Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

EVP Central

NoahJaymes

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoahJaymes

• Radian

• SS79

• AngelXVI

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing its all fine now . my eldest brother came round. he fixed it for me. he mumbled something about me being a dozy something or other, so I'm assuming it was simple human error on my part. thanx :)

SS, you should let your recorder run all night while you are asleep and review it and post us some of your clips of you snoring or something :P

SS, you should let your recorder run all night while you are asleep and review it and post us some of your clips of you snoring or something :P

ugh no, apparently I sleep talk so wouldn't want all of UM knowing my secrets :innocent:

I do have a question for you though if you don't mind . I know I'm a pain . The record is playing up now LOL . When I try to record it will only run for a few seconds and then stops recording and starts flashing . also the little that it is recording is now an ACT file rather than a WAV . so wont open on my computer when I attempt to listen . just comes up with the windows cant open this file box . why has the format changed . I haven't played around with any settings on it . just left it as it is . :hmm:

Are you sure its not an AIFF file?

Cant see AIFF anywhere . Act.file is what the properties of the file says so yeah :(

I have two classes tomorrow and should get back around 4pm my time. Once I get on If your problem isn't situationed I will troubleshoot as much as I can.

hey ummm... how do you get an evp?

whats the recorder program you use?

Edited by primordial

hey ummm... how do you get an evp?

whats the recorder program you use?

Take a tape or a digital voice recorder and let it record throughout or just ask questions. Simple questions....

I use audacity and adobe audition(expensive)

I hear what you are saying, or Get Help. Definitely something there, however hard to say what it is really based on not knowing who is all around and that sort of thing. Fascinating nontheless. Thanks for the link.

theres a strange (something) in the background...maybe a bird of some sort?

Troubleshooting Audacity:::

If you are having troubles using Audacity there can be various reasons behind this. First, make sure you are not running the program out of the .dmg file. This will cause permission problems and your program will not be fully functionable. Inside your app folder, create a folder "audacity", copy all the files in the dmg folder and paste them into the audacity folder. Once this is complete, try opening the program from the audacity folder and see if you still have troubles running the program.

In many cases, if you are running a Mac, the troubles are more common than not. Your input sources may not be selectable which may be causing some problems depending on how you are uploading your audio. OS X has a very different audio hardware interface to most other operating systems. As a result, there may be no (or greyed out) Mixer Toolbar, or only one audio recording source available to Audacity, which will be identified as "Default Source". You will need to click on the Mac hard disk, then on Applications > Utilities > Audio-MIDI Setup and select your required recording source (e.g. Line In) in the Audio Input section so that it becomes the source that Audacity will use.

Many (mostly higher-end) external Firewire Input/Output devices and some USB Input/Output devices won't work in 1.2.5/6. Try Audacity 1.3.x Beta instead which uses our later PortAudio v19 interface.

Additionally, it's necessary whatever version of Audacity you have to set up external sound devices such as USB and Firewire interfaces in Apple Audio-MIDI Setup as well as doing so in Audacity.

Techinically speaking, if you need support for audacity, please let me know if you are running a Mac or Windows. That way I can troubleshoot any error that you may or may not be having.

Do you have more of the clip so we can get a better idea of what is around the recording?

I will find the Bridal Falls footage in my library, Crywolf and upload it. I do not have the video in PC. The best footage uploaded that I have is the Bigfoot. I did have that feeling that something was watching us in the woods that day. I am planning to quad around the area this Summer or Spring

Looking forward to those...

Don't do like TAPS, ask the right questions.. :P

HAW!

LOL, We have wireless audio as well as 8 recorders throughout 10 hours of investigation time...yes thats right, 10 freaking hours 7-5am. Tons and tons of audio.

Woman's Voice - Class A

In this recording, we were in a Long Island Gold Coast Mansion. Me and another investigator were doing an EVP session in the Library Room of the mansion. No females were present. What makes this piece of audio unique is I heard this live in person. After you hear us calling out flash, you will clearly hear a woman's voice. I don't normally share my EVP's here, but I just recently submitted my work to the U.S. Copyright Office. :)

This is by far one of our team's best EVP. However, its technically not an EVP because I heard it live in person. I got to validate my experience and got lucky enough to capture it on my recorder. Not only did I get it on my recorder, but I also got it on my Hi8 Video Camera.

Let me know if the link works ok. I use Esnips.

I won't say what the spirit is saying. Its pretty clear...