Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ringing in Ears

hw74

3 hours ago, Coolie1988 said:

Maybe at some point we can find a definitive answer,

We do have an answer see below. There is no such thing as psychic powers. 

On 9/6/2016 at 4:26 PM, Emma_Acid said:

Plus - ringing in the ears = tinnitus. Don't pretend it's something it isn't.

• Like 2

On 9/6/2016 at 4:26 PM, Emma_Acid said:

Plus - ringing in the ears = tinnitus. Don't pretend it's something it isn't.

That's what's going on with me all the time.

• Like 1

And like other people said, maybe it's the soul's vibration. 

No, it's just tinnitus.  Get your ears checked out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Coolie1988 said:

Well I've had ringing in my right ear for many years, I can't say when it first started. However I've been to the doctor multiple times and my hearing is perfect and I don't have any ear problems whatsoever. 

The ringing is usually very high pitched but it will come in different tones. Because this question has been burning in my mind for a while, I decided to just take note as to when, where, and under what circumstances the ringing occurs.

Although there have been incidents where the ringing happens to me while in public, the majority of the time the ringing occurs while meditating or lying in bed in silence. It always occurs following a thought, usually a question or contemplation in my head. It seems to be a response to something, but I can't really explain that. I do, however, feel the presence of someone when it happens.

But it could very well be pressure caused by the thinking mind. It's not an imagined sound. The ringing is very real, and has always been only in my right ear, never my left. 

I always had the feeling though, that the ringing is a form of communication, and is a way to try and bring our attention to something. 

The "ear whistling" post was interesting, because I have noticed periodically that my dog responds to the ringing as if she can hear it. 

And like other people said, maybe it's the soul's vibration. 

I only recently saw this post, although it's old, but I wanted to give my experience because I've had this question for a long time and do believe it's something other than tinnitus or ear disease. In some cases, that may be all it is. 

Maybe at some point we can find a definitive answer, but I think going with your gut is always the "answer". It's possible we already know, but the conscious mind would never be able to. 

You may need to see a different doctor for a second opinion, as your symptoms can actually be related to Tinnitus

There is no form of Spirit communication or Soul vibrations related to "high pitched but it will come in different tones" sounds in a human ear.

5 hours ago, Coolie1988 said:

Well I've had ringing in my right ear for many years, I can't say when it first started. However I've been to the doctor multiple times and my hearing is perfect and I don't have any ear problems whatsoever. 

I'm sorry, but that's not right - if you report ringing in your ears NO doctor will say you have no ear problems.

Although there have been incidents where the ringing happens to me while in public, the majority of the time the ringing occurs while meditating or lying in bed in silence.

Yes, because then ambient noise levels are low, and it becomes more noticeable.  For most people, the problem varies erratically.

It always occurs following a thought, usually a question or contemplation in my head. It seems to be a response to something, but I can't really explain that. I do, however, feel the presence of someone when it happens.

I can't explain that either, but then most people are thinking continually, so that fact it happens after a thought is hardly surprising..

But it could very well be pressure caused by the thinking mind. It's not an imagined sound. The ringing is very real, and has always been only in my right ear, never my left.

Same here - yes, I have it.  It can be related to blood pressure and is generally believed to be faulty 'misfiring' nerves/sound reception cells in the cochlea.  It ca be caused by or related to many, many things, including exposure to very loud noises, diabetes/blood pressure problems, otosclerosis.. even some medicines may cause it as a side effect. 

... I have noticed periodically that my dog responds to the ringing as if she can hear it.

I'm fascinated by that claim - how would you tell it was the dog responding, given it tends to be a rather constant sound when it occurs?  Is it possible that you are showing concern on your face and she responds to *that*?

I only recently saw this post, although it's old, but I wanted to give my experience because I've had this question for a long time and do believe it's something other than tinnitus or ear disease. In some cases, that may be all it is.

Well, I've seen no documented evidence of anything unexplained by known medical and psychological issues.  Anecdotes and vague ideas don't really cut it, but I'll concede that given it is not currently something we can medically 'detect' ie the sufferer is the only one who hears it, we have to go by reports/anecdotes..

• Like 1

That's funny, I don't remember asking a question but only offering speculation based on my experience. 

