Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lucid Dreaming advice please

Icekat

I have very vivid dreams and pretty much always remember them, but I rarely control them. I have had lucid dreams before, but I always wake up soon after I realize I'm dreaming. I was just wondering if anyone could give me advice on dreaming lucidly more frequently and not waking up right afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MNPRED

• darkbreed

• Ignus Fatuus

• Icekat

I have very vivid dreams and pretty much always remember them, but I rarely control them. I have had lucid dreams before, but I always wake up soon after I realize I'm dreaming. I was just wondering if anyone could give me advice on dreaming lucidly more frequently and not waking up right afterwards.

well first you will need to keep a dream jurnal and record youre dreams in that so that you will rember youre dreams better then you should start doing reality checks like trying to breath through a pinched nose. try www.dreamviews.com

I am a diabetic, which means on some nights I have to visit the potty often. On these nights where my body is "p***ed", my dreams are more lucid. I have done schoolwork or studied for tests in my dreams. One time I remember studying for a test, when I realized that I could not see. I sleep with a fan on by my side and as soon as I figured this out I remember the fan's noise instantly humming in my ear. That one was awsome, but not like flying and knowing your asleep or being a fire breathing dragon.

well first you will need to keep a dream jurnal and record youre dreams in that so that you will rember youre dreams better then you should start doing reality checks like trying to breath through a pinched nose. try www.dreamviews.com

sorry i had to cut that short, aneyway you should get into the habet of performing reality checks at least 3 times a day so that they will cary on into youre dreames fo example if you are dreaming and you try to breath through youre pluged nose you will find that you can and thus relize that you are dreaming you should realy try dreamviews it is a lucid dreaming forum it is also how i found this sight.

Here is some tips that you can apply which I orignally wrote regarding ceremonial magic, just change "magick", "rituals" etc with "lucid dreaming":

Keep a magickal diary where you write down the rituals you perform and the results of them, including any feelings, thoughts, emotions, sensations or other experiences that you might encounter while doing them. Also add information such as the weather, time and date, phase of the moon, your physical and mental/emotional status before and after the rituals, and other details you may find suitable to add. This will be a valuable journal for you to look through and review as you gradually progress on your spiritual path, and you might find it a good companion. Of course you should also include any other work you do in addition to the magickal rituals presented here above, examples can be various psychic experiments such as telekinesis, telepathy, energy work, meditation, astral projection, remote viewing, dowsing, scrying and whatever it is you might be practicing.

My article I took and quoted the above from is an article on how to perform some important rituals I advice you to learn and practice before any spiritual work including astral projection. It should also be performed after such work. Please read the full article here:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...t&p=2087376

And some more about the importance of diaries with this type of work:

HE IMPORTANCE OF DIARIES:

The trick is to get your memory back with you. It's kind of the same problem as with dreams, sometimes we just remember vague parts of them. This is due to what is called the mind-split effect:

When you go out of your body, you are aware of your astral body, and your mind is focused in the astral body. At the same time, your physical body and physical brain is sleeping, and the physical brain is recording whatever the physical body experiences (which is just sleeping). So, when you get back, you have to "overwrite" this physical bodys memory with your astral bodys memory. The best way to do this is to start slowly, by just keeping out some seconds at a time, like 10 seconds, then return to your body while thinking "I will remember this!" and immediately get up from bed and write down your whole experience.

Then you can try to keep out longer and longer for each time you project. Every time you are about to go back to your body, say out loud "I will remember this!". You may also make an affirmation while performing your astral projection method of choice too, where you say to yourself "I will now go out of body and be completely aware in my astral body and remember everything that happens when I return to my physical body".

Every time after projecting, or even trying to projecting and thinking you have failed, write down in a special diary that you have just for this purpose everything you can remember about the experience, all details, from the very beginning of the projection (such as what method you used, sensations you felt before projection, sensations at the moment of separation, sensations and feelings after, things you saw, experienced and so on while out, sensations on moment of re-entering your body, etc) - Write it all down, and read through it after you wrote it down to see if you remember more you can add. Then just let go of the diary or the rest of the day, and later in the evening or night, read through the experience again and maybe you'll notice you remember more details, more things starting to come into your mind.

This diary, if done every time as I just told, will greatly improve your astral projection skills - even just reading it before trying to project will help a lot! Heck, and place it under your pillow at night and when trying to project to further improve the results.

In addition to your Astral Projection Diary, you should keep a Dream Diary. This is a separate diary, where you write down all dreams you have EVERY morning when you wake up - just as with the astral diary, write down everything you can remember from the dreams you had the night before you just woke up. Then read through it once and see if more details can be added, and as with the astral diary, read through it another time later in the evening or day, to see if you perhaps remember even more.

The purpose of this is to increase your dream memory as well as your astral abilities - in total it will make you better at both remembering your dreams, recalling your astral adventures, and becoming a more skilled and good astral projector. In addition, it will start making your dreams more spiritual in nature, you will start to have spontaneous projections at night while sleeping without even trying, that you will either remember in the morning, or you will wake up in the night and remember it after getting back to your body (remember to write down these experiences too!).

It is very important and of great help and assistance for yourself and your spiritual development to do this. I can't stress that enough, you really should get both an Astral Diary, and a Dream Diary, and write down in both of them every day (or at least every morning in the Dream Diary, and every time you try to project, or have a spontaneous projection in the Astral Diary).

It will also be a good reference for you to check your improvement later on, and to go back and review specific episodes and experiences. And it will be great to have it all logged so you can go back and re-read any experience or interesting dream you've had at any time you want to. And as said, reading these diaries both before astral projecting or going to sleep will greatly improve both your astral skills as well as your dreams.

Reading astral projection related books and litterature on the internet etc will also help, as your subcounscious mind will absorb it and put it into work and help you in the background to develop your astral abilities and make you have them more easier.

Feel free to read my full article regarding how to increase astral projection skills, which easily can be adapted for use to increase lucid dreaming as they are both basically the same, and from a lucid dream you can astral projec. My thread on that is here: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...t&p=2134832

Hopefully some of this can be useful and prove helpful in your studies and practice. I wish you all the best of luck, may profound peace be with you and great new wonderful experiences be the fruits of your pursuit!

Blessings,

Frater Edward