Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sho_Sho

I was speaking with a friend the other day that has been going through some really hard times these days. Every time she turns around something bad is happening to her. Its all things that are completely out of her control that are happening.

We got to talking about Karma, and she said maybe its coming back to get her for something she did?

That got me wondering if it’s real? If good and bad can really come back to you through Karma. I use to believe in Karma but have lost faith in it myself. I have seen too many bad people thrive in life and people, who are good, never seem to get a hand up from Karma.

Does anyone have any examples about Karma, and how it helped or hurt you

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• darkbreed

• Lightning88

• bleedingelite

• poopr-man

I believe Karma is real.I notice in my life everytime I do something nice for someone -it comes back to me in some way. Also whenever I spend my last penny on someone I get money in the mail or something. I love it. Try it for a week.

Karma in the true sense of the word is not about punishment but a way of maintaining balance. The law of Karma is "cause and effect". Your every action [deed] has an equal reaction. At least that's my understanding of it

karma is quite real.

slap some one in the face and chances are they'll slap you back.

and if they dont everyone else will see that it levels out.

the reverse is also true.

Been alive for nearly half a century,and have always believed in karma.but it is hard to explain,What goes around comes around.Most of my life when I was a child to my teens I was troubled with alot of stuff,and found that when I did wrong and thought I had gotten away with something bad it would allway come back and bite me in the a$$,it wasnt thatsomeone told or found out it just came back around and hurt me twice as bad,when I did good deeds it too came back twice fold.I know this sounds strange but heres an example :I saw this guy stranded on our streets in his car and I also noticed that he had out of state plates and lets just say that where he was stranded it was a very dangerous place to be in this one certain neighborhood being that all the car jackings and killings that take place there,he had Two flat tires and noone was helping this elderly man.I also noticed that he had his windows rolled up and the car was still running for it was a very hot day being were in Texas in the middle of JULY,He looked scared and was crying.I being the person I am went out to talk to this man.He told me that he had just been robed and that they took his wallet and all his cash and cell phone,He discribed the assailents and to my amazment he discribed some people that I knew and had trouble with in the past.,they had also stabed his tires so he could not get away.I told him to keep his door locked while I went to call the police but before I could the assailents came back and started to torment this man,luckly I was there and when they saw me they got really scared and lost focus on the old man I told those punks that if they wanted to survive the night they had better give back all the stuff they had taken from him,those guys were very scared of me because they knew that I wasnt bull sh ting with them and they knew that I wouldnt hesetate to bury anyone of them,they gave back all his cash his wallet and his cell phone on the spot"DIDNT mention that my boys were all holding guns"they also had to go and buy this man two new tires .after the old man left is when the police showed up,never got that old mans name.Two week later I was in Oaklahoma on a fishing trip when I had car trouble in a remote spot far away from anyone and any place I was stuck for about 6 hours and along came this white long car and parked next to me while I was under the car all I could see was this guys shoes and a voice I heard before but was unable to put a face to the voice,he said "MY ranch is only 5 or 6 miles from here and I send you some help I said thank you and by the time I crawled out from under the car he was driving away,about 15 minutes later this young man came and said" My father wants me to help you"and he did just that and when we had fixed the car he invited me back to his ranch to eat.well when I arrived i sat on this big old porch with a view of this private lake and it was beautifull,well as I sat the this old lady brought me some lemonade while I waited for the owner to come out to greet me ,I wanted to thank this man for all the help he had given me,I heard a bunch of comotion going on insideof the house and thought I saw someone looking at me throught the window ,when the young guy came back out he gave me a big hug to my amazenent and so did the old lady with tears in her eyes,when the old timer came out it was the old man that I had helped.they were so thankfull and thats when the old man said "GOD knows you.you had protected me and in turn he lead me to help you'its a small world and what goes around comes around,to this day I still go see him and he lets me fish on his land when ever I want ,he is a GREAT MAN.I do strongly believe in "WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND. :)

I was speaking with a friend the other day that has been going through some really hard times these days. Every time she turns around something bad is happening to her. Its all things that are completely out of her control that are happening.

We got to talking about Karma, and she said maybe its coming back to get her for something she did?

That got me wondering if it’s real? If good and bad can really come back to you through Karma. I use to believe in Karma but have lost faith in it myself. I have seen too many bad people thrive in life and people, who are good, never seem to get a hand up from Karma.

