Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection theory?

DfizzleShizzle

I have been tryin to project, but I black out durin exit, or, I get out, but the exit isn't forceful enough, to make me relaize I'm out...I just sit in ym bed, thinkin I'm awake still...Not even realizing I had exited...

Well, I know, that Astral Projection, is often regarded as one of the bodies natrual defense mechanisms...I have read numerous reports where people, who are very stressed, or have alot of problems, those problems could be either phsyical pain(Such as broken bones, illness,etc...) Or it oculd be mental(Stress, anger, etc..) some people who have these symptoms, will just randomly project...And, alot of people think the reason this happens is cause the body does it to get away from all the troubles that they have in the physical...Or, how people who are undergoing surgery, that could kill them, will project...So, last night, I was thinking about this...And, I thought, what if you attacked yourself? Like, one method of psychic attacks (One of the methods that doesn't sound like a cheap anime attack...) Is called an overload attack..Where you crash you're opponents systems, by shoving to much psi into it, than it can handle...There are other methods I bet, but psychic attacks are a very wierd topic...On one hand, alot of methods seem like they are made up (Like the "Psi blast!") on the other hand, its a very controversial topic..Many people dont promote usin psychic abilites for offense..But, since AP may be a possible defense mechanism for you're body...What, if I did an overload attack on myself? Like, I would shove tons and tons of psi into me body, to the point where it crashes all my chakras for a little bit..If I did this, is it possible, I could make it easier for myself to project..By putting myself in a situation where I need to get away, wouldn't it be easier to project? Like, I do the overload attack, then do my AP stuff, but I trick myself into believing there is a true danger present? I want to try this...Do any of the AP'rs here think its possible...

I could also, do the overload attack on meself, but this time, I could make the psi explode kind of, so maybe it would knock my astral body out of my physical? Or, I could gather alot quickly, then make it exit really fast, from all points of my body, knocking me out?

I just think evoking a situation, that you need to escape from would be an easy way to AP....I think it could harm me possibly, but, I'll try to keep that from happening..But, does anyone think these techniques will work? And, does anyone have any alternate techniques, that are diffrent from traditional AP techniques I could try?

Please, dont trun this into a "AP is just a lucid dream!" topic..I know that the possibility exist that it is just a lucid dream...But, even if it is, I still wanna try...Please stick to the topic...

One more thing...

What, if I aimed an attack at my root, and crown chakras? That would prolly cause the most danger, giving me the best situation to AP...I mean, I know I can hurt myself doin this..But, my plan is to just create the "illusion" that I'm bein attacked? Not to harm myself...If I just start to overload my systems, my body should go into panic, and get me away from the problem...

But, just put you're opinions here, and thanks!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DfizzleShizzle

• Lightning88

• Rosewin

• drakonwick

one method of psychic attacks (One of the methods that doesn't sound like a cheap anime attack...) Is called an overload attack..Where you crash you're opponents systems, by shoving to much psi into it, than it can handle...There are other methods I bet, but psychic attacks are a very wierd topic...

It doesn't sound too farfetched (wow, never had to type that word before) to me. I mean, if your mind can overload from information, causing a slight shutdown and weakening of your neural systems, and psi is a way of immediately transferring information and signals from mind to mind, you could probably overload your own systems if you could use your abilities in a way that would cause mass neural impulses and an overload of signals. As far as its effect on AP, im not sure, but it's worth a try! Just be sure that if you're bombarding yourself like that, know your limits and don't push it. I hope you are successful in your attempts!

Heart, have you read any books on the topic?

Check out Astral Dynamics if you haven't,

a lot of great tips for projection.

Heart, have you read any books on the topic?

Check out Astral Dynamics if you haven't,

a lot of great tips for projection.

I ahev read tons on it..I already said that....I have tried tons of methods..I am lookin at methods that have never been tried before, in attempts of finding a better way...

I have been tryin to project, but I black out durin exit, or, I get out, but the exit isn't forceful enough, to make me relaize I'm out...I just sit in ym bed, thinkin I'm awake still...Not even realizing I had exited...

