Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

EVP Central

NoahJaymes

:lol:

Well i give up with audacity to be honest . i imported from raw like it said then tried to upload that here to show you what came up but it said i wasn't authorised to upload that kinda file :(

Can you just not open Audacity then click file open and search for the file and open it?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoahJaymes

• Radian

• SS79

• AngelXVI

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you just not open Audacity then click file open and search for the file and open it?

well I tried that lol and it said it need to be imported with raw data tried that didn't work either . Ive just been to the other evp thread where crywolf gave instruction on how to upload using the record function in audacity . plugged in the dvr to the comp pressed record on audacity and play on the dvr it seems to have recorded it . minus any sound LOL . :blink:

Edit . its probably something simple i've missed . but i kinda promised my kid brother i'd help him out so i somehow have to figure this out . teach me to pretend i'know what i'm doing though i guess LOL

Edited by SS79

well I tried that lol and it said it need to be imported with raw data tried that didn't work either . Ive just been to the other evp thread where crywolf gave instruction on how to upload using the record function in audacity . plugged in the dvr to the comp pressed record on audacity and play on the dvr it seems to have recorded it . minus any sound LOL . :blink:

Why do you have to press play on your recorder? Does it not automatically download from your dvr...

Do you have the microphone option set on the program?

On audacity yes theres a lttle microphone symbol . Is that where you meant :innocent:

When you go to upload the audio from the recorder to the program, you have to press play on the recorder and press record on the program to be able to transfer to the pc.

On audacity yes theres a lttle microphone symbol . Is that where you meant :innocent:

Next to that symbol to the right of the max part of that...you see a drop down menu...make sure that is set to microphone.

When you go to upload the audio from the recorder to the program, you have to press play on the recorder and press record on the program to be able to transfer to the pc.

I did i think . does it matter in which order you press them LOL

LMAO one more time and i think i will leave it for tonight thanks guys for all your help though :tu:

Ok ill look at the microphone settings too . :)

Edited by SS79

Mine does it automatically when I plug the cable into the computer...

I did i think . does it matter in which order you press them LOL

LMAO one more time and i think i will leave it for tonight thanks guys for all your help though :tu:

Ok ill look at the microphone settings too . :)

It doesn't matter, but I press record and play...that way you don't miss out on any audio, and you can clip out the flatline.

It doesn't matter, but I press record and play...that way you don't miss out on any audio, and you can clip out the flatline.

Wow your way sounds so complicated.... I don't have to do all that!!! I just plug mine in and it downloads and then I just open it in Audacity and then edit if I want too... Mines woman friendly!!!

Wow your way sounds so complicated.... I don't have to do all that!!! I just plug mine in and it downloads and then I just open it in Audacity and then edit if I want too... Mines woman friendly!!!

This one does . its just that audacty isn't recognising it .

Ive tried everything with it now the mic's on . i pressed play record bla bla its recording but theres no sound so i'm not sure its picking it up from the device . I give up for today LOL .

Here is an idea...make sure your recorders volume is up lol, i will laugh my ass off if its down and thats the reason why it isn't having sound.

LOL . no i did finally get some sound on audacity by tweaking some buttons but still not what is on the device just static . nevermind . I will try again tommorrow when it isn't so late and i have more patience otherwise there wont be a device cause i will have flung it <_<

thanx again :)

Update . Well i lstened to the recording on audacity . finally cracked it after another half hour of tweaking and I think i figured it out . the recorder was probably only three feet away from me so I have a feeling that sound right at the end is my stomach growling LMAO :unsure2:

well just thought i'd let ya know .

Update . Well i lstened to the recording on audacity . finally cracked it after another half hour of tweaking and I think i figured it out . the recorder was probably only three feet away from me so I have a feeling that sound right at the end is my stomach growling LMAO :unsure2:

Haha well its good to see that you got it working :D

I just found a way to do it aswell, (i had the same problem about the RAW data in audacity). I solved it by opening the file with windows media player then saved the file type as WMA.

Then used Jodix free WMA to MP3 converter, it should open after that. Just thought i'd mention it for if anyone else had the problem :)

Edited by Dark entity

Hi . Any chance you guys can have a listen to this . this was a test run for a new recorder we got yesterday . i only switched it on for about ten seconds just to make sure all was fine with it and pretty much to see if it recorded at all .. house was quiet just me . not sure what this is i doubt very much its paranormal . as my house is fine (or at least i hope so LOL ) . you will hear all rustling thats me picking the recorder up or putting it down but right before that towards the end theres a noise that i cant figure what it is and since there is now a thread for this stuff. I thought id make use of it .

edit typos again

Sounded scratchy, but there was definitely something different there........

I hear a mumble of some sort in between the picking up noises..

Could be.....or your stomach growling lol.

It does sound like a stomach rumbling now you mention it... :wacko:

Lol, glad you got everything figured out. Psst....EAT SOMETHING! :P

:lol:

Yes angel its the only thing i can think of so i'm going with it . :)

Ill try to keep my stomach in check next time LOL.

Edited by SS79

Haha well its good to see that you got it working :D

I just found a way to do it aswell, (i had the same problem about the RAW data in audacity). I solved it by opening the file with windows media player then saved the file type as WMA.

Then used Jodix free WMA to MP3 converter, it should open after that. Just thought i'd mention it for if anyone else had the problem :)

Cool dark . I haven't totally figured it out yet still having some problems . I will try what you suggested thanks :tu:

That was one wicked stomach growl....almost the type if you are lactose and tolerant and you just drank a sh** load of milk.