Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

does anyone else feel a change is coming?

telirium

I'm skeptical of damn near everything that doesn't have good evidence to back it up, but I can say this:

I DO feel like something big is about to happen in the world, something that will shake our reality up. I've felt it since I was younger, and it gets stronger as time goes by. I used to think I was...special, or something - deeply involved in whatever was about to happen. I never experienced anything I couldn't explain, except the feeling of something big looming in the future for mankind.

It may be a side effect of getting older, but I'll be damned if I don't know what you mean. It's hard to explain, but I know. As I got older, I realized that it probably wasn't something that hinged on me directly, but something that will involve everybody.

I just hope I'm on the right side of whatever it is when it happens.

Edited by Moonie2012

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• John from Lowell

• BlackFrost

• (Moonlight)

I feel a bit like that sometimes, but I think its just because day to day routine gets very chlostrophobic after a while! lol. We are due (probably overdue!) for the next huge scientific breakthrough though arent we?

Welcome back BurnSide. Glad to hear you had a great year of exploring.

As far as the energy can't be created or destroyed comment, I have to say that is true but it is transfered. To put it more succinct it is used somewhere else. For example and this will be abit offensive to some, but lets use our bodies for example. The energy can't be destroyed or created is accurate, however I use to believe that upon death that energy would be transmitted to a higher plain. I have now changed my mind on that. I believe that the electrical impulses in our brain upon death is used to start to transfer our bodies back into the earth aka decomposition. Hence as many years ago when we were buried after death without fancy coffins or tombs our bodies were taken back by the earth. Such as when you bury a pet in the backyard so to say that ground would become more fertile hence we lived we consumed from the earth and we give back to the earth with our bodies making the ground fertile again. OK that was abit off topic lol.

As far as a change, well I do think mankind is on the verge of a discovery that could change the way all humans think and perceive this world and the universe as a whole. I have no idea what it could be but again as the OP said it's a feeling.

Oh look at that my 4000 th post was to BurnSide B)

Edited by The Silver Thong

hey Burnside, i really appreciate you sharing with us your story of "self-exploration". it was really enlightening. i also wanted to share with everyone something that i've posted on this forum before. it's a 3 part video concerning the mayan calendar and where we are headed as we embark on our next great evolution: the evolution of the mind. please try and be open minded everyone. take it for what it is.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-489786527478456160

Thank you Silver! Glad to see you're still around.

Novel idea, your belief about energy transfered back to earth through decomposition and whatnot is kind of a very crude but realistic Gaia theory, somewhat. Very interesting way to see the passage of energy.

Great post John A, you made me feel better about my ideas right there.

It's interesting to see the different views people are accepting or formulating that all revolve around central themes. Definitely makes you think.

No one knows me on this site anymore.

Before I left I was a very prominant member, and known across this board for my skeptism and enthusiastic logics.

I know you sweetie..... :wub:

Great to see you back and I see you haven't given up smoking yet...... :P

Burnsy I know of the Gaia theory, but I'm not one that believes in it. The earth is a recycling machine and no matter what we do the earth will eventually reclaim what we have taken from it including us. Be that metals, water, dirt what have you, the earth reclaims everything, well except what we shoot into space. The earth is not alive but gives life and for that cycle to continue it must reclaim what is earth and that is everything. Crude yes, but true. As far as someone having an inner enlightenment on what is in store for us, eh don't buy it. However a change is coming and know one knows what it may be.

I know you sweetie..... :wub:

Great to see you back and I see you haven't given up smoking yet...... :P

Thanks Mum! No, i haven't quit, I ment too.. but.. yanno.................

However a change is coming and know one knows what it may be.

Indeed! It's the suprise that makes it most exciting anyway lol.

:blink:Wow, I thought I was the only person who felt this way.

I feel like we (as a planet and/or civilization) are on the "verge of something." I don't know what, or whether it's good or bad. :hmm: (I'm hoping good.)

Or maybe I'm feeling overly emotional?...

Actually the Gaia principle says that the earth as a whole is alive. The earth is a living entity by virtue of all of the life force within her embrace.

Burnsy I know of the Gaia theory, but I'm not one that believes in it. The earth is a recycling machine and no matter what we do the earth will eventually reclaim what we have taken from it including us. Be that metals, water, dirt what have you, the earth reclaims everything, well except what we shoot into space. The earth is not alive but gives life and for that cycle to continue it must reclaim what is earth and that is everything. Crude yes, but true. As far as someone having an inner enlightenment on what is in store for us, eh don't buy it. However a change is coming and know one knows what it may be.

Off topic but damnit, i just spent two minutes trying to squat that virtual big off my screen.

Still used to jungle bugs crawling over my laptop haha.

Off topic but damnit, i just spent two minutes trying to squat that virtual big off my screen.

Still used to jungle bugs crawling over my laptop haha.

