Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Hunters vs. PRS vs. Most Haunted!?

Pluto-x

Well said Pol... I'm a fan of TAPS, I really like them alot & the way they do things. As far as PRS, I'm not a fan of the show & of the way they do things but to each their own. Who's to say their methods are right or wrong, it's just different. There are so many groups out there that have different approaches & if that's what works for them then more power to them . People just need to keep in mind that the production companies for both shows have the ability to make each team look however they want by editing it how they want. TAPS is more scientific & want hardcore evidence... PRS is more spiritual & focus more on helping the client by spending hours & hours on researching the property, the area etc. It's 2 completely different ways. I know alot of people dislike PRS because of their methods but it's the way they've done things from the beginning, they're not going to change now because they're now on tv & it's not what people want to see. Every group finds their own way of doing things, that's what makes every group unique.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pluto-x

• LIGhostChick

• Plainbob13

• NoahJaymes

"Plainbob13 --

It is terrible how PS treated you and your team. I mean there is no excuse for that.

In the paranormal field, teams should help each other out, not pull things like that."

Sorry that was not me. I think it's pluto's grp that had that happen.

thank you Lady-B...

grin2.gif

And I totally agree, and that's where I respect Ghost Hunters a lot! They give credit where credit is due.

Your welcome, and sorry about the mix-up!

Ghost hunters there ok but they never to real haunted places they always go to real cheesey places to look for ghost.

Well said Pol... I'm a fan of TAPS, I really like them alot & the way they do things. As far as PRS, I'm not a fan of the show & of the way they do things but to each their own. Who's to say their methods are right or wrong, it's just different. There are so many groups out there that have different approaches & if that's what works for them then more power to them . People just need to keep in mind that the production companies for both shows have the ability to make each team look however they want by editing it how they want. TAPS is more scientific & want hardcore evidence... PRS is more spiritual & focus more on helping the client by spending hours & hours on researching the property, the area etc. It's 2 completely different ways. I know alot of people dislike PRS because of their methods but it's the way they've done things from the beginning, they're not going to change now because they're now on tv & it's not what people want to see. Every group finds their own way of doing things, that's what makes every group unique.

There is NO EXPERT in our field.

With all of these shows on t.v., we all have to keep in mind they are "For Entertainment Purposes" only. I wish everyone would stop making all of these teams on t.v. and make them to be Paranormal gods!? Just because they are on t.v. doesn't make them an expert.

They may be very knowledgeable and experienced, but they are still giving you their opinions and nothing more. Take it with a grain of salt. Everything we do in our community is based upon theories. Its all trial and error since none of this can be proven 100%

Hello Pol.

This is the first time that I've encountered you in the forum. So welcome.

Suppose for a second that Paranormal State's methods are the most accurate way of ghost hunting... that Penn State guy is doing a service for some people that are distressed over something they cant quite explain. At the very least, I would want him helping people and coming back with no evidence but having put some peoples' minds at ease.

I'd really like to be able to do that even for the sake of argument, but honestly I can't. I don't believe in their methods and I believe that their methods may cause more harm in the long run than honest skepticism.

If they aren't attempting to look for evidence of paranormal activity or alternative answers for the claims then they aren't helping. PRS is taking advantage of peoples beliefs and are using peoples beliefs to their own ends. The problem with not looking for alternative explanations or evidence is that there may be other things not considered by PRS which may be the problem. Example. It may be someone having an undiagnosed mental heath issue. Telling them without proof that they or their space is haunted may aggravate that condition.

That guy is putting himself in a position to possibly be fending off Belial? Or having the duty of putting a murder victims' soul to rest? While the guys from TAPS chase some dead sailor's spirit around a traumatic place, or pose as the John who killed a prostitute? All for a photo?

How can you be sure that he is putting himself in a position to be fending off a being named Belial? You only have the word of a TV personality/s for that.

Paranormal state is a difference of ideologies for spirits while TAPS could be investigating ball lightning.

Don't get so down on Paranormal State, they mean well... they just have alittle different way of going about it.

"They are us and we are them."

-Pol

PRS could be investigating ball lightening as well... yet by only using their ideologies (instead of a scientific process) they will most likely report it as a orb.