I definitely believe in Karma and balancing ones heart and Life, and how we affect the hearts of others around us, I know we are fallible as humans but the right thing is to relies our mistakes and make all of it right if we possibly can, as bring ones heart back into balance one again will be a causing of the bad karma effected and changed to neutral or as Good Karma do to bring ones heart and thoughts within our life back into a balance of harmony…As for the Good Karma it is as I see it, Love Agape and respect of heart. The negative Karma affects those we come into contact with as thus does the good karma of one's heart…and heart action choices I am not sure if that is the Karma of the Buitist Hindus but it is how I see karma…Peace and Good Karma to you.

Thanks...Pavot

Edited by Pavot

I completely believe in karma. And yes, karma can be a b@#$%.

A couple years ago I found out that a good friend of mine from back home (I was living in Kansas at the time, but home was Nebraska) had just broken up with his girlfriend. She had moved from Pennsylvania to be with him and when he left her she pretty much just stayed with some friends she had made in the year she'd lived there with him. I never got to know her that well, but after talking to her for a little while she seemed like a pretty good person to be with. Needless to say we got together and I had a very good few months with her. Well the people she was living with felt she should move on with her life and suggested that since we were so good together that I find a place for her with me in Kansas. So I talked it over with her and with a guy I worked with and made an arrangement to be roommates on an apartment since none of us could afford one by ourselves. I was just about the happiest guy alive since this would be the first girlfriend in almost 5 years that would actually live near me.

3 days after we moved into his apartment (He had just gotten a divorce and needed help to pay rent) I wake up out of a dead sleep with the feeling of something being wrong. I went into the living room to find his head in her lap with her playing with his hair. I didn't know it at the time, but had I came in just 10 minutes sooner, I would have seen something far more shocking. The weekend before she moved down I took him up to meet her in Nebraska and apparently they started talking to each other over the phone right away. There was nothing wrong with my relationship with her. For whatever reason she decided she would rather try a relationship with someone she had just met than with someone who she's heard from everyone who knows me, that I'm a great person.

Needless to say I was crushed. But I didn't get nearly as mad as everyone thought I would. I even gave her the opportunity to redeem herself. She then proceeded to manipulate me in an attempt to get me to drive her back to Pennsylvania. About a week later I gave up on her for good. And that was when karma struck her. She wound up pregnant with his child. He turned out to be an abusive, over-protective boyfriend. I had no idea he'd be like that. But I guess that was his way of dealing with his cheating ex-wife. (I actually became fairly good friends with his ex after this :P)

Shortly after I broke up with her, I met my wife. She has got to be the absolute greatest thing to happen to me. She takes care of me like none other :P And I won't take any day with her for granted.

I feel that that was the good karma of not going nuts and beating the crap out of my ex or the guy who decided to cheat on me (with me in the next room no less!)

So yeah, I really feel that karma is quite real.

-C

Karma is actually a hindu idea that says that if you are good in your life you will be reborn into a highier cast in the next. It annoys me a bit that TV, with shows like "My Name is Earl" (which I love btw) has turned karma into the concept of the good you do returning to you in the present life. My point is that I don't think it should be called karma because karma doesnt occur within the lenght of one lifetime. However I do believe that doing good will bring you good. Well anyways the whole point of the post is to educate about the true meaning of the word. :D

From my experience Karma is in the Now, meaning that what you do now will give you the consequences now, in other words, live a good life and good things come back at ya, and live a bad one and bad things will happen.

Reap as you so, as it is said. That's pretty much it.

Do to your fellow man what you wan't them to do to you .

And so on.

i belive in karma,my family went through years of crap,while at the same time helping others.we watched as a family friend treated the whole town like crap.long story short her son smashed her car steals from her,shes losing money and has probs all the time,i started a company,have a new car and am in love with a great girl,and my fam is happy.karma is real.

I really do hope karma is real, My ex husband has a lot of bad things coming his way if so. I never wish harm on anyone, and always hope everyone is happy in their own way..I just get frustrated when you see "bad" people thrive while good people who take the hard road struggle. It seems so backwards to me.

I really do hope karma is real, My ex husband has a lot of bad things coming his way if so. I never wish harm on anyone, and always hope everyone is happy in their own way..I just get frustrated when you see "bad" people thrive while good people who take the hard road struggle. It seems so backwards to me.

Well, now THAT's not good Karma to think that way... LOL

I totally beleive in Karma :D That's why my favorite TV show is My Name is Earl.

linked-image

Well, now THAT's not good Karma to think that way... LOL

I totally beleive in Karma :D That's why my favorite TV show is My Name is Earl.

linked-image

OMG,LMAO

No karma is not real. If it was would we have such sayings as "the good die young" or the like?