I posted elsewhere that I should have taken the screen name: "fly in the ointment."

the way the world is being ran there will eventually be a world wide rate of rebelions, deaths and chaos. hopefully life will improve for everyone soon or after the rebelions.

simple people simply breath

complicated people have to figure out why before they can.

this being a summary of Stupidity of Progress.

if we will need food why is half the country obese

if we need to save gas why does everyone choose the Suv over tiny car or better yet a bicycle.

if drugs and sex bad why are they the staple for advirtising. [dare ya to count]

yep thats karma at the door bringin a good boot in the rear.

The only change I see or feel coming is the fall of the United States.

I see the United States losing it prominence in world affairs. We have nothing left to offer. We gave up our manufacturing to Japan, Mexico and China. We are allowing free admission without consequences to illegal aliens. Our credibility as a world peace leader is almost non-existent and our dollar is worth less every day. In the past we bullied our way around the world by offering much needed financial aid, with the current trend of the dollar devaluation, I see this coming to an abrupt end. I see the European Union and China having a go at it.

YES ~ ever since I was a little girl.. I KNEW I would be witnessing a major event. Then in the mid 90's things started heating up... I believe our REALITY is about to change (quite probably causing fright to the lemmings out there (lemmings=unaware/unawakened). I am feeling a paradym shift that may include a re-wiring of our DNA (or "a turning on" of this so called junk dna that scientists are referring to) , but also the changes in the electromagnetic field and the Earth's Rising Base Frequency Earth's background base frequency, or "heartbeat," (called Schumann resonance)... I think the Mayans were well aware of this time in earths history. Time is speeding up. Strange things are happening around the globe. Reality changing will freak out most minds... I feel I have to try and prepare myself for my mind taking a leap into an unknown zone ~ and I pray that I and those I care for ~ will survive that change.

Hello,

I think the world is slowly positioning itself for war. There are some definite clues in the media, with some power changes definitely occuring.

Some may disagree with me on this one, but I think this is a result of capitalism going out of control. We have these oil wars, which are driving petrol prices up, cost of housing is becoming unaffordable for the average citizen, cost of food is on the rise due to global climate disruptions, unemployment is gradually slowing down as we see world economies decline...

People have lost the "big picture", if you like. Everyone's out to make money, drive the best cars, live the lavish lifestyles in so called "McMansions". Plasma TV's, 4WD's (SUV's), huge homes with 5 bedrooms housing 2 people, etc. Don't get me wrong, if you can afford it, by all means go for it, but is it really necessary?

For example: I live in Melb, Oz. Currently, the median house price is around $400K. Of course, if you venture out in the suburbs, you could find a house for about $260K, but those areas are rampant with crime and people would not live there if you paid them. So, for someone who's on an average wage of $50K per year, there's no way you could afford a mortgage on a house, along with utility bills (which have recently gone up in Victoria), along with petrol (which is nearing $1.60AUD per litre). Its extremely difficult to get into the rent market as well, with rents in the city areas well and above $2K per month. So, you can't drive, you can't get a decent house, you can't get a better job to pay for everything you need...there's only way to go and that's down.

I'm still deciding whether to believe reports that a major environmental catastrophy will happen in 2009, followed by a major change in 2012 but I can definitely see a change coming up nevertheless. This type of living cannot continue without some form of repercussion.

And then of course you've got the over-population problem. I sense a war with the intent of culling population numbers. With so many countries now equipped with nuclear weapons, its only a matter of time.

Thanks for reading!

Hello,

I think the world is slowly positioning itself for war. There are some definite clues in the media, with some power changes definitely occuring.

Some may disagree with me on this one, but I think this is a result of capitalism going out of control. We have these oil wars, which are driving petrol prices up, cost of housing is becoming unaffordable for the average citizen, cost of food is on the rise due to global climate disruptions, unemployment is gradually slowing down as we see world economies decline...

People have lost the "big picture", if you like. Everyone's out to make money, drive the best cars, live the lavish lifestyles in so called "McMansions". Plasma TV's, 4WD's (SUV's), huge homes with 5 bedrooms housing 2 people, etc. Don't get me wrong, if you can afford it, by all means go for it, but is it really necessary?

For example: I live in Melb, Oz. Currently, the median house price is around $400K. Of course, if you venture out in the suburbs, you could find a house for about $260K, but those areas are rampant with crime and people would not live there if you paid them. So, for someone who's on an average wage of $50K per year, there's no way you could afford a mortgage on a house, along with utility bills (which have recently gone up in Victoria), along with petrol (which is nearing $1.60AUD per litre). Its extremely difficult to get into the rent market as well, with rents in the city areas well and above $2K per month. So, you can't drive, you can't get a decent house, you can't get a better job to pay for everything you need...there's only way to go and that's down.

I'm still deciding whether to believe reports that a major environmental catastrophy will happen in 2009, followed by a major change in 2012 but I can definitely see a change coming up nevertheless. This type of living cannot continue without some form of repercussion.

And then of course you've got the over-population problem. I sense a war with the intent of culling population numbers. With so many countries now equipped with nuclear weapons, its only a matter of time.

Thanks for reading!