Well, I know, that Astral Projection, is often regarded as one of the bodies natrual defense mechanisms...I have read numerous reports where people, who are very stressed, or have alot of problems, those problems could be either phsyical pain(Such as broken bones, illness,etc...) Or it oculd be mental(Stress, anger, etc..) some people who have these symptoms, will just randomly project...And, alot of people think the reason this happens is cause the body does it to get away from all the troubles that they have in the physical...Or, how people who are undergoing surgery, that could kill them, will project...So, last night, I was thinking about this...And, I thought, what if you attacked yourself? Like, one method of psychic attacks (One of the methods that doesn't sound like a cheap anime attack...) Is called an overload attack..Where you crash you're opponents systems, by shoving to much psi into it, than it can handle...There are other methods I bet, but psychic attacks are a very wierd topic...On one hand, alot of methods seem like they are made up (Like the "Psi blast!") on the other hand, its a very controversial topic..Many people dont promote usin psychic abilites for offense..But, since AP may be a possible defense mechanism for you're body...What, if I did an overload attack on myself? Like, I would shove tons and tons of psi into me body, to the point where it crashes all my chakras for a little bit..If I did this, is it possible, I could make it easier for myself to project..By putting myself in a situation where I need to get away, wouldn't it be easier to project? Like, I do the overload attack, then do my AP stuff, but I trick myself into believing there is a true danger present? I want to try this...Do any of the AP'rs here think its possible...

I could also, do the overload attack on meself, but this time, I could make the psi explode kind of, so maybe it would knock my astral body out of my physical? Or, I could gather alot quickly, then make it exit really fast, from all points of my body, knocking me out?

I just think evoking a situation, that you need to escape from would be an easy way to AP....I think it could harm me possibly, but, I'll try to keep that from happening..But, does anyone think these techniques will work? And, does anyone have any alternate techniques, that are diffrent from traditional AP techniques I could try?

Please, dont trun this into a "AP is just a lucid dream!" topic..I know that the possibility exist that it is just a lucid dream...But, even if it is, I still wanna try...Please stick to the topic...

One more thing...

What, if I aimed an attack at my root, and crown chakras? That would prolly cause the most danger, giving me the best situation to AP...I mean, I know I can hurt myself doin this..But, my plan is to just create the "illusion" that I'm bein attacked? Not to harm myself...If I just start to overload my systems, my body should go into panic, and get me away from the problem...

But, just put you're opinions here, and thanks!

Astral Projecting shouldn't be so hard. I think you are trying too hard.

"Overloading yourself with Psi energy"??? I think you want this too much. Maybe you should try Archimedes way of doing things, make a warm, steaming bubble bath and just relax. Take a breather. Calm down.

No spiritual thing has happened well with forcefulness and want. Instead just wait for it to come to you. And if it does not, thats just the way things are playing out and thats what has been chosen for you.

I don't have any other suggestions for you. Drug's maybe? Not that I'm promoting them, but some like Dimethyltryptamine have been proven to induce "AP-like" symptoms with no side harmful side-effects except a rise in blood pressure and body temperature.

But anyway, I've never done this, but if it doesn't come to you then that should be your last option. I don't know what else to say. I'm not "that" experienced, I still believe that it is most likely lucid dreaming, but I don't know. I don't personally enjoy it because it ruins my sleep and makes me think too much when I'm sleeping leaving me exhaustedly in the morning.

Anyway, GL to you.

Sincerely,

llynx

Yea U bever actually tried this..I decided to jus stay still, and not move when I was goin to bed, and jus try and think about thigns to keep me conscious...I was able to induce the vibrations...But, I had chose the dumbest position..Cause I accidently left me hand under me nose, and above me lip...So once the vibrations started, it started tickling me nose and lip...So I had to stop...lol

The ability to astral project is not grounded in a strong will to project or in forceful methods to enter the astral but rather in meditation techniques which are calm and collective.

Edited by Clovis

I wouldn't try that tbh, if it does go wrong it could really hurt you and worsen your chances of AP or any psychic...ness? Plus, i don't think it would work anyway because it would make you get excited and stuff and you'll get all tense and won't be relaxed enough to actually exit. and to Mahtu's post...I have never wrote farfetched either...now i have...i also haven't wrote poopdeck...yay!

