Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why?

norwood1026

For the last few weeks I have noticed that there have been more & more people coming on here & have posted long sorry boring threads about why their religions is right & why you need to believe as they do. I know those who have posted these threads will argue that they have done no such things but the mods will can prove you wrong.

My question is why the need to prove your beliefs to others? Are you lacking something in your own faith? Does help you to feel better about your religions when people agree with you? If you anwser no to any of the questions then help me understand why you can't leave others alone in thier faiths.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Celumnaz

• Irish

• TheKnight

• norwood1026

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

For the last few weeks I have noticed that there have been more & more people coming on here & have posted long sorry boring threads about why their religions is right & why you need to believe as they do. I know those who have posted these threads will argue that they have done no such things but the mods will can prove you wrong.

My question is why the need to prove your beliefs to others? Are you lacking something in your own faith? Does help you to feel better about your religions when people agree with you? If you anwser no to any of the questions then help me understand why you can't leave others alone in thier faiths.

I think people do for two reasons:

A. They care about others and want others to see what they do.

B. (And this is the MAIN reason that I do) They see sterotypes/insults/false remarks about their religion and they want to correct the errors. If people didn't make false claims concerning my religion, or state their misconceptions about it then I wouldn't post about religion as much.

I see alot of misconceptions on all sides, think that's some of it. Like, if you're gonna hate what I believe, at least do it for the right reasons kind of thing... but that's just me.

The big question is why do you bother to read them if you are not interested? Find a topic that interests you, life is to short to waste it on as you say boring threads!

And speaking of worthless threads……….Closed……