Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do you care - After Death

prisha

if possible , after what is usable to others it taken , my family can dump me in the deep blue to sink and become fish food.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rosewin

• prisha

• muddpuppy

• will_1835

Do you care what happens to your body after you are dead. i really do not care as such. my religion does not have much importance attached to a dead body. i am a hindu and most of the times as per our belief we are cremated. They sometimes disperse the ashes in holy rivers and i was thinking of asking to bury my ashes and planting a fruit tree on them. but i read an article how much electricity it is needed to burn a body and i am thinking why waste resources. right now my view point is 'To tread so lightly so as not to leave a foot print on earth'. i know parsis in india leave their dead on a mountain ( just reserved for this) and let the nature take its course.

I have never understood the appeal of cremation, I do not want to be burned. I know this is wrong but when I think of cremation I think of hell, I also wonder if one is cremated then do you still have a body when Jesus returns? The dead shall rise and meet Jesus in the heavens, so how would a cremated body rise and meet Jesus?

I want to be buried above ground, I don't like the idea of being burned or being put underground.

Always a pleasure

One of the best songs ever!!!

I was a highwayman. Along the coach roads I did ride

With sword and pistol by my side

Many a young maid lost her baubles to my trade

Many a soldier shed his lifeblood on my blade

The b******* hung me in the spring of twenty-five

But I am still alive.

I was a sailor. I was born upon the tide

And with the sea I did abide.

I sailed a schooner round the Horn to Mexico

I went aloft and furled the mainsail in a blow

And when the yards broke off they said that I got killed

But I am living still.

I was a dam builder across the river deep and wide

Where steel and water did collide

A place called Boulder on the wild Colorado

I slipped and fell into the wet concrete below

They buried me in that great tomb that knows no sound

But I am still around..I'll always be around..and around and around and

around and around

I fly a starship across the Universe divide

And when I reach the other side

I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can

Perhaps I may become a highwayman again

Or I may simply be a single drop of rain

But I will remain

And I'll be back again, and again and again and again and again

Highwayman

I have never understood the appeal of cremation, I do not want to be burned. I know this is wrong but when I think of cremation I think of hell, I also wonder if one is cremated then do you still have a body when Jesus returns? The dead shall rise and meet Jesus in the heavens, so how would a cremated body rise and meet Jesus?

I want to be buried above ground, I don't like the idea of being burned or being put underground.

Always a pleasure

from childhood i have seen mostly cremations because of religious/cultural affinity and as such makes sense to me. but i also like Lt.Ripley's idea use what ever possible and dump rest in great blue. it makes sense to me to be fish food though i am a vegetarian. recycle ha!

Always a pleasure

you'll be dead . you won't care. we only rent these bodies. if God really wanted to raise them God could no matter what shape or lack thereof they were in. The buried body ( above or below ground) eventually decomposes anyway.

you'll be dead . you won't care. we only rent these bodies. if God really wanted to raise them God could no matter what shape or lack thereof they were in. The buried body ( above or below ground) eventually decomposes anyway.

God can make us whole again I know this but the idea of burning my body just seems wrong to me. Yes we do decompose but I would like to be above ground just the same.

I like your idea of being in the ocean till you consider what will happen to your body :P .

I want to be cremated and my ashes turned over to my circle for a nice Pagan funeral and wake.

Thats what I want too, If I could be cremated like they were in the old days, that'd be better but unfortunately we can't do that anymore....

My friends will find a way to either give me a Viking Funeral (on a burning raft or boat),a Native American funeral pyre...or bury me somewhere with a sign that any idiot who digs me up can read...which will say "Hey! Cover me back up,ya dummy! I was buried here for a reason...so l'd like to be left alone,if ya don't mind!" :P

I have a few wishes, but since I'll be dead, I don't care. They are more like "what benefit can I do to the world?"

Firstly, I do not want any money spent on my dead-ness. It's complete idiocy. I do not want a funeral. I do not want anyone to give any money to anyone unless completely necessary to deal with my body.

I want my remains to be used as best they can. So I want to be donated to science.

I rather like the idea of being cremated, then having my ashes thrown into the sea... and fish coming up and nibbling them like fish flakes. But this all costs money that could be spent on something actually worthwhile on someone who still exists.

Edited by HAJiME

For me, this is somewhat of a difficult topic, because I've heard so many different views about what should be done with a body. But one thing I always find myself returning to is how the ancient Egyptians treated their dead. They believed the body had to be perfectly preserved to aid them on their journey to the afterlife, and it was a crime to actually defile a body. I like the idea of cremation too, but things like this leave me with lagging doubts. I'm sure in the end, I'll just have a regular burial. My main concern, on this topic, however, is that while I am not a Catholic, or even a Christian in that sense of the word, I absolutely want to have Last Rights performed by a priest when I expire. For some reason I totally believe in that ritual, and plan on writing it into my will.

It is morbid the manner in how the Egyptians would place the organs and other insides of the dead in different vases. I have always wondered how the other people in Egypt were buried for the preservation and mummification of the dead was usually only done to noble and not all of them at that that I am aware of.

Honestly, I'm not sure I care really.