Karma is an idea embraced by those unwilling or able to balance out the scale of right and wrong through their actions. Sometimes even actions dont help though. They believe some cosmic force or deity is going to even things out. Kind of like a real time heaven and hell idea. Good deeds rewarded at some point and bad deeds punished at some point.

What helps people continue to believe in this thing is that life is constantly changing. As long as you help yourself and dont just give up, bad times will turn better. If you live through enough good times bad things are bound to happen because its part of life. Then again some people end up with a life of only bad time or only good times. We all play the odds every day. Things happen.

The real question is why do people only like to think about the warm and fuzzy side of karma? The bad people getting their due and good people finally getting out of some rough times side of it. How come no one brings up the point that child born into this world innocent, raised by a good family, educated, landed a good job with a new family and good kids is going to be repaid in full for all these good times? Not quite so warm and fuzzy now is it?

Kevin A.

No karma is not real. If it was would we have such sayings as "the good die young" or the like?

Karma is an idea embraced by those unwilling or able to balance out the scale of right and wrong through their actions. Sometimes even actions dont help though. They believe some cosmic force or deity is going to even things out. Kind of like a real time heaven and hell idea. Good deeds rewarded at some point and bad deeds punished at some point.

What helps people continue to believe in this thing is that life is constantly changing. As long as you help yourself and dont just give up, bad times will turn better. If you live through enough good times bad things are bound to happen because its part of life. Then again some people end up with a life of only bad time or only good times. We all play the odds every day. Things happen.

The real question is why do people only like to think about the warm and fuzzy side of karma? The bad people getting their due and good people finally getting out of some rough times side of it. How come no one brings up the point that child born into this world innocent, raised by a good family, educated, landed a good job with a new family and good kids is going to be repaid in full for all these good times? Not quite so warm and fuzzy now is it?

Kevin A.

i think you have bad karma coming.lmao

We've kinda bastardized the concept of karma and turned it into a trendy western buzzword.

There are four eastern religions that I know of that use karma: Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Sikhism. Mostly, karma to them relates to the afterlife. It's not about p***ing in somebody's rosebushes and then having the wind blow a rock through your window. It's about p***ing in somebody's rose bushes and being reincarnated as a lower being, or being reincarnated in the buddhist hell, or having your soul too weighed down to ascend.

We, over here, have turned it into a suffix of the golden rule: "Do unto others, because it will come back to you." A lot of new age stuff like wicca even says that things will come back to you threefold, or some junk.

Here's what I think happens: Things statistically tend to even out. Most of us are going to simply experience some good and some bad in life. You can blame the bad on whatever will make you feel better, but crap happens. And where the real trick is lies in how you perceive events. If you focus solely on the negative, it will seem like an extraordinary number of bad things happen to you, but really it's about the same as everybody else, but maybe you've made some bad choices too. Like, if you make fun of people, people aren't going to like you as much and life will be a little rougher. Is that some mystical force? No, it's how socialization works.

Or maybe it's sometimes self fulfilling prophecy. You feel guilty about something, so subconsciously you feel the need to punish yourself. Or the guilt distracts you from a task and there are consequences. Either way, there's no reason to blame an Eastern Mystical force that's being taken completely out of context to begin with.

We've kinda bastardized the concept of karma and turned it into a trendy western buzzword.

There are four eastern religions that I know of that use karma: Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Sikhism. Mostly, karma to them relates to the afterlife. It's not about p***ing in somebody's rosebushes and then having the wind blow a rock through your window. It's about p***ing in somebody's rose bushes and being reincarnated as a lower being, or being reincarnated in the buddhist hell, or having your soul too weighed down to ascend.

We, over here, have turned it into a suffix of the golden rule: "Do unto others, because it will come back to you." A lot of new age stuff like wicca even says that things will come back to you threefold, or some junk.

Here's what I think happens: Things statistically tend to even out. Most of us are going to simply experience some good and some bad in life. You can blame the bad on whatever will make you feel better, but crap happens. And where the real trick is lies in how you perceive events. If you focus solely on the negative, it will seem like an extraordinary number of bad things happen to you, but really it's about the same as everybody else, but maybe you've made some bad choices too. Like, if you make fun of people, people aren't going to like you as much and life will be a little rougher. Is that some mystical force? No, it's how socialization works.

Or maybe it's sometimes self fulfilling prophecy. You feel guilty about something, so subconsciously you feel the need to punish yourself. Or the guilt distracts you from a task and there are consequences. Either way, there's no reason to blame an Eastern Mystical force that's being taken completely out of context to begin with.

Exactly. You can demonstrate the silliness of the Western hippie idea of karma with a simple thought experiment. Say a little girl was tormenting her cat. She's now got bad karma coming back at her because of what she did. Later that day, her dad gets drunk and hits her in the face because he's a mean ahole. There's her bad karma come to get her, right? So, since her dad got drunk and smacked her in the face in accordance with the will of the universe, he's exempt from any bad karma he would have otherwise had coming because of this, right? So when the neighbors call the cops on him and he goes to jail and gets prison raped, that must be bad karma for something else. What did the cat do to get its tail pulled in the first place? Did it eat a mouse and enjoy killing it a little too much? Did the mouse eat an acorn that would have grown into a mighty oak tree otherwise? What could the tree have possibly done to warrant bad karma before it ever sprouted? Does the sodomizing inmate have any bad karma coming for balancing all this? If you really stop and look at it the whole thing comes apart. It's goofy. Why spend your life looking over your shoulder because something bad you did is coming after you?

Edited by Wallydraigle

From the teaching of Buddha on Karmic laws

Law of Karma forgives Creatures with lesser intelligent . Animals are regarded as lower intelligent beings and predators have to kill prey for their survival .

So their killing for survival do not have karmic effect.

Karma do not effects to young children who cannot decide what is right or wrong.

Effects of Karma differs in Degrees of Consciousness on the actions.

for action that give bad karma, For Instance ,

If you hurt somebody accidentally , and you do not know it , it will give very minimal or no bad karmic effect

If you hurt somebody accidentally and you know its going to happen , but you do not avoid it , it have greater effect

If you hurt somebody , Deliberately , this action Give you greater karmic effect . You will suffer something worse than what you did

And , Ultimately If you hurt somebody Deliberately , and You enjoy doing it , you do not feel any guilt in doing it , it gives you the worst karmic effect . That will be enuf for you to go to hell if you die .

The way bad karma effect can be immediate , if you do not have done any good actions/deeds before , you will suffer what you did in very near future.

But will be delayed , if you have done good deeds before. It will let you enjoy good deeds until those good deeds ran out. Then , you will suffer bad karma.

I now truly believed karma after dramatic events during my love life.

To tell my story short ,

4 years ago , i have dumped a girl who love me truly and so much , she is completely innocent and so good to me

Soon after i dumped her , i get another girl and lived together with her for 3 years then , suddenly she changed , she cheated me with another guy who she met online.

As soon as i know that she cheated me , its comes into my mind suddenly that "oh , i have suffered what i did before. I have hurt someone who loved me so much "

But amazingly , the b**** who cheated me got suffered by what she did after a week .

That guy , who she cheated with , have dumped her after a week without any good reason . (he flew all the way from US to Bangkok to meet her btw ) and cheated her , dating with her best friend .

She was so shocked and tried to say sorry me but i do not let her come back to me anymore.

Then , i go back to the girl that i dumped . I told her everything about what happened to me . And i apologized her .

She accepted my apology and amazingly she is still waiting for me to come back without having any BF for 4 years (and we do not have any single contact during that time)!!

now we are very happy with each other now, i am loving her so much too , knowing that nobody can be as good as her , on me.

Exactly. You can demonstrate the silliness of the Western hippie idea of karma with a simple thought experiment. Say a little girl was tormenting her cat. She's now got bad karma coming back at her because of what she did. Later that day, her dad gets drunk and hits her in the face because he's a mean ahole. There's her bad karma come to get her, right? So, since her dad got drunk and smacked her in the face in accordance with the will of the universe, he's exempt from any bad karma he would have otherwise had coming because of this, right? So when the neighbors call the cops on him and he goes to jail and gets prison raped, that must be bad karma for something else. What did the cat do to get its tail pulled in the first place? Did it eat a mouse and enjoy killing it a little too much? Did the mouse eat an acorn that would have grown into a mighty oak tree otherwise? What could the tree have possibly done to warrant bad karma before it ever sprouted? Does the sodomizing inmate have any bad karma coming for balancing all this? If you really stop and look at it the whole thing comes apart. It's goofy. Why spend your life looking over your shoulder because something bad you did is coming after you?

omg,that was a little extreme dont you think? messing with a cat does not ok violence to children.

if a grown man killed a cat then got punched then thats karma.a girl playing with her cat and getting beaten is a ridicules comparison,shame on you.

Totally believe in it. What goes around comes around.

i like that saying too,props.

That got me wondering if it’s real? If good and bad can really come back to you through Karma. I use to believe in Karma but have lost faith in it myself. I have, seen too many bad people thrive in life and people, who are good, never seem to get a hand up from Karma.

