Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Indiana Jones and the heap of old junk

UM-Bot

user posted image rThe 12 surviving Aztec crystal skulls are cherished by museums, revered by New-Age writers, and have a starring role in Harrison Ford's new movie. There's just one problem: they are fakes, say French experts. A drastic title change may be needed for the much-awaited, new Indiana Jones movie, which comes out next month.

Harrison Ford's comeback as Steven Spielberg's swashbuckling, fedora-wearing archaeologist is to be called Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Independent

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• goalienan

• Ghost Ship

• Wookietim

• Silmarillion

For goodness sakes! It's a fantasy movie not a doccumentary!

And in any case how can you be an "Expert" in something that has it's origins shrouded in mystery?

some people should get a life...

Now who would possibly think that the producers would use or even ask to use any of the 12 authentic skulls...I love the story about the crystal skulls, but come on........ :rolleyes:

This is just wrong. Not a good article to post.

As well there is a bit of a phenominon going on these days. Some people out there are blending reality with movie reality. This is a real problom in my opinion. Look how those activists reacted to Keith legers death and he was just an actor in Brokeback Mountain. They even protested at his funeral.

It was just a movie

Catchy title: Indiana Jones and the heap of old junk

When is it coming out?

Now who would possibly think that the producers would use or even ask to use any of the 12 authentic skulls...I love the story about the crystal skulls, but come on........ :rolleyes:

Actually the article is talking about the original skulls - not the ones used in the movie.... It helps to actually read the article sometimes before posting...

Actually the article is talking about the original skulls - not the ones used in the movie.... It helps to actually read the article sometimes before posting...

Thank you Mr.Know it all...my post said why would they even think of using the original skulls...I'm sure most people would know the ones in the movie were fake....Don't try to read between the lines.....Oh by the way I did read the entire link...that's why I mentioned how interesting a story the crystal skulls are......

Edited by goalienan

Indiana JOnes and the Heap of Old Junk...that has so many possibilities they must make the movie!

I have heard/read that several of these crystal skulls have been proven fakes. But, how can the French call them all fakes? I highly doubt the French experts in question have examined them all. Very few people have seen or examined even most of these skulls.

I have heard/read that several of these crystal skulls have been proven fakes. But, how can the French call them all fakes? I highly doubt the French experts in question have examined them all. Very few people have seen or examined even most of these skulls.

The one in the British museum has been examined by them an they say it was made around around cant rember wich century 14th or 16th. in europe.

Ive seen it, its beautiful. whoever made it.

I thought I had read it was proven the skulls were fake. They were supposedly manufactured in Europe last centuy (the 1900's)

Look who called them all fake, the french. That in its self says all that needs saying.

Can you explain that rationale?

Blah. Way to debunk one of the few remaining legends. It was good for a while, though, I guess.

TeraLink Was Here!

I thought they killed this one years ago. Yet here it is again.

• 8 months later...
This is just wrong. Not a good article to post.

As well there is a bit of a phenominon going on these days. Some people out there are blending reality with movie reality. This is a real problom in my opinion. Look how those activists reacted to Keith legers death and he was just an actor in Brokeback Mountain. They even protested at his funeral.

It was just a movie

Its Heath Ledger not Keith. But yeah he was just an actor, but kinda good 1