Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lucid dreams

CardWise

I read a brief article on lucid dreams recently. It said they could be easily induced, and worked for sixty percent of people, but gave me no further information. I'm hoping some of you may know something about lucid dreams, or maybe just share any of those dreams you have had.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CardWise

• MNPRED

• whimsicalreverie

• Meik

really try dreamviews lucid dreaming forum hear

Well, I'm not sure about "easily induced" ;P, since I have not been able to do it by inducing them myself, although I have just been able to do it sometimes when I just realized that I was dreaming.

One thing that I can suggest though, is to read up about it as much as you can. Supposedly, by reading them and really letting your subconcsious know that this is what you want to attain, you'll be able to induce them much easier, or at the very least, remember your dreams better, which I believe is essential in beginning to learn to lucid dream. Everytime you dream, you're supposed to write it down, and remember every possible thing you can about it. Whether it makes sense or not. That way you get in a habit of making a point to remember your dreams, and focus on it. Also one thing that can help is throughout the day, do random "dream checks". What this means, is to pause every now and then, throughout the day, and ask yourself if you're dreaming. Check your surroundings, and just be aware of everything going on around you. Do this EVERY day, and often throughout it. If you get in the habit of doing dream checks, you're more than likely going to unconsciously ask yourself this very same question while you're dreaming, and hopefully it will trigger or click in your mind that you're dreaming, and you can then alter your surroundings however way you wish.

Usually when I'm lucid dreaming, the first thing I always do is fly. :P Sometimes, not often, I'll automatically know if I'm dreaming. And I just start flying wherever, or try to have an OBE, or something like that. Most of the time though it is triggered by something unusual that happens in my dream. In one example, I was in a video game of sorts, and had to go through random stages that get harder the further you go. Well, after attempting to get to the location I wanted, I accidentally fell, and everything turned black. I realized I was 'dead'. Then I thought, "Wait... I'm still able to think, and I feel no pain, so... this has to be a dream. :\" So then I just started the game/dream over, and did it right the second time. For some reason full lucidity doesn't work all the time, so I think I'm limited to going back to the same dream, and just altering it to make me not die, or not make the wrong decision, or something. ;P

Anyways, I wish you all the best. :) Hopefully you'll be back to share some lucid dreams that you may get.

I did the dream check thing you were talking about, after about 4 or 5 days I was able to ask myself while in a dream and realized I was dreaming. I just woke up really fast after that so I gave up on lucid dreaming.

I really want to start trying it again because I want to see if I can talk to and hear God while in a dream.