Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Hunters vs. PRS vs. Most Haunted!?

Pluto-x

Well I watched my first full episode of Paranormal State, it's just started here in England.

My first impression was how young they were, that the girl who was titled as the Counsellor looked about 12 and they were all smirking, like they were trying not to laugh.

This was the one with the lady and her teenage son with the Demon (who had been following the lead investigator for weeks), they called Lorraine Warren in in the end and buggered off and left her.

It was interesting to see a new format, but hard to take seriously at all.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pluto-x

• LIGhostChick

• Plainbob13

• NoahJaymes

Well I watched my first full episode of Paranormal State, it's just started here in England.

Oh really? What channel's that? I bet I don't get it!

Paranormal State is completely different that Ghost Hunters, just keep that in mind when you watch the rest of the episodes. PRS are young, they started as college students of Penn State. Also keep in mind that production can make them look inexperienced & stiff. A&E takes days of investigations & tried to squeeze it into 22 minutes of show. They're a nice bunch of kids.

Paranormal State is completely different that Ghost Hunters, just keep that in mind when you watch the rest of the episodes. PRS are young, they started as college students of Penn State. Also keep in mind that production can make them look inexperienced & stiff. A&E takes days of investigations & tried to squeeze it into 22 minutes of show. They're a nice bunch of kids.

I'm sure they're very nice. The show seemed heavily scripted, and the "Captains Log" bit reminds me of Star Trek. I'll watch it again though, I didn't hate it which I was expecting to after reading some earlier comments on here.

I think it's on Living2 but I don't know for sure, when it gets recorded next I'll pop back and post where it's shown.

I think it's on Living2 but I don't know for sure, when it gets recorded next I'll pop back and post where it's shown.

Thanks. If it's not on Freeview, I don't get it, anyway. Probably for the best!!

I'm sure they're very nice. The show seemed heavily scripted, and the "Captains Log" bit reminds me of Star Trek. I'll watch it again though, I didn't hate it which I was expecting to after reading some earlier comments on here.

Give it time. PSBS is a really bad joke for paranormal investigations.

Most Haunted is bad for paranormal investigations! Makes the field look like a big joke.

Yes it's a terrible programme, such a load of rubbish. In fact, I never, ever watch it anymore, I'm loathed to give it my rating!

Most Haunted is bad for paranormal investigations! Makes the field look like a big joke.

Yes it is bad for the field. . .but hopefully most take it for its entertainment value rather than taking it as a real depiction of an investigation. I haven't seen any of the newer episodes. . . I forgot when they come on to be honest. . .I stopped watching it after a while because it lost its humor. . .but I'm sure its been long enough for me to turn it back on and get a good laugh out of everything like I used to. In the entertainment aspect, I like Most Haunted. . .as a serious show. . .no no. I think there were a few times I actually laughed til I cried over those silly "possessions". . .

Paranormal State holds some laughs for me, but not as many as Most Haunted. I had a good laughing spell over the whole Belial thing, but all the "demon" stuff bored me more than humored me. . .so I'd have to say I like it the least out of the three.

Ghost Hunters, definitely the best. . .its the only one I watch religiously. :P

Edited by Sweetsalem82103

Paranormal State holds some laughs for me, but not as many as Most Haunted. I had a good laughing spell over the whole Belial thing, but all the "demon" stuff bored me more than humored me. . .so I'd have to say I like it the least out of the three.

This has just started airing here in the UK, were on the Demon part - are they serious, do they seriously believe it's been following them or is it some sort of scripted drama, I can't make it out.

This has just started airing here in the UK, were on the Demon part - are they serious, do they seriously believe it's been following them or is it some sort of scripted drama, I can't make it out.

Check out plainbob13's post on pg. 3, it goes into more detail about Ryan and what he believes is going on. :)

I also wanted to add that Ghost Hunters is my choice of the 3; they seem to be willing to look at other reasons whereas MH and PRS seem to be more entertainment-oriented. :yes:

Edited by tcgram

lol @ Pluto X's tantrum.

but that Eyvette Fielding chick needs to go!

No way! I would boycott the show without Yvette she is my favorite (I seem to have an odd obsession :lol:), she's really funny at times, like in one episode David Wells said that a spirit had said 'Bye, b****' to her, she called it a 'Cheeky ****er', that gave me a good laugh.

I'm not surprised that Most Haunted have faked some incidents (but at least they admit to it, which is far more than can be said for some) as I would imagine the network would probably have their knickers in a knot if they had spent all the expenses on a location and they came back with very little that could be used for an episode (perhaps O'Keefe is an indication of conscience about this). I also have to say that I am extremely impressed with Dr.Ciaran O'Keefe and the fact that he gets a segment at the end to offer his views without the show showing what has been recorded as blindly accepted as paranormal without any contest.

Now, we all know about the accusations of fraud against Acorah which makes me think have their ever been any accusations of fraud against David Wells with anything to back them up? The reason I ask as a skeptic I find it much harder to discount his work, with Acorah there was so much showmanship that many would find him rather easy to spot as a fake when Wells at the very least gives the impression of being much more genuine.

... MARY LOVES DICK!!!

Edited by Affliction

i don't like any of them. they exaggerate way too much

Edited by Open your mind