Angel x

I don't have any other suggestions for you. Drug's maybe? Not that I'm promoting them, but some like Dimethyltryptamine have been proven to induce "AP-like" symptoms with no side harmful side-effects except a rise in blood pressure and body temperatur

actualy,from what ive been told people on drugs have a hard time projecting.because your mind is not clear enough.im not being snotty but are you on rugs op? such as pot or anything else? if so lay off for a couple days and it should help.

No...I'm not on drugs man...I just black out durin exit though...

If it is more than likely that you are dreaming, how can you be for sure that you actually black out?

If it is more than likely that you are dreaming, how can you be for sure that you actually black out?

i wasnt trying to be nasty,just wondering. and i dont think its a good idea to go on drugs,you probly wouldnt be able to astral at all.try thinking of your body,and you should be out faster.

The danger of overloading your body with psi power can be a fine line between knowing that all that power is actually generated from you and all that power coming from outside sources because you have opened a doorway. Beware of quests for power for while it might do your bidding for a time or two it can backfire and in turn make attempt to control.

Well, I know, that Astral Projection, is often regarded as one of the bodies natrual defense mechanisms...I have read numerous reports where people, who are very stressed, or have alot of problems, those problems could be either phsyical pain(Such as broken bones, illness,etc...) Or it oculd be mental(Stress, anger, etc..) some people who have these symptoms, will just randomly project...And, alot of people think the reason this happens is cause the body does it to get away from all the troubles that they have in the physical...

When highly anxious, some people will experience a state known as 'dissociation', which can include sensations such as 'being outside one's body', or being 'divorced from reality'. Generally, the dissociative state is the result of extreme anxiety and can be regarded as a 'defence mechanism' of sorts. People tend to report that the dissociative state is not a pleasant one to be in; that it is often chronic, in that it can linger and keep returning at unwanted times; and that many of the other accomanying aspects, such as flattened emotional responses, can be problematic for many reasons. It's unlikely that you could elicit in yourself the necessary level of distress, and quite honestly I doubt you'd want that to happen anyway. Full-blown OBEs are also rarely (possibly never, but I don't know) reported as a part of this state, which is really more of an unwanted shift of perspective than an astral flight. Dissociation as a result of stress is not going to be a good way to induce OBEs, regardless of whether the target state is 'real' or not.

Whilst I'm not a believer in the physical reality of AP, I'm happy to talk about it hypothetically, as above; but I have a bit of trouble with the rest of your post. You seem to be basing your view of (shall we say) 'astral mechanics' on a hugely unlikely and very concrete computer hardware analogy - you seem to describe a 'denial of service' attack on yourself, based on overloading your root and crown ports, crashing your DNS root server. But people are not computers, and whilst it's always tempting to use computer hardware metaphors for our own neuronal wetware, the fact is that analogies are only good for communicating established models, not for reasoning new ones. If there is anything at all to this psi lark, you can be sure that if you want to attempt to understand it or even further knowledge around it, then much more abstract thought is required to get anywhere. Try picking up a book on, say, philosophy of mind (for instance, Gilbert Ryle's book The Concept of Mind), and noticing the way they discuss things - it's not going to address your exact questions, but I suspect you might find a vocabulary to talk about the subject without resorting to overly concrete analogies.

Hope that doesn't sound too sniffy, I thought it was an interesting topic.

I do not think that attacking yourself will do you any good, I havnt had much luck either in it, but attacking yourself doesnt sound like the right way to be going about it, sure its original, but I dont think it will have good effects even if it did work.

I know I blackout, because I am very conscious durin the exit phase...And I just suddenly pass out....It really sucks...I'm still tryin to get over it...By usin excercises that will make me more aware...

I know I blackout, because I am very conscious durin the exit phase...And I just suddenly pass out....It really sucks...I'm still tryin to get over it...By usin excercises that will make me more aware...

try picturing your body on exit,let us know if that helps.