Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Meet a real fat cat: The two stone ginger

chemical-licker

Meet a real fat cat: The two stone ginger moggie called Orazi

He is the cat that got the cream, the cake and the biscuits.

This ginger moggie is officially one of the fattest cats around.

Weighing a hefty 25lb (11kg) - the same as a two-year-old child - the Italian tom, named Orazi, is sickeningly overweight.

Scroll down for more ...

linked-imageHeavyweight: Orazi's girth is almost as wide as Laura Santarelli's, his owner

However, it is not clear whether there is something medically abnormal with Orazi, making him an extremely large cat, or whether he is simply being overfed. The green-eyed fat cat - which resembles the cartoon character Garfield - lives in Eupilio, Italy, with its owner Laura Santarelli.

Held up in her arms, he reaches from her shoulder to her thighs, while his belly is almost as wide as hers.

Orazi is so big that he cannot even get his head through a cat-flap, let alone the rest of his body.

Scroll down for more ...

linked-imageContented cat: Vets aren't sure if Orazi's obesity is caused by overfeeding or a medical condition

Despite his extraordinary size, however, it seems Orazi is just one of many overweight pets. Last month, a report by animal charity PDSA revealed that nearly two million dogs in Britain - one in three - are overweight.

This is a nine per cent rise than the year before.

Many of these obese animals suffer from heart disease, breathing difficulties, diabetes and arthritis - similar effects to those seen in overweight humans.

Scroll down for more ...

linked-imageBig boy: He can't even get his head through the cat-flap, let alone the rest of his body

The north-west of England was found to have the worst problem, with 31 per cent of dogs classed as overweight. It was followed closely by the Midlands at 29 per cent. Although Orazi is a huge cat, he is not the record breaker.

In 2004 a British cat called Sam tipped the scales at 36lb (16.3kg).

Sam ballooned in weight after his elderly owner fed him crisps, cakes and sweets and deprived him of exercise.

Guinness World Records stopped listing fattest pets after concerns that some owners were force-feeding their pets to try and get them into the book.

The fattest cat ever recorded came from Minnesota and weighed 41lb (18.5kg).

:o huge puddy cat

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chemical-licker

• Asphodel

• theGhost_and_theDarkness

• Bloody Fersaken

Those are big cats. Looking at them, makes Reily (our cat) look stinky!

O_o;

hehe- wow....

(he does look like garfield :lol: )

LOL..plus he's and Italian cat and Garfield used to love lasagna.... :)

LOL..plus he's and Italian cat and Garfield used to love lasagna.... :)

:w00t: oh yeah :lol:

linked-imageContented cat: Vets aren't sure if Orazi's obesity is caused by overfeeding or a medical condition

:D He doesn't look 'contented' really....more annoyed and moody!

* Votes that he be immediately given a place on a petrochemical company's board of Directors, so that he can become a Fat Cat of Industry *

That is one big kitty. Hate for him to walk on me at night like mine does

It only weighs 25 lbs? I have a siamese that weighs 30, and he doesn't look that fat at all. . .He's just a really big cat, not really too fat. I would have thought that cat was at least 35! Hey, does that mean I can get my siamese, Simba, on the news? :innocent:

It only weighs 25 lbs? I have a siamese that weighs 30, and he doesn't look that fat at all. . .He's just a really big cat, not really too fat. I would have thought that cat was at least 35! Hey, does that mean I can get my siamese, Simba, on the news? :innocent:

take a picture of it and post it here ;)

Woah.

Thats one big cat.

It's almost sad to look at it.

But he looks happy at least. =/

Edited by Bloody Fersaken

I have a huge white short hair cat named Gabriel. He's 20 pounds, but he's pretty much solid muscle except for his belly. He's really skittish and tends to actually overeat when he is stressed out. He's 5 now, but I took him in when he was a very small scrawny kitten.

while the cat is big in stature.. in weight terms, he is grossly obese.. the cat has no 'waist' it is disgusting that ppl do this to their animals. killing them with kindness

while the cat is big in stature.. in weight terms, he is grossly obese.. the cat has no 'waist' it is disgusting that ppl do this to their animals. killing them with kindness

I agree. It's absolutely sickening. There was a show on Animal Planet a few weeks ago about obese pets. A woman with a morbidly obese dog took him to the vet and was told that he didn't have long to live if she didn't stop over feeding him. So, what did the lady do when she got home? She gave him his own cake. Brilliant. :o It was one of those moments where you just want to hop through the TV and slap someone around. Poor doggy.

I'm glad i'm not a little mouse in their house !!!! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

That's the house where you'd wanna be. That little fatty would probably pass out after it's first step.