Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do you care - After Death

prisha

Do you care what happens to your body after you are dead. i really do not care as such. my religion does not have much importance attached to a dead body. i am a hindu and most of the times as per our belief we are cremated. They sometimes disperse the ashes in holy rivers and i was thinking of asking to bury my ashes and planting a fruit tree on them. but i read an article how much electricity it is needed to burn a body and i am thinking why waste resources. right now my view point is 'To tread so lightly so as not to leave a foot print on earth'. i know parsis in india leave their dead on a mountain ( just reserved for this) and let the nature take its course.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rosewin

• Lt_Ripley

• sandee

• WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

Do you care what happens to your body after you are dead. i really do not care as such. my religion does not have much importance attached to a dead body. i am a hindu and most of the times as per our belief we are cremated. They sometimes disperse the ashes in holy rivers and i was thinking of asking to bury my ashes and planting a fruit tree on them. but i read an article how much electricity it is needed to burn a body and i am thinking why waste resources. right now my view point is 'To tread so lightly so as not to leave a foot print on earth'. i know parsis in india leave their dead on a mountain ( just reserved for this) and let the nature take its course.

What is the mountain called? Stink Mountain. I want to be cremated, simply because here in the states funerals can cost upwards of $10,000 and higher! Just to bury someone! burn me..dont care what you do with the ashes coz I will be dead and wont care anyways

I want my body to be used for science...hell, I am dead, I dont need it anymore :P

Edited by CryWolf

My body is going in a refridgerator box, in a Wal-Mart dumpster.

I can't afford no stinkin funerals, after I'm already dead and won't care. And I know know one would pay to have me buried. And I'm certainly not up for the other option: Oscar Mayer...

Edited by will_1835

I want to be cremated and my ashes turned over to my circle for a nice Pagan funeral and wake.

My body will be cast away like a dried up pea pod. No longer needed. I will shed my shell and to dust I will return.. I beleive in recycling!

Plus it will be easier to fly! I have put on a few pounds in my later years...lol

I don't really care but in respect and love for my children and family I'd like my body to be treated with care. Whether that will be a grave or cremation I'm not sure yet.

Edited by clover

I'm prefering to be cremated. I want to make sure I'm dead and not wake up during embalming or buried alive. Preferably my ashes should be scattered in space. Failing that, just toss them into the fireplace.....

I too wish to be cremated I want my body on a raft & to be pushed out & have arrows shot to set the raft on fire........ at sunset......

I too wish to be cremated I want my body on a raft & to be pushed out & have arrows shot to set the raft on fire........ at sunset......

Norwood... Your so romantic...

cool! kind of like a Viking Funeral...I like that :tu:

Edited by muddpuppy

I forgot what movie that was, bit it was awesome! Especially the guy with the long braids, and blue face

sounds like the movie "First Knight" with Sean Connery :)

I would have to say donating my body to science. Never know if could make a difference for future generations. Or donating my body to that one exhibit that has all the bodies on display. I think its called The Body Exhibit. I would have to be holding a guitar though lol

In a grave facing east so the sun can rise on me since it is also the direction from which Christ will come on Judgment Day.

Seriously though not sure I do not like to think about what happens to the body when we die. The custom around here is burial though.

Edited by Clovis

I like the one where they crush the bones and vultures eat everything on the rock.

Father said he's gonna Dissapear my body after this life , so I am not worried about what happens after this Life To a body which serves me no more. even If Father did not do this I would not worry about it.

It's the spirit which is important, not My body.

Love Omnaka

Cremated and some of my ashes turned into Life Gems to be made into various previously designed jewelry pieces and given to certain people who are special to me.

I Reckon it would be pretty funny to have me sent to a taxidermist and displayed in the kids home. Assuming that thats unlikely I guess that Cremation is the way to go. In truth its not really ythtat important. When I'm dead I'll be dead and that will be it. My body won't be to important anymore.

That's really cool...

Cremated and some of my ashes turned into Life Gems to be made into various previously designed jewelry pieces and given to certain people who are special to me.

I have an organ donor card on my Virginia driver's license. But since I live in Mongolia, I don't think it carries much weight. I'd like to be converted into jewelry, but I'll settle to just rejoin the cosmos, whenever...

If my family is poor at the time of my death, sell me as a cadaver.

If my family is rich/comfortable at the time of my death, I really don't care how they dispose of me as long as they do. Feed me to starving animals, cremate me, whatever gets the job done.

I'd like to be cremated, they can use my organs for donation if anyone wants them, then buried in my family plot with someone very special. We're thinking of moving to the other side of the country and the other day I was at the cemetary with my son, I said to him "if we move, please make sure I come back here when I'm gone", which started a huge debate - the upshot of which was "technically I could put you where I like" (he was teasing... I think :huh: ). No, he agreed that he would.

We were at the seaside last year and there was a buzz going around that, on the cliff tops that night, there was going to be a firework display over the sea. The upshot of this was that it was some old ladies ashes being launched off in a firework display! This was how she wanted to go and, apparently, had requested that lots of children come to watch the fireworks.

I want my body to be cut in million little pieces then thrown into deep ocean or somefing after death ofcourse to be sure I won't ever come back to same life. I don't care even If i go to "nothingness" atleast I'll have a good "rest" for eternity wivout having to worry abt hunger, petrol etc. B)

And Oh yeah: if there's any afterlife then I would like to become a Dog, especially those really nasty ones with 9 inch or longer teefs ... :devil:

Edited by vikstar

I'm not sure what I want for my body after I am dead. For my families sake, I suppose I would be buried, but I guess it really doesn't matter as I'll be dead... so I won't care much, now will I? In the best case scenario I like Norwood's Viking funeral idea, or they could encase my body in cement and lower it into the sea somewhere. That would be nice, I suppose.

We were at the seaside last year and there was a buzz going around that, on the cliff tops that night, there was going to be a firework display over the sea. The upshot of this was that it was some old ladies ashes being launched off in a firework display! This was how she wanted to go and, apparently, had requested that lots of children come to watch the fireworks.

Coolest idea ever!

What is the mountain called? Stink Mountain. I want to be cremated, simply because here in the states funerals can cost upwards of $10,000 and higher! Just to bury someone! burn me..dont care what you do with the ashes coz I will be dead and wont care anyways

hahah nice. yea that is a little strange to just leave a bunch of bodies to rot on some mountain.... i'm donating my body. i thought it didn't really matter, but apparently some families like to have special arrangements for the bodies of loved ones...??? i guess i would leave it up to my family or lover or who ever cares the most...????