Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

WRITERS BLOCK! AHHH!

Naveed

I have a 7-10 page story due Monday and I'm suffering from serious writers block. I'd do free writing, but it never works for me. I'd due outlining, but that throws me off more. Thankfully I have like 3 different stories started, I just need to think of which one to finish. The one I've done the most on is a quasi-sequel to my zombie story, but it doesn't sound nearly as good as the last one, at least to me. Anyone else ever have these problems?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kismit

• Naveed

• Blood Angel

• Faulkner

Top Posters In This Topic

This may seem strange, but i get artists block often, and heres a remedy that i use.

Firstly you must be in the mood for writing/drawing different parts i.e. you have to be in a dark mood to draw evil dark stuff...etc etc. So what i do is thus, i put on music to match the mood i want to draw with, then i close my eyes and just listen to the music.....then the ideas start flooding in...but don't let those ideas go, grab a pen and start writing as soon as you get the urge.

Blood Angel -

I do the same thing.

I find it easier to fully engross myself in whatever creative project I'm working on when I'm inspired with the appropriate music - all my writings, paintings, & drunken rube goldberg inventions and ideas have a soundtrack it seems.

and the ADD seems to like it that way too.

Ahh ADD every artists friend .

When suffering from writters block , I find it usefull to look for inspiration in another book , just so that you get your rythym for writting not ripping off someone elses work , and mostly it's just the first line once you've got that right , you become so completely engrosed in what your doing that you discover you have managed to rabbit on and on and on about absolutely nothing for atleast a paragraph or two without even using any punctuation .

Well it works for me grin2.gif .

Well I cured my writer's block, just not sure how well the story will go over, lol. I handed it in today and we'll see by next Monday, or Wednesday. I think it will do better then my last one because it will apeal to a wider audience.