Please don't misconstrue critiques of the show or their methods as being negative of the idea of paranormal investigations.

TAPS isn't perfect but they are trying to get evidence to support or debunk claims. While I realize that evidence isn't important for personal belief, if an individual is trying to look at the phenomena through a scientific process, there has to be evidence to support the claim.

Regards,

Mabon.

PRS could be investigating ball lightening as well... yet by only using their ideologies (instead of a scientific process) they will most likely report it as a orb.

Please don't misconstrue critiques of the show or their methods as being negative of the idea of paranormal investigations.

TAPS isn't perfect but they are trying to get evidence to support or debunk claims. While I realize that evidence isn't important for personal belief, if an individual is trying to look at the phenomena through a scientific process, there has to be evidence to support the claim.

Well put. When investigating a haunted place, you just can't take someone's word on it that a place is haunted. Or that the pen moving, moved because of a ghost. If you try to debunk something, and you are not able to, then that leaves you with something you can't explain.

Thank you both, Pluto X and Lady Boleyn.

I do agree with you Pluto X that one day someone is going to be sued and/or put in jail over it. To me it's just a matter of time.

In a way it kind of makes me laugh (in a sad tragic way) that paranormal doesn't mean ghosts, spirits or all the other associated stuff. It's just a phenomena that we currently can't explain. Sure we can and sometimes do explain the events as beliefs established by our ancestors. Yet history has shown us that not all those beliefs were correct. I really do pinch myself sometimes and wonder if I am in the 21st century.

Regards,

Mabon.

Big fan of ghosthunters but they need to get rid of that

background music or the sounds. Can't hear the thumps and

sounds of the 'ghosts' when they say 'what was that?'

Other than that they did catch some pretty wild stuff on

camera and evp work.

LOL. I just had to share this one. This is from the A&E PS forum.

The poster of this little bit of fan sunshine insulted the family of a friend. When my friend replied to his comment with his on insult this was the PSfan's threat.

Psfan512.

Oh, I hope you do. And I pray that you try to stir some s&*t while you are there. Bring it on!!!!

BUT you had better have some of your friends and family ready with bail money if you do.

Maybe your buddies here on this board will take up a collection...

So. Beside threaten to sue people. He is threatening to have people arrested for insults. LMAO. Man this is funny and sad at the same time.

There is NO EXPERT in our field.

With all of these shows on t.v., we all have to keep in mind they are "For Entertainment Purposes" only. I wish everyone would stop making all of these teams on t.v. and make them to be Paranormal gods!? Just because they are on t.v. doesn't make them an expert.

They may be very knowledgeable and experienced, but they are still giving you their opinions and nothing more. Take it with a grain of salt. Everything we do in our community is based upon theories. Its all trial and error since none of this can be proven 100%

I never said ANYONE was an expert. I also said that I am NOT a fan or PRS's methods & views. But it's what works for THEM. Being on tv doesnt make them anything different than what they were before they had a show. The "groupies" that make TAPS & PRS "paranormal gods" are not investigators or even in the paranormal field. Those people are just fans of the shows that watch it for the thrills. I know that on those shows it's nothing but their views & opinions. I make my own based on my own experiences & research.

LOL. I just had to share this one. This is from the A&E PS forum.

The poster of this little bit of fan sunshine insulted the family of a friend. When my friend replied to his comment with his on insult this was the PSfan's threat.

Psfan512.

Oh, I hope you do. And I pray that you try to stir some s&*t while you are there. Bring it on!!!!

BUT you had better have some of your friends and family ready with bail money if you do.

So. Beside threaten to sue people. He is threatening to have people arrested for insults. LMAO. Man this is funny and sad at the same time.

LMAO!!! Hahahaha! :lol:

Ridiculous if you ask me.

Psfan512.

:lol:

Oh that is too funny!

Have you ever seen Ryan Buell try to antagonize a ghost? On numerous occassions TAPS have used insults to invoke a manifestation.

Thats a great way to show appreciation for the dead.

-Pol

;) Never get to see Paranormal State so i can't really comment on them.But i don't agree with TAPS trying to provoke spirits.

