Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral travel(lucid dreams)

Sciencelover

Anyone had the experience to see your body lying on the bed itself, or just fly anywhere within a sec, or see your friends or parents sleep? If u dont understand what im talking about, ill explain a lil bit.

Indian sacred book(like the bible, but only the indian religion) tells that WE(humans) are not only the physic body, but the soul, the conciuosness, the astral body. It also says that you can leave your physic body and go astral travelling, which has no limits, only the space must be known by you, some say you can see real-time things happening. You must only relax, and fully concentrate on one thing, while getting into the trans - reality state. In between the dream and reality. Thats when u got to imagine yourself as light as a feather, and just "fly" out of your physic body. Anyone had the experience? Lets discuss, cos i'm myself interested about this, and i want to do it myself.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlackFrost

• darkbreed

• Smedal

• Four Winds

yes, i have experienced it, i think it is also called something like astral projection. it is quite fantastic really!! i remember once when it happened to me. i had read about it and was trying so hard to see if i could visit the dead in my dreams. i was still conscious but i was really starting to nod off i didn't want to move. well anyway, i was thinking hard on death and the dead and it felt so strange almost as if i was on a train and i started to move forward. i was traveling forward and i saw a face. it was the face of an old woman, with dark nearly black hair, she was smiling. but then it changed and i was suffocating like i was drowning. then i began to panic and it felt as if someone was pulling me back like i was falling then, i jolted awake. it was so odd, but it was unnerving as well. well that is the only time i recall all the facts but i think it has happened to me before. But what i remember vividly is being jolted awake, just after a falling feeling, and waking up slightly panicked. I hope this helps.

I would like to experience it, honestly.

YES ~ I was listening to music laying on the bed, then I felt something pulling at my chest... and saw a pinkish/orange form being lifted out of my chest. I felt my consciousness in both bodies until I felt the wall behind my back as I rose to the ceiling. I then found myself to the side of the bed ~ it felt like I was a 'point' a 'dot' of light observing 360o... strangest feeling seeing (but also 'knowing') everything at once ~ it was a WOW experience wish I could've stayed in that mode of being ~ and also bring back what I was 'knowing'. Then I blanked out.

Second experience, I got up to go to the washroom.... (i wasn't feeling well, and wanted to splash some water on my face) and I looked into the mirror

and saw a golden white light in a human form reflected in the mirror.... I was startled, and then I heard voices... get this.... coming from the drain. (LOL)

anyways, I yelled in the drain "who's there?" (it sounded like a couple of men and a couple women chatting).... I yelled again 'who's there?' Then one of the people said, 'did you hear that voice?' (i cannot remember what happened after that) I am wondering now, if it was another dimension!!!

..anyways, there are 2 of my experiences.

Congratulations with your experiences! Interesting, and also very common out of body experienced. I've had similar myself, specially one that is almost identical to the last one you mention, I too went out of bed and to the bathroom, and when looking in the mirror I only saw a white light there. I immediately understood I was out of body so I flew out of the house to explore.

Read the thread in my link posted above, it has some good tips on how to increase your astral projection abilities.

Good luck and may some great adventures lay ahead!

Darkbreed ~ Thank you for your comments.

May I ask how long you have been experiencing?

Have you ever 'journeyed' with another person?

I have the "The Gateway Experiece" Wave I to VI? (Monroe Institute) It is an in-home training

program for developing, exploring, and applying expanded states of awareness. Exercises in

this series use specially blended hemi-sync frequencies combined with verbal guidance.

Darkbreed ~ Thank you for your comments.

May I ask how long you have been experiencing?

Have you ever 'journeyed' with another person?

I have the "The Gateway Experiece" Wave I to VI? (Monroe Institute) It is an in-home training

program for developing, exploring, and applying expanded states of awareness. Exercises in

this series use specially blended hemi-sync frequencies combined with verbal guidance.

I hope the gate way expirience teaches you shielding techniques and some other ways to defend yourself, if it doesn't its not worth listening to.

I hope the gate way expirience teaches you shielding techniques and some other ways to defend yourself, if it doesn't its not worth listening to.

Yes ~ Blueguardian ~ very important ~ I agree

Yes ~ Blueguardian ~ very important ~ I agree

yes i too have also had these experiences but thought they were what is known as "kundalini" it also include a vibration prior to "leaving" also have always had ver vivid dreams of flying or at least "bounding" above ,say house top level and being afraid I was going to fall...Yes our spirit moves, this is also how one person on the east coast can come up with the same ,say invention as one on the west coast. We are all part of the same conciousness,,,every atom in our bodies came from this earth and the universe and GOD! WAKE UP PEOPLE! (I mean that in a let's get scholled kind of way)!!,,,se SMEDALS BLOG that would be me

I'm very skeptical about astral travel being anything more than a type of dream as I've experienced it as a result of ingesting psychedelics, so in my opoinion they are the product of the subconscious and nothing else. I know I'm not the only one to draw a similar link as astral travel through meditation is often quite popular amongst those who use psychedelics. I suppose in a sense I do understand why people often give a lot of weight to these experiences as according to my memory it was easily one of the most vivid 'dreams' I have ever experienced.

I have been able to project multiple times through the lucid dream method, as I am very prone to having those for some reason. However, I cannot, for the life of me, make a conscious exit. Many people claim that as you are close to exiting your body, you begin to experience deep vibrations all throughout your body and an increased heartbeat, which is supposedly, in no way harmful. Nevertheless, while I don't mind the vibrations, once my heartbeat starts going so quickly, I tend to panic and the attempt fails. I've never been able to calm myself that way.

I love waking up in a dream! Typically the first thing I do when that happens is I'll start flying around whatever my dreamscape is.

I've experienced stuff like that under the influence....... ha i'm joking but definitely intriguing, i've heard of astral projection, however i don't think humans can do it till we evolve to a higher form of energy if such said theory is even possible!