Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Hunters vs. PRS vs. Most Haunted!?

Pluto-x

I dont remember... I saw it a while back. But I did hear her interview on that radio show & she revealed alot of things which pretty much discredits the show more than ever.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pluto-x

• LIGhostChick

• Plainbob13

• NoahJaymes

You can find clips of the MH crew being less-than-kosher at Bad Psychics.

Ciaran O'Keefe (MH resident parapsychologist) also rumbled Derek being fed information from production crew - the unfortunate thespian managed to get 'possessed' by a spirit whose name was an anagram of "Derek Faker", mentioned in passing by Ciaran to a member of staff.

Journalist Will Storr in his rather good Will Storr vs. the Supernatural includes a chapter on MH from his perpsective as an 'official observer', and paints a rather different picture of the 'feel' of the night than you get by watching it. It includes planned 'incidents', and a clear case of intentionally misconstruing normal events as paranormal.

It is a silly programme.

i watched it about 15 to 20 times,i wanted to like it,but the more i watched the more stupid it became.

paranormal state was a lot better than these jerkoffs are!

LOL...

What amazes me is how such people like Most Haunted even get into places they get into?

With the bad reviews they get, why are these locations welcoming them with such open arms? It hurts their credibility too.

Most Haunted has a very large following and have for years. Its no secret Derek was fired for faking possessions, and the show made that public. You must remember this is not a show filmed in the states but the UK. Since Derek left and David Wells took over, Ive seen some pretty good stuff, and some amazing dwellings and scenery. They have been around for a long time, and I believe it will stay that way. Why wouldnt they let them in? Just because some think its fake, doesnt mean the UK feels that way. They get into places the same way TAPS and PRS does..JN

I admit, I like David Wells far better than Derek (bless his heart)..I'm not saying Derek was 100 fabricated either. I believe he has/had the ability somewhere in his past, just lost the sense of it. David Wells, there is something far more genuine about that guy, & I can't say why I think that way-

I admit, I like David Wells far better than Derek (bless his heart)..I'm not saying Derek was 100 fabricated either. I believe he has/had the ability somewhere in his past, just lost the sense of it. David Wells, there is something far more genuine about that guy, & I can't say why I think that way-

I find David very credible. He never over acts, or plays it up, he just goes with what he feels. I like his nature and humor. I believe he is a very strong medium. Derek had abilities, but he went Hollywood, and just blew it for himself, and it really took a toll on the show. I also like and respect Dr. Ciarin O'Keefe, he is a strong skeptic but adds alot to the show. I have watched that show forever lol but what drives me crazy is not the people, but the lighting or lack there of. I noticed lately they do use night vision and thermal so they are getting there. JN

In my opinion... TAPS hands down!

Amen to that.

I used to think of Most Haunted as one of my favorite comedy shows. Now it just annoys me somewhat.

I do like TAPS/Ghost Hunters, but I sometimes wonder about some of their "evidence."

Most haunted is, or was for me, a comical release. Especially when Derek was on the program. As far as more serious Ghost hunting I'd have to go for TAPS. like the show.

I cant even say it enough how annoying Yvette is & Dereck... well how many times can a person become possessed lol.

It's hard to say if I like Most Haunted or Ghost Hunters better.

Wait, hear me out.

Most Haunted has definitely given us more comical moments that any other paranormal investigation program. The Derek years were particularly hilarious, and not just because of the strangling noises Derek made while "possessed." It was also Yvette's reactions to any spooky noise that totally made the show for me. I've seen her heave Derek aside like a hay bale on her way out the door.

Those were the days! And who can forget Stuart getting beat up by that ghost in the barn (who attacked by making him trip over some loose boards)?

Even with the mellower David Wells, the show still has its moments. Like on MH Live when Karl became "possessed" and threw Stuart over a railing.

The closest thing I've seen on Ghost Hunters was "dude, run!" Which was pretty awesome, I must admit.

In all seriousness, GH gets a lot more footage that I find interesting, but seeing Ciaran's work on MH makes me wish GH would hire a parapsychologist.

Paranormal State just makes me cringe. "And sometimes, we are warriors." Laffo!

Those were the days! And who can forget Stuart getting beat up by that ghost in the barn (who attacked by making him trip over some loose boards)?

Even with the mellower David Wells, the show still has its moments. Like on MH Live when Karl became "possessed" and threw Stuart over a railing.

:lol::w00t: Those episodes were so ridiculous that they were hilarious. I wanted to turn the channel put I just couldnt, I had to see what they would do next.

In MH, I think David is rather funny when he's scared because he gives this little bleat when he cries out.

I was watching one night when David said that a spirit had previously "killed animals." He was referring to rabbits which the man had skinned inside the house. I gathered that, to David's mind, this made that person an "evil spirit."

Apparently, David has never heard of hunting and how people, both good and evil, had to depend on hunting in order to survive in years past. (And sometimes in the present.) In the 17th century, for example, it wasn't like you could drive down to the local supermarket in your Prius and buy some organic vegetables and tofu. You had to shoot rabbits, then skin them before you cooked them. And, they say, they're pretty tasty too!

:D

:lol::w00t: Those episodes were so ridiculous that they were hilarious. I wanted to turn the channel put I just couldnt, I had to see what they would do next.

:lol: So true & so ridiculous, I felt almost guilty for watching it. Gotta love it though. :lol:

Paranormal State just makes me cringe. "And sometimes, we are warriors." Laffo!

OMG!! The "WARRIORS" tripe!! LMAO!! That jargon he says makes me sick. Not to mention when he says "director's log." Just... UUUGGH!!

:lol: So true & so ridiculous, I felt almost guilty for watching it. Gotta love it though. :lol:

I definately felt guilty but I just couldnt help myself.

Most haunted is, or was for me, a comical release. Especially when Derek was on the program. As far as more serious Ghost hunting I'd have to go for TAPS. like the show.

Do you remember Mary loves Dick? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEP0usvErRI

^_^

Do you remember Mary loves Dick? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEP0usvErRI

^_^

I cant believe people actually watch that show for the "paranormal" aspects of it. It's so staged & faked it's ridiculous.