For one thing it's disrespectful to that spirit,plus you don't know who or what you are dealing with.Not everybody in life was Little Mary Sunshine,so if say they go investigate Bob's house,and Bob was a jerk in real life,he's going to be a jerk in the afterlife too.So if they get punched or shoved or whatever,

by Bob, well it's their own fault for that.

Watch the episode where Dustin and Dave are in the Bloody Chapel at Leap Castle.First, Barry Fitzgerald tells everyone about the elemental,he describes it,and says if you poke this thing with a stick,it's going to poke back. So Dustin and Dave are up in the chapel.What happens, the camera man gets pushed.The guy is just standing there filming,not causing problems,and this elemental or whatever shoves him,This should have been the first warning not to provoke it. They see a green light,and a face and assume it is the murdered priest,killed by his brother,the warrior Tieg. Again Barry earlier told Jason and the guys this thing can appear to take on human shape,like when another group saw a lady in red,but it was really this thing.

So they go and provoke this spirit in the chapel,and what happens,Dustin gets picked up and slammed down by this thing.He also comments about the stale rubber smell.This was the elemental,they were given a small whiff of it's smell.Barry said it smells like a decayed corspe,which Dustin and Dave only got a little bit of its odor.

When Dustin is out of there and he's talking to Dave, he mentions feeling ill,and you can hear clearly a man laughing in the background. Someone on their forum picked up on it.If you have it recorded or buy I think it's season three,you can hear it on the dvd quite clearly.This was not any of the sound or camera crew or the team.It was some spirit who thought this was funny.Some laugh.That's why provoking is a dumb idea.

I agree that provoking is a really bad idea. You could p*** a spirit off & could have really bad consequences.

I agree...

We don't provoke. We just try asking detailed questions about the time period, how they feel, who they are, kind of like just getting to know them type of thing. We've gotten a lot of responses and sometimes direct answers. You can still get the same results without having to provoke!

Provoking is a dangerous line. EVP work is the same as conjuring a spirit. Or close to conjuring...

When you do it, you never know what you are inviting into our world.

Provoking is a dangerous line. EVP work is the same as conjuring a spirit. Or close to conjuring...

I would put "conjuring" in the same group as using magic or spells to cause a spirit to come to you.

If something is there asking it for a name etc. I don't think is so bad.

Then again I have met people who believe that asking for a name or a sign etc. is "calling out" a spirit and confrontational. Usually very spiritual people themselves. See CW's post over on the Ghost forum.

I have recently only started watching 'Most Haunted' ever since Ghost Hunter's rekindled my love for these paranormal type shows. I still don't know what to Make of Most Haunted, I do like Derek, and think he is the bomb as a Spiritual Medium, but that Eyvette Fielding chick needs to go! I don't know about anyone else, but does she annoy you too? I have also read a few things online about Most Haunted faking a majority of their evidence to, what does everyone else think?

When Yvette was on some paranormal radio show as a guest, she admitted that Dereck is a fake & that they've had to fake things for dramatic purposes. There's even a clip on you tube (I think) of faking the table tipping thing they do. Most Haunted is a joke, the only thing worth watching on that is the awesome locations they get to go to.

LOL...

What amazes me is how such people like Most Haunted even get into places they get into?

With the bad reviews they get, why are these locations welcoming them with such open arms? It hurts their credibility too.

LOL...

What amazes me is how such people like Most Haunted even get into places they get into?

With the bad reviews they get, why are these locations welcoming them with such open arms? It hurts their credibility too.

For me, Its the places they go. I know i'll never have the money to go see them. So i like watching and seeing them on the show. Besides MostHaunted is a WOOT. It's like watching a really bad B-movie. All you can do is laugh your butt off.

Even bad press is better then no press.

Edited by Plainbob13

When Yvette was on some paranormal radio show as a guest, she admitted that Dereck is a fake & that they've had to fake things for dramatic purposes. There's even a clip on you tube (I think) of faking the table tipping thing they do. Most Haunted is a joke, the only thing worth watching on that is the awesome locations they get to go to.

I don't suppose you know where I can see this YouTube clip do you? I tried searching, I couldn't find it, but maybe I am searching for the wrong thing.

Edited by Jasak