Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

comet planet heading for earth

Admiral Danger

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admiral Danger

• Waspie_Dwarf

• Tommy2007

• NeoGenesis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AmdazwAcgw

after this im going onto the topic about global warming.

YouTube is as much proof as your orbital diagram you provided, ie none at all. That video is an obvious fake I'm afraid. When someone says "I can't tell you who I am or how I got this" then it should ring alarm bells.

The discovery of such an object would be one of the scientific discoveries of the century. If it was real astronomers would be falling over themselves to be the first to announce it. The silence on this matter from the thousands upon thousands of professional astronomers and tens of millions of amateur astronomers that would be able to see this object if it was real speaks volumes.

They aren't saying they've seen it because they haven't seen it. They haven't seen it because it isn't there.

YouTube is as much proof as your orbital diagram you provided, ie none at all. That video is an obvious fake I'm afraid. When someone says "I can't tell you who I am or how I got this" then it should ring alarm bells.

The discovery of such an object would be one of the scientific discoveries of the century. If it was real astronomers would be falling over themselves to be the first to announce it. The silence on this matter from the thousands upon thousands of professional astronomers and tens of millions of amateur astronomers that would be able to see this object if it was real speaks volumes.

They aren't saying they've seen it because they haven't seen it. They haven't seen it because it isn't there.

Right you are Waspie. :tu:

you make waspie sound like zezima from runescape

you make waspie sound like zezima from runescape

And your point is. :hmm:

Can we cut the runescap stuff please and stay on topic.

Thank you.

Ok so now we have all scared a 14 yr old kid away from something he found curious. At least he was curious enough to come onto a public forum and post his views, brave really! I think this has become a thread that attacks someone young and wanting to learn. Let's not turn this into an intellectual debate with a 14 yr old with an imagination. Damn when I was young I believed what I was told, now I know better.... Give him time and your knowledge, not reticule.

I think MID's post #2 in this thread was an appropriate answer to the question.

What is a "comet planet"?

No, I don't think it can happen. You're talking about Comet "Lee" (1999/H1), which won't be around again in the life time of anyone on this planet currently...nor in the next 30 to 40,000 generations...let alone in 2012.

If we spent all our time in the Space and Astronomy forum issuing politically correct, "self esteem building" answers to imaginative kids with poor educations, the caliber of science discussed here would be so low that most people wouldn't bother posting.

The problem is that our schools are doing such a horrible job of teaching science that high schoolers don't know things that middle schoolers knew 20 years ago. In my school system the structure of the solar system ( the planets and their moons) was covered in 5th grade when we were 10 years old, along with the definitions of stars, planets, comets, asteroids, galaxies and the milky way. At that time they also taught the names of the major constellations, names of the closest stars, how to find the north star, and why the moons phases look the way they do.

dr alien is a good poster coming out of a BAD, BAD, BAD educational system. Our fault, not his. Shame on us for forgetting that science education is more than just a matter of politics.

Up to a point I agree with you Siara. I would disagree that

dr alien is a good poster coming out of a BAD, BAD, BAD educational system.
That he doesn't know things is not his fault, THAT is the systems. That he is unwilling to accept he doesn't know and is unwilling to find out for himself is his fault.

There are plenty of libraries and book shops where basic books on astronomy can be found. There are plenty of good websites too. It appears to me that dr alien is of the mind set that he is right and that everyone who disagrees with him is wrong. It is us that must do the research because he's been on YouTube.

If he is unwilling to learn then he never will. MID frequently says that this site is a good place to learn if people are willing to ask questions. If dr alien would start asking those questions, start asking why we are telling him he is wrong then he would learn a lot about the subject he professes to be interested and knowledgeable in. He may still disagree with us. He may chose to still believe in planet-X, (although I doubt that) but he will do so from a far sounder knowledge base.

I have been studying astronomy since I was far younger than dr alien. I am very far from an expert. I am still prepared to listen and learn. I am still discovering how wrong I am about many things every day. That isn't a kick in the ego, it is a joy. That joy of learning is there for dr alien too, he just needs to want it.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf

I have been studying astronomy since I was far younger than dr alien. I am very far from an expert. I am still prepared to listen and learn. I am still discovering how wrong I am about many things every day. That isn't a kick in the ego, it is a joy. That joy of learning is there for dr alien too, he just needs to want it.

You're right.

---------------------

It's just that...

The difference between Evolution and Creationism is basically the same as the difference between Kepler's laws and the Doomsday-Collision-with-the-Comet-Planet. Given the fact that (in America) we've just had eight years of a president who thinks that Creationism should be taught along with Evolution, it comes as no surprise that young people see Nostredamos and Kepler as equally reliable.

Edited by Siara

well im still ruling the possiblility that it exists.

Nostradamus made thousands of predictions, only a hand full have vaguely come true, and those are widely open to interpretation. If I sat down and wrote out a couple thousand things I think could happen in the future, I would be guaranteed to get about the same amount right as he did!

Nostradamus made thousands of predictions, only a hand full have vaguely come true, and those are widely open to interpretation. If I sat down and wrote out a couple thousand things I think could happen in the future, I would be guaranteed to get about the same amount right as he did!

Nostradamus' "predictions" were so vague and broad scoped it's ridiculous. Also, It's easy to find a quatrain AFTER events unfold that fits the event(s).

We're not trying to scare away the 14 year old, we're trying to educate him/her. Something his/her parents and teachers seem to be failing at somewhat.

its a him :angry:

THE TOPIC.THE TOPIC!!!!!!!!!.

Waspie Dwarf told you yesterday to stay on the topic.And besides Tommy 2007 did put it in also as a him so blow of some steam. :huh:

Edited by NeoGenesis

its a him :angry:

Relax Skippy, how do I know which it is? Your nickname isn't gender specific....

Relax Skippy, how do I know which it is? Your nickname isn't gender specific....

you can check on my profile. it specificly says male.

you can check on my profile. it specificly says male.

I don't usually check profiles. But either way it doesn't matter, I respond to both sexes!

There is a pretty good video in the media section here in UM. it covers most of this.