Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

comet planet heading for earth

Admiral Danger

according to nostradamus in 2012 there is supposed to be a comet planet heading to earth and many nostardamus schollars believe that comet lee maybe the comet, i want to know if you think it could happen

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admiral Danger

• Waspie_Dwarf

• Tommy2007

• NeoGenesis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

according to nostradamus in 2012 there is supposed to be a comet planet heading to earth and many nostardamus schollars believe that comet lee maybe the comet, i want to know if you think it could happen

What is a "comet planet"?

No, I don't think it can happen. You're talking about Comet "Lee" (1999/H1), which won't be around again in the life time of anyone on this planet currently...nor in the next 30 to 40,000 generations...let alone in 2012.

The "prophecies" regarding this very long period comet arose from something called the Millenium Group (a name which, since the 1996-1999 TV show "Millennium", has become a somewhat catchy for alot of organizations).

This particular "Millennium Group" appears to be a bunch of pseudo-scientists who not only watched a pretty darn good TV series, but took it far too seriously, and thus create lots of doom and gloom theories about things they can't substantiate.

Comet 1999/H1 is gone...forever, as far as anyone on Earth is concerned.

^That's the reasoning I was looking for :)

;)

:o OMG. i guess i can max all my credit cards out & not worry about paying for it then Edited by SoulFire

:o OMG. i guess i can max all my credit cards out & not worry about paying for it then

I wonder how many people will file for bankrupcy on December 22nd, 2012. Perhaps we won't see a spike in bankrupcy filings until January 1st, 2013. I'm laughing so hard, right now.

What is a "comet planet"?

No, I don't think it can happen. You're talking about Comet "Lee" (1999/H1), which won't be around again in the life time of anyone on this planet currently...nor in the next 30 to 40,000 generations...let alone in 2012.

The "prophecies" regarding this very long period comet arose from something called the Millenium Group (a name which, since the 1996-1999 TV show "Millennium", has become a somewhat catchy for alot of organizations).

This particular "Millennium Group" appears to be a bunch of pseudo-scientists who not only watched a pretty darn good TV series, but took it far too seriously, and thus create lots of doom and gloom theories about things they can't substantiate.

Comet 1999/H1 is gone...forever, as far as anyone on Earth is concerned.

About sums it up....nice post

About sums it up....nice post

Thank You, Sir.

:tu:

• 3 weeks later...

Stop believing in nonsense.

I agree, why predict destruction on 2012? Why not world peace or solving world hunger.

Can we please avoid personal attacks and insults please. It's a rare, nice warm day here in the UK and I don't want to waste it by deleting posts and issuing warnings. Thank you.

if your curious about it, look on the following links...

http://www.satansrapture.com/nostra2012.htm

http://www.exitmundi.nl/exitmundi.htm

look for planet x on the last one

the human race itself wont end but heres a link to the picture of it

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap990427.html

it does say that it aproaches the inner solar system

Dr alien, you really do not have even a basic understanding of astronomy do you? (If you did you wouldn't fall for this sort of nonsense).

The first two links you provided are just unscientific, superstitious mumbo-jumbo. They really have no place in the science forum.

The third link is a nice picture of a small comet. It provoked the sort of "the end is near" nonsense you are promoting in 1999. It had just as much basis in reality as Comet Lee passed harmlessly through the inner solar system and back out into deep space where it will never trouble us again.

Dozens of comets are passing through the inner solars system at any given time. There is a tiny risk that one may hit, but there is no such thing as a comet planet and there is no known object on a collision course with Earth in 2012.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf

Dr alien, you really do not have even a basic understanding of astronomy do you? (If you did you wouldn't fall for this sort of nonsense).

The first two links you provided are just unscientific, superstitious mumbo-jumbo. They really have no place in the science forum.

The third link is a nice picture of a small comet. It provoked the sort of "the end is near" nonsense you are promoting in 1999. It had just as much basis in reality as Comet Lee passed harmlessly through the inner solar system and back out into deep space where it will never trouble us again.

Dozens of comets are passing through the inner solars system at any given time. There is a tiny risk that one may hit, but there is no such thing as a comet planet and there is no known object on a collision course with Earth in 2012.

try doing some research on it

try doing some research on it

On what. You have just posted drivel.

You clearly do not have a clue about the subject. I have been studying astronomy and spaceflight for more than 30 years, I do not claim to be any kind of expert but I can spot someone that doesn't have a clue about the subject from a mile off.

Telling me to do some research is a bit rich coming from somone that I have just had to educate on something as basic as the difference between sound and radio waves.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf

On what. You have just posted drivel.

You clearly do not have a clue about the subject. I have been studying astronomy and spaceflight for more than 30 years, I do not claim to be any kind of expert but I can spot someone that doesn't have a clue about the subject from a mile off.

Telling me to do some research is a bit rich coming from somone that I have just had to educate on something as basic as the difference between sound and radio waves.

lol

i will try finding more links that prooves it, i have seen one but i cant remember it.

what i mean is try looking up "planet x" on goolgle or whatever search engine you use.

you'd be suprised about how much about the unverse i know

you'd be suprised about how much about the unverse i know

So far you've surprised me by how much you think you know and how little you really know. You certainly need to read some very basic science books. You might then be able to start know the difference between science and superstition.

So far you've surprised me by how much you think you know and how little you really know. You certainly need to read some very basic science books. You might then be able to start know the difference between science and superstition.

well how much i know for my age.

this is starting to become a good arguement

Yes and soon it will come to a grinding halt.And besides if astronomers have found out that this so called PLANET X is heading to Earth they would have made preparations to diminish this threat and have the made any preparations,the answer is simply 'NO' they have not.This posting on YOU TUBE is a bunch of computer generated nonsense.Grate Scott I can not believe that some people take this as credible evidence. :sm

i am hoping that nostradamus is wrong but most of the other things he has predicted have been correct and with the other evidence which you all call nonsense i think it can happen.

In order for it to be a good argument, both sides should at LEAST have a well thought-out point with some facts to back it up.

This is more like a schooling.

Edited by Moonie2012

If planet x or aka Nibiru were to exsist then we would know about it 100% If Nibiru were going to hit Earth in say 4 years it would be close enough to detect easily. This planet is said to be on the scale of Jupiter or Neptune in size. That is huge and we would have seen it years ago if it was a real planet. I would listen to Waspie, he's a pretty smart feller :tu:

It makes you wonder what the big NASA announcement on the 14th will be...could be something monumental, probably something boring.

Edited by Moonie2012

It makes you wonder what the big NASA announcement on the 14th will be...could be something monumental, probably something boring.

Hmmm I wonder if Waspie or Mid are in the know on this announcment, me I have no clue :hmm: