Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

psychic abilities

i3igRed

this might sound like a stupid question, but im interested. all i wanted to know is theres anyway to strenghten your abilities? iv always had the ability to see signs and numers and such in my dreams and sometimes life. but recently its been happing alot more often. just the other day out of no where i woke up at about 5 30 am and just heard a flock of crows outside my window. mind u we rarely see any crows round here let alone a whole group of them. when i heard it i automaticly knew it was a prediction for something bad that was to happen (cause thats what it usually means), and sure enought later that day i called one of my friends and she told me that her uncle died that morning. also iv been seeing alot of # recently. like, every day for whatever reason i keep lookin up at the clock at exactly either 11:11 or 1:11. this 1111 things been going on for months now. please let me know if anyone can help. i would really like to develep my abilities a bit more.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wombat

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• Sporkling

• thatgrimlife

Ah, here we are... I went away to get something to eat and forgot what i was replying too for a minuet there...

Yeah, as far as i know the only way of strengthening psychic powers is practice. :tu:

please excust the typos i'm in a red-bull induced hyperness. :tu:

The main base of developing psychic abilities is to meditate. You should consider yourself lucky because you were born with enhanced abilities before developing them. If you want to be better or be able to control it is to meditate.

thanks! ill try meditating and see where it gets me. hopefully my abilities arent limited at where they are at right now. lol

That would scare me... honestly. I've been waking up between 3:18 and 3:48 a lot lately...

I definitely agree with Divinity's response - meditation is the way to go. Going along with that, you may also want to practice concentration exercises (they work hand in hand).

I think that random number association that we notice is our own internal mechanism mirroring our own efforts and organizing our world or some aspect of it. If you are working on a relationship, cataloging your CD collections, I know those might seem ill examples but that is the frame of mind and those efforts manifest in us seeing patterns in other unrelated areas, such as numbers. It is also like when you buy a car you start seeing everyone else having the same type while before you did not notice it as much.

i was in school near to the end of luch and i had this really weird felling that the fire alarm was gonna go off. and while i was in regesration afterwards there was i fire drill and all the alarms went off like they do but i was really freaked out by this. im convinced that everyone would have a vision or a feeling about something that will happen in the future

i was in school near to the end of luch and i had this really weird felling that the fire alarm was gonna go off. and while i was in regesration afterwards there was i fire drill and all the alarms went off like they do but i was really freaked out by this. im convinced that everyone would have a vision or a feeling about something that will happen in the future

Can you learn to spell right so we can understand what you are saying?

Edited by Eric Raven The Skeptic

Those are called hunches.

Maybe you shouldnt dwell on things like numbers or thinking bad stuffs going to happen. I know it sounds silly but people get obsessed with things like this and it can end up ruining their lives. Wow I sound like im trying to be all superior. I dont mean it like that, and thats pretty extreme, but the mind is a delicate thing and easily manipulated into feelings that arent necessarily real.

this might sound like a stupid question, but im interested. all i wanted to know is theres anyway to strenghten your abilities? iv always had the ability to see signs and numers and such in my dreams and sometimes life. but recently its been happing alot more often. just the other day out of no where i woke up at about 5 30 am and just heard a flock of crows outside my window. mind u we rarely see any crows round here let alone a whole group of them. when i heard it i automaticly knew it was a prediction for something bad that was to happen (cause thats what it usually means), and sure enought later that day i called one of my friends and she told me that her uncle died that morning. also iv been seeing alot of # recently. like, every day for whatever reason i keep lookin up at the clock at exactly either 11:11 or 1:11. this 1111 things been going on for months now. please let me know if anyone can help. i would really like to develep my abilities a bit more.

There are no psychic abilities, or at least no reason to believe that they exist.

Edited by Wombat

I agree..... meditation is an excellent tool to increase psychic abilities.... also, journaling dreams keeps the mind sharp towards tapping the subconscious mind and its ability to help you manifest.

There are no psychic abilities, or at least no reason to believe that they exist.

Thankyou. My advice for the opener. Take up a hobby. It will be a lot more productive.

I agree..... meditation is an excellent tool to increase psychic abilities.... also, journaling dreams keeps the mind sharp towards tapping the subconscious mind and its ability to help you manifest.

On what do you base these assertions?

and using ur ability. dont get freaked out by the things u see or even the things u think u see. don't try to not do it. but also u need to keep ur feet on the ground over this.

Min xx

Why are people so eager to learn all the "techniques" before they bother to find out whether it is even possible?

I guess reality is too boring or complicated for those people. Living in a senseless delusion might be more fun.

Why are people so eager to learn all the "techniques" before they bother to find out whether it is even possible?

I guess reality is too boring or complicated for those people. Living in a senseless delusion might be more fun.

Not quite so. We know these abilities are real because we have exprienced them. An exprience which you don't have. Which is, therefore, the difference between a believer and a skeptic. I have exprienced some intuition. Which I know that is better for me if I follow my instincts. Thats why I know. But I also know its not really strong. Therefore the practise. But you won't understand I feel. As in the same way, I don't understand you either. If you want to ask me why I believe in a totally unproven ability, I will say, I have proven it to myself. And if you ask, why not prove it to you too, I will simply tell you. I don't have the wish or the time. Nor do I think I need to prove it to you. You want proof, prove to yourself. If you won't, I will know you don't have the intrest to do so either.

Not quite so. We know these abilities are real because we have exprienced them. An exprience which you don't have. Which is, therefore, the difference between a believer and a skeptic. I have exprienced some intuition. Which I know that is better for me if I follow my instincts. Thats why I know. But I also know its not really strong. Therefore the practise. But you won't understand I feel. As in the same way, I don't understand you either. If you want to ask me why I believe in a totally unproven ability, I will say, I have proven it to myself. And if you ask, why not prove it to you too, I will simply tell you. I don't have the wish or the time. Nor do I think I need to prove it to you. You want proof, prove to yourself. If you won't, I will know you don't have the intrest to do so either.

No, you think you've experienced something. Just about anyone can be convinced about just about anything, no matter how crazy. But they are never able to provide any evidence for their assertions.

It is me who exprienced it. Not you. How do you know for sure I think. Cause I wish to tell you. I don't "think" I know. Evidence, is gathered by me, for me. If you don't believe, theres nothing I can do. But I believe. There is nothing you can do. Remain by your own beliefs and I shall remain by my own. We shall see who is right when the time comes.

Technique serves at least two functions. First, it creates the role of teacher. There is some truth to the saying "Those who can, do; those who can't, teach."

There is no prize for finding the teachers-who-cannot hereabouts.

Second, technique provides a built-in excuse for failure. You did the ritual wrong.

I mean, you just have to laugh, no offence meant

Abilities you can get through a meditation, but correct meditation.

Meditation is the evocation of the relaxation response, a physiological consequence of sitting down, shutting up, and staying that way for a few minutes. Yes, you have practice a few times to get the hang of it. How unusual, so different from other skills, like riding a bicycle.

But you would be hard put thereafter to do it incorrectly. Yet signs and wonders do not ensue.

Obviously, there are two possibilities. There are no signs and wonders, or you're doing it wrong. Guess which one is going to be "taught"?

With elaborate ritual, it will simply never happen that an unbroken record of failure will ever have to be examined. Besides, it won't be an unbroken, there will be endless "it almost worked," and the occasional success, where the greatest pattern-recognition device in the biosphere, the brain, manages to anticipate some real-world event.

You can see the same little drama played out for things that uncontroversially do exist, like lucid dreaming. That's really safe to teach: there is no way anybody else could possibly know whether the teacher can do it or not.

At least with fake psychic gurus, sooner or later somebody will notice that teacher always has an excuse for not demonstrating his or her skills. What really happens in dreams will never get out.

You wouldn't believe some of the stuff that is proposed as "techniques" for "inducing lucid dreams." "XYZ-ILD" (acronym names for techniques such as MILD, WILD, ...) is an in-joke in that community, like "XYZ-kinesis" is a joke around here.

It is me who exprienced it. Not you. How do you know for sure I think. Cause I wish to tell you. I don't "think" I know. Evidence, is gathered by me, for me. If you don't believe, theres nothing I can do. But I believe. There is nothing you can do. Remain by your own beliefs and I shall remain by my own. We shall see who is right when the time comes.

Well now you are just declaring you have evidence, but you aren't able to produce any. Pretty sad really.

Amen to you Sporkling..... ;)