end into the ear part of the recorder and the other end into the mic part of your pc/laptop.

To upload, open whatever program, audacity is a free program which I suggest. Open the program, click record and press play on your recorder and let it upload.

Edited by CryWolf

Hey Wolf, I just listened again to two of your EVP's. WOW..Now on the 1st one, was a PI in there, as I hear a female talking. Second one, the disembodied voice says an entire sentence. I heard it say the word "something" then again I am not great at hearing these things. GOOD JOB!!!! :tu:

Well, I'm still looking forward to those evps.. crywolf!! ;)

JN,

Yes, a female investigator was the one recording and both recordings are the same, just one is slowed down.

I suggest digital recorders. They can run anywhere from 29-145 bucks...can be found at Walmart, Radioshack, Circuit City, Best Buy, etc....

To get the best out of your recorders, you have to know the functions of the recorders. HQ, LP, and SP.

You can use external mics if you wish, but I wouldn't if I didn't have to.

Tape recorders I don't recommend due to the gears in the recorders themselves.

You have to be careful with the recorders you buy. Some have a usb option while others do not. If it does not, you will need a 3.5m stereo cable to upload the audio to the pc. For reviewing audio, I use Audacity and Adobe Audition.

If you use the 3.5m stereo cable, you will plug one male end into the ear part of the recorder and the other end into the mic part of your pc/laptop.

To upload, open whatever program, audacity is a free program which I suggest. Open the program, click record and press play on your recorder and let it upload.

Good advice.

I actually use both kinds but we use an external mic with the analog recorder (tape recorder). Digital are the most economic, but there are those who argue that digital has other flaws such as it can be tampered with easier than analog. I think people trust what they can see more. When using analog, it can be documented through video recording and witnesses that a new tape was used for each recording and one side only was used. I think the naysayers like that aspect of it.

What are peoples' thoughts on "plant and retrieve" methods of recording (leaving recorder in one spot and picking it up after a time) or the 'question and pausing for answer' method. Has someone used both of these methods? Anyone have an opinion on what works better for them?

This one isn't to clear... but I think I can hear "What do you want". (FN1)

The other one sounds native indian!

Edited by AngelXVI

Good advice.

I actually use both kinds but we use an external mic with the analog recorder (tape recorder). Digital are the most economic, but there are those who argue that digital has other flaws such as it can be tampered with easier than analog. I think people trust what they can see more. When using analog, it can be documented through video recording and witnesses that a new tape was used for each recording and one side only was used. I think the naysayers like that aspect of it.

What are peoples' thoughts on "plant and retrieve" methods of recording (leaving recorder in one spot and picking it up after a time) or the 'question and pausing for answer' method. Has someone used both of these methods? Anyone have an opinion on what works better for them?

I actually use both the plant and retrieve and the question, pausing for answer methods. I have 5 digital recorders now along with wireless audio so I just plant 4 recorders throughout, carry one on me and ask questions the entire night. Its a lot of audio to evaluate, but its worth it...

People like to have cameras set up everywhere, I like to have both cameras and audio everywhere possible. Each time a person enters a room, they must say they are doing so for the sake of analyzing.

Again, stationary recording, no one present. fn5.mp3

Ok, again this is stationary, all the recordings from now on are in the same room that nobody was in the entire night.... I have tried so much to think of a logical explanation for this, obviously it's a voice, but I swear on everything it is nobody in my group. 3 different wave lengths if you will on the "evp" that is repeated...At first I am thinking, maybe it is skipping somewhat, but the wave lengths would be the same. fn8.mp3

Here is a screen shot to go along with it

linked-image

Here is another...

i can hear a female "here, here." no questions about that one...

Edited by Shankpin

Last but not least..... fn13.mp3

MM. I do think this is saying your name.. ??

edit to add:

I hear a female voice (your name ??) then few seconds later I hear another sound like moan, or whine..

Edited by Shankpin

Another, same room.....

fn10.mp3

fn11.mp3

Thats weird on fn10 I can hear a baby crying then I'll be right there...

On fn11 I can hear 'I'll be right in'

Edited by AngelXVI

Alright, this isn't an evp in my eyes...just some kind of interference I believe...something to look out for I guess...

fn12.mp3

Well, LOL, what kind of interference would do that at that time? I mean it's odd as heck.

*could* be a chair being moved across a floor surface I guess..