This world is a scary place. I sense something is going to happen, that something's got to give, so to speak, however, it's not going to shift our way until something catastrophic happens first. That's the way of the world, and mankind. I don't subscribe to "marked" years, such as 2012. Too many before us have tried prophesying and including such "marked" years in their prophesies just to have their prophesies not happen in the "marked" year.

But yes, I am in agreement with you that something is on the horizon. Exactly what, I don't know. But, it's gonna be big, and the average "Joe" isn't going to be able to withstand it economically.

Thank you for reading.

ValkyrieVoice

I do feel like there's something big that's going to go down.Not sure when,it's kind of unerving.So yeah,me too.

I see the United States losing it prominence in world affairs. We have nothing left to offer. We gave up our manufacturing to Japan, Mexico and China. We are allowing free admission without consequences to illegal aliens. Our credibility as a world peace leader is almost non-existent and our dollar is worth less every day. In the past we bullied our way around the world by offering much needed financial aid, with the current trend of the dollar devaluation, I see this coming to an abrupt end. I see the European Union and China having a go at it.

That's my view, too: the fall of the U.S. Empire and the return of China and the Roman Empire (European Union). I'm also very wired into the shifting weather patterns, and the dread of more frequent and more deadly storms. That's what I'm sensing. It's especially unnerving to have witnessed such drastic changes in weather since my youth.

That's my view, too: the fall of the U.S. Empire and the return of China and the Roman Empire (European Union). I'm also very wired into the shifting weather patterns, and the dread of more frequent and more deadly storms. That's what I'm sensing. It's especially unnerving to have witnessed such drastic changes in weather since my youth.

I watched "6 degrees could change the world" on National Geographic, and apparently Global Warming could play a big part in that.

Anyways, in regards to the first post, and I know it sounds a little strange, but when the clock struck twelve to signal the start of 2008, I went and sat outside on the steps leading to my house, in the dark. Once the fireworks had stopped, I thought for a while. (while traumatizing my mum, who didn't realize I was so close by) And... I just got this weird feeling. That this year something significant would happen. Like... a once-in-a-lifetime significance.

Of course, I could be 1) totally wrong and just got a weird feeling, 2) Could be a personal "Big change is coming!" or 3) This proves nothing. Although it is kind of fun to think of something good that might happen. And... depressing to think of what might be bad that could happen.

Just gotta wait and see, I guess.

I do feel the change. It is as if time is racing towards it. Ask a small child if the day goes by slowly as some of us remember it used to do. They will say no.

The change is the paradigm shift, the lifting of the veil, the cosmic consciousness, the next great awakening, the start of a new cycle, age, eon.

I have a feeling it is corporate globalism of currency, real estate ownership and legislation of the general public. As a lot of people have mentioned there is this ever-increasing inability to afford what was once affordable. Take housing for instance, it wasn’t too long ago that financial institutions didn’t want to own houses. Their job was to loan money and charge interest, which made them a good deal of money. Today there is a major shift in this trend. Some institutions are offering 60-year mortgages and interest only mortgages. If the average age of a person getting one of these mortgages is 30 (because college is a must to afford them) the chances are that death will occur before ownership. Interest only mortgages are self-explanatory, we are seeing the mortgage crisis that they have created in the U.S. Then there is the new ‘reverse mortgage’, where you sell your home to the ‘bank’ and they make a monthly payment to you until your death, and they own the house.

Why would there be such a reversal of policy unless there was something in it? Free money! In both cases (60-yr. And int. only) the mortgag (ee) is paying top dollar for something he/she will probably never own. When they default or die, the institution (corporation) retains ownership and can do it again. I just have this gut feeling that this is a growing trend. Here in the U.S. the once ‘valued’ dollar is almost worthless, and our President’s solution to the economic crisis is to give everyone $600 dollars. It is ludicrous, yet people here are eating it up like lollipops.

Then there is the gas crisis going on here! Everyone is saying corn ethanol will be the solution. WRONG! Corn is an inefficient way to make ethanol. It requires a lot of fertilizer and the yield per acre of corn is relatively low. And! Corn is a food! We feed our livestock and population on corn; it will drive up the cost of corn, which will drive up the cost of ethanol and food. Yet the U.S. government is putting a considerable amount of money into the development. It just doenst make sense? Until you consider the influence corporate lobbyists have on our political system.

is it just me or has anyone else been waiting for something monumental to take place? maybe social chaos? maybe ufo contact? maybe time travel? or maybe its all just wishful thinking? but if thats the case then i want to know why i have these, at times, overwhelming feelings of a desire for a change of pace?

yes i feel exactly the same.overwhelming feelings indeed of a desire for change and a new experience.it`s that feeling like im going to move far away from here and start a new life somewhere without knowing what to expect other than GREAT change .i have been drawn to the stars all my life but especially this last 2 years it`s been more intense.so maybe just maybe the change will come from the stars:) you can see great changes in the world right now but nothing universally unique n EPIC like i feel is about to happen.happy to see others feel the change is coming. In the mean time_Take care- post-60038-1209403446_thumb.jpg