Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What about this...

norwood1026

when historians accept anything as factual or possible there is a criteria of contexual credibility they adhere to... something can't be considered as historically accurate if it can't be situated in what we 'do know' about the first century judiasm palestine, if historians can't locate something in this period it can't be excepted as accurate it has to make sense in the context it is claiming to come from......in the case of jesus that is why the gospels are not considered valid by historians......

Can someone please translate this for me LMAO :lol: what has that got to do with christians looking Jesus to prove himself??...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• Link of Hyrule

• EmpressV

• Sherapy

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been said, but I agree that if Jesus would return there are many people who Jesus would be horrified to meet in person - Jesus' teachings have indeed been perverted and turned to hate and evil. But on a personal level, what strikes me is that it is these people who preach hate that become the so-called "voice" of Christianity - that even though they may only represent a percentage of Christians around the globe, they become the stylised view that non-Christians have about Christians.

And that, I think, Jesus would find saddest of all!

~ Regards, PA

Great post. :tu:

What Church do you go to (or have observed) that would do this????? A bum homeless person walked into our Church service a couple of months back. We gave him lunch and details of where to get some clean clothes and accomodation, and welcomed him back any time he wanted (strangely enough, despite the lure of free lunch, he never came back).

Perhaps things are different elsewhere, but those who are "bums" (not a very positive word, that is - I'm sure there's something more appropriate than that) are who Jesus came to minister to.

I have never seen a single person at my church (or at any other church I have visited) be asked to leave, not for any reason.........

~ Regards, PA

It was Jesus checking up on you guy to see what you would do. :tu:

Can someone please translate this for me LMAO :lol: what has that got to do with christians looking Jesus to prove himself??...

Geri, it means that jesus hasn't even been found to be a real person and why ......so, .the point is moot... :D