I also don't recall claiming this was some kind of "psychic power"s either, but do remember saying that "I've been to the doctor multiple times." Maybe I should clarify by saying multiple doctors instead. Come to think of it, I'm not sure anyone posting actual experiences has claimed "psychic powers" at all...

It also hasn't been disproven either that the ringing could be the result of something other than Tinnitus or other ear diseases. 

Ha, silly me...for some reason I thought this was an open discussion on metaphysical topics rather than a medical diagnosis forum. 

I did happen to read the previous responses before posting, but I suppose it isn't obvious that the "answer" provided doesn't close this topic for me. It's ok, I know you guys were just trying to help. So I really appreciate the same answers being repeated again, this totally wasn't a waste of time

Sorry ChrlZs, did you ask me a question? Weird, because it sounds to me like you think you know everything...lol

Tinnitus has a variety of causes, exposure to industrial noise, various disease conditions, I'd be pretty surprised it was some kind of vibration of the soul. Very annoying for some, i have it to some extent, but it does not really bother me. 

• Like 1

I also don't recall claiming this was some kind of "psychic power"s either

Why did you post it in this section?

Ha, silly me...for some reason I thought this was an open discussion on metaphysical topics rather than a medical diagnosis forum. 

Right, but if the conclusion is obviously medical, why would you expect anything else?

This does seem to be a typical "true believer" approach, that they get annoyed when people don't post the sort of responses that agree with their pre-formed conclusions.

• Like 2

well, just my thought, ive read that the ringing might be related to time lines shifting, every time your hear the ringing you moving into a different timeline or time lines Merging, ever heard of the mandela effect?

7 hours ago, Coolie1988 said:

That's funny, I don't remember asking a question but only offering speculation based on my experience. 

I also don't recall claiming this was some kind of "psychic power"s either, but do remember saying that "I've been to the doctor multiple times." Maybe I should clarify by saying multiple doctors instead. Come to think of it, I'm not sure anyone posting actual experiences has claimed "psychic powers" at all...

You posted this:

"And like other people said, maybe it's the soul's vibration"

Of course, that's not psychic powers, but it is just as silly.

7 hours ago, Coolie1988 said:

It also hasn't been disproven either that the ringing could be the result of something other than Tinnitus or other ear diseases. 

Tinnitus is the ringing of the ear.  Caused by other factors.  If you have tinnitus, something is wrong with your ear or other functions of your body that would affect your hearing.  Don't throw around the word "disproven" until you've actually dis-proven something.

It is, you're not being very open-minded about it.  Tinnitus has nothing to do with the metaphysical.  And you're right, this isn't a medical diagnosis forum.  Your tinnitus is a medical problem.  Think about that.

I did happen to read the previous responses before posting, but I suppose it isn't obvious that the "answer" provided doesn't close this topic for me. It's ok, I know you guys were just trying to help. So I really appreciate the same answers being repeated again, this totally wasn't a waste of time

Sorry ChrlZs, did you ask me a question? Weird, because it sounds to me like you think you know everything...lol

You're upset with him just because ChrlZs gives you a good answer to your problem and you didn't like it?  Don't do that, so many new posters here adopt that attitude.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dees007 said:

well, just my thought, ive read that the ringing might be related to time lines shifting, every time your hear the ringing you moving into a different timeline or time lines Merging, ever heard of the mandela effect?

Where did you read that specifically?

Tinnitus is a medical problem.  Not goofy timeline merging, not ley lines, not soul ringing, not psychic powers, not alternate memories, not ghosts singing....just plain old-fashioned problems with one's hearing.

• Like 1

Coolie, I have a very simple response to your waffling - and it is simply this:

CITE where I used the term 'psychic powers'....

I didn't use that term at all, and you simply made that quote up.  That's plainly deceitful, or at best just an example of how you just make sh stuff up and then get angry...  Added to the fact that you carefully avoided many quite simple and polite questions, it seems that you are trolling and not here to debate.  So the responses to your post are what you deserve.  If you want to be taken seriously here, I'd suggest you don't make up false quotes, and you actually address what people write, rather than what you fantasise in your head.

Until that day... Bye.

9 hours ago, Dees007 said:

frabz-what-in-the-hell-is-the-world-comi