Hmmm...I think one can short-circuit this Karma, if Karma is thought of as bad things happening in this life resulting from bad deeds, tell your friend to do something good over the weekend, like volunteer at a homeless shelter, or donate to a charity, or similar, to negate whatever bad deeds causing the Karma.

On the other hand, my own experience with Karma, or luck, or fate, is that we make our own luck, the key is to be aware, if you try and make your own luck, be aware and you'll see the opportunities, the worst thing about it is to do nothing and not be aware.

I'm curious how it turns out, please reply here or send me a pm...

I've just seen too many things happen in another persons life besides my own where it will come back to you. I'm not the perfect human being. But I have had the most horrific last couple of months, and couple of years. Between losing friends, losing loved ones, break ups, my financial situation in the dumps etc; I have had a hell of a ride. Trust me... and I think its stemming from not treating certain family members of mine so well. I noticed when I took a positive thing, it started to turn into a bunch of good things. Maybe it shouldn't be called Karma. But whatever it is, I believe that if you do harm or bad things to someone, it will definitely bite you in the butt 10 fold. I see it happening to my father, and now onto me. I won't share my personal life on these forums, but you get the point?

Now I am a school bus driver. I hope by helping disability or broken children helps gain some good karma. I've been a bus driver for 3 years and its changed my outlook on things. I'm also a ghost hunter. I try to help lonely spirits or ones that are stuck. I hope to gain something for that too. I'm basically trying to put right into things to make up where I did wrong. I hope that I receive good karma for it.

So yeah, what you dish out, you have to take back. What goes around comes around... what you give is what you get.

I've just seen too many things happen in another persons life besides my own where it will come back to you. I'm not the perfect human being. But I have had the most horrific last couple of months, and couple of years. Between losing friends, losing loved ones, break ups, my financial situation in the dumps etc; I have had a hell of a ride. Trust me... and I think its stemming from not treating certain family members of mine so well. I noticed when I took a positive thing, it started to turn into a bunch of good things. Maybe it shouldn't be called Karma. But whatever it is, I believe that if you do harm or bad things to someone, it will definitely bite you in the butt 10 fold. I see it happening to my father, and now onto me. I won't share my personal life on these forums, but you get the point?

Now I am a school bus driver. I hope by helping disability or broken children helps gain some good karma. I've been a bus driver for 3 years and its changed my outlook on things. I'm also a ghost hunter. I try to help lonely spirits or ones that are stuck. I hope to gain something for that too. I'm basically trying to put right into things to make up where I did wrong. I hope that I receive good karma for it.

So yeah, what you dish out, you have to take back. What goes around comes around... what you give is what you get.

See, I've seen too much in life and thought too much about it to come to any other conclusion than karma is a load of crap. There are just way too many inconsistencies in it. And there are perfectly mundane explanations for bad things happening to people.

I'd say karma is real in the sense that if you do bad things you'll have bad things coming back at you, it's a pretty basic and easy to understand concept, just as if you do good things good things come back.

It relates to the Law of Attraction as well as already mentioned Cause and Effect.

Of course what is good and what is bad can be discussed and interpreted in different ways, but the universal spiritual laws are in effect just as the normal physical laws, and through understanding oneself and how these laws works one can change ones life for the better.

To put it short there are two main principles that is good to follow: Do to other's what you want other's to do to yourself, and have a positive mindset meaning focus on good things and stuff you like instead of the negative things and things you don't like.

Both physical actions as well as mental actions (thoughts) are "causes" to what manifests in your life (the "effects").

It's pretty easy to see that this is true as you just have to try live in accordance with those principles to see it.

Regarding karma passing over from possible past lives I'm not really sure about though, and even if it would I''m sure it could be turned good by living in accordance with the mentioned principles.

I'd say karma is real in the sense that if you do bad things you'll have bad things coming back at you, it's a pretty basic and easy to understand concept, just as if you do good things good things come back.

It relates to the Law of Attraction as well as already mentioned Cause and Effect.

Of course what is good and what is bad can be discussed and interpreted in different ways, but the universal spiritual laws are in effect just as the normal physical laws, and through understanding oneself and how these laws works one can change ones life for the better.

To put it short there are two main principles that is good to follow: Do to other's what you want other's to do to yourself, and have a positive mindset meaning focus on good things and stuff you like instead of the negative things and things you don't like.

Both physical actions as well as mental actions (thoughts) are "causes" to what manifests in your life (the "effects").

It's pretty easy to see that this is true as you just have to try live in accordance with those principles to see it.

Regarding karma passing over from possible past lives I'm not really sure about though, and even if it would I''m sure it could be turned good by living in accordance with the mentioned principles.

Very nicely stated. Bravo.