Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Skeptic Challenge II

Tannenisis

Hi Tangie :) !

Hi there. ^_^

It's good to see you back here sharing your wonderful talents w/ everyone! It's also good that you are being careful and taking care of yourself this time. You are such a giving person. I know you have trouble telling people no OR telling them you have to take it slow. But as you realized last time, doing too much to fast was hard on you. I'm sure whoever get's a reading will appreciate that you are doing theirs w/ a clear head. ;)

I hope so. Last time I got overloaded; this time I'm resting more and I'm having less side-effects.

I'm curious to why no one has replied to their readings to say good job, bad job, or even, Thank you. ?

I'm curious as well. The other thread was quite lively with everyone posting so fast that I could barely keep up. Now its just evenly paced. I'm grateful for it. However, I can only learn what I'm doing right or wrong if people voice their opinions.

For anyone reading this I want to say that when I got my reading in the first challage.... She was DEAD ON! This is a truly gifted individual here offering to share her gift w/ us! We are fortunate that she is here w/ us.

I thank you for the compliment. I enjoyed the last challenge very much.

Take care Tangie! I'll look forward to seeing more of your post.

Same here. :P

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tannenisis

• Sporkling

• Darkflame

• WiCkEdWENDIGO

I also wondered why no one has replied yet, to voice their judgment on a reading they've been given. It seems the least they could do and also provide more interest in the thread. I will certainly be happy to give you my response, maybe that will help get the ball rolling.

I see a lack of trust in your intuition and a fear of searching inside yourself for answers.
This could go either way I guess. I don't feel I have a lack of trust in my intuition, but I generally live my life and make decisions by rationality and reason and deliberation - if doing so in favor of using intuition could be interpreted as mistrust, then I'll give you this one.

You are afraid to truly take a journey into the realm of spirit; therefore you flirt with the fringes.
These definitions are pretty subjective, but I'll answer anyway. Although my grandmother used to take me to her Pentecostal church and my mom took me a few times to a Baptist one, organized religion never clicked with me though I consider myself some form of "Deist". I've used the Ouija board, done automatic writing, psychic sending/receiving experiments, used a pendulum, done numerology, bought and used an ESP/Zenar test kit, been to a psychic fair, been to a new-age church lead by a Rosicrucian, got to go with an established local group to an abandoned haunted hospital, went more than once to see "the Hornet Spooklight" in a neighboring state, gone "ghosthunting" in graveyards (rousted by the cops once) and also just taken a leisurely stroll around one after midnight, had pictures taken by my parents' graves - no phenomena to report, just for the record.

I see in your recent past that you are a generous person, kind and often sharing your knowledge with others.
"Recent past" is kind of ambiguous. I'd like to think I have been, and am, a generous person, but everyone likes to think this. Being on a forum for a few years and having over a thousand posts to your name just on one site indicates someone likes to "share their knowledge" (aka be a know-it-all) so while this is all true, it's too broad for me to consider your statements significantly accurate.

I see an older female figure that is not your mother but who has great negativity, specifically in the words she uses.
I have a grandmother who is a very negative and paranoid person (this is greatly irritating to me), and her daughter (an aunt) has a sort of short-tempered negative streak (not nearly as bad thank goodness). Although the idea of someone who does NOT have someone they know (of each gender) that is particularly negative, is laughable, and who "specifically" uses negative words (we primarily communicate consciously with words so this is not much of a reach), in the interest of benefit-of-the-doubt, I'll give you credit on this one.

There has been unrest and discontent in your home life. I see that you have accepted the situation for what it is and know that it will pass.
Again, I feel this is far too general and subjective to judge.

Your current theme is fear of transformation because you don't think you can get the happiness you want. Holding onto everything so tightly will only result in it falling apart in your hands; let go and relax.
I really have no way to rate this, as I'm not sure what a "theme of fear of transformation" would entail, and I'm not sure how that applies, in a causal way, to thinking one cannot get the happiness they want, which again sounds too universally applicable.

Again, this too shall pass but not before you experience a great disappointment in the near future.
D'oh! Let's hope not, I've only got a couple of practical or significant things I'm working toward right now!

Overall, your energy is scattered because of your internal fears of what you will find when you look inside yourself. You worry for nothing; it is merely time for you to discard what is no longer needed in your life and move on. Change doesn't have to be frightening; it can be soul-moving. Just open to it.
Again, more specifics in these kinds of statements would be much more remarkable and helpful to figure out if they're applicable in any particular way. Everyone has some fear of reflection, major or minor, because we all have fear and secrets and darker, less noble or desirable motives and urges or interests, which we prefer not to think about. The rest of your statement, being a simplistic generalization of progress in life itself, and advice, cannot be evaluated as part of a reading.

In conclusion, while everything could be considered to be passably accurate inasmuch as a website personality analysis or newspaper horoscope is "accurate", nothing in my "reading" suggests to me that you have any extraordinary insight into me or my life specifically, but I still very much appreciate your time and effort - thank you. =). Please, may I reproduce my reading as-is for my own website/blog, with credit to you?

Edited by jpatt

I'm game; see if you can pull out any of my secrets :) I will be sure to reply and let you know how accurately you can read me. Thanks :)

I'm in too :clap:

You can take all the time you want, i have all eternity :P

I see you as regal, a force representing the home life. You are a person with a strong connection to home and have a stability about you that draws others. A key word that comes to mind is "balanced." However, in your recent past you began to doubt your intuition and languished in a period where you felt worthless. This is surprising because you know more than anyone that abundance is everywhere if you only look for it. Life is what you make it and you should keep this in mind. Currently I see you spending too much time indulging in taking your life for granted rather than being thankful for what you have. It is as if you've gone from one extreme to another. You feel blocked on your life's path and often frustrated. However, this will come to an end soon. You will receive messages from others that will stop the fears under the surface of your consciousness. Then you can move into a more fruitful period where you shine your light as you are meant to. Overall, I see that you will find difficulties with school or career that will add to the unrest you feel. Lastly, there is a severe wound to your heart that you are holding onto for no reason. It's over and done: let it go.

I hope these words find you in good health and spirits. Blessings on your path. And whether these words or right or wrong, thank you for the opportunity to learn.

thank you

for those of you that doubt the validity of this, and the abilities of people to cold read over the internet.

in your recent past you began to doubt your intuition and languished in a period where you felt worthless.

this is all tied in with band and music for me. i have been on the fence about quitting music all together ( for the past year ) i am no slouch when it comes to playing, i am in the leauges of the likes of billy sheehan when it comes to ripping it up on bass, i have been a basment case for some time as i have been working on releasing my bands next album, the events around recording and band mates quitting and noty being up to snuff with playing abilities have kept me in a state of frustration. when metalica was looking for a new bass player i was desperatly trying to get info on where and when tryouts were. never got a reply as to my inquries ( connections as well as pestering the hell out of them ) thus started the self doubt ( friends from bands that know them not putting in a word, causing doubts about abilities playing ) these doubts about my playing abilities started the sense of worthlessness.

Currently I see you spending too much time indulging in taking your life for granted rather than being thankful for what you have.

this is also tied in with the feelings of worthelessness, i am taken care of, the universe puts before me what i need when i need it, and i have not been gratefull for it, to damn much time mopping about the small crap in life ( a selfish act to begin with )

You feel blocked on your life's path and often frustrated. However, this will come to an end soon.

we have been trying to find the right drummer for our band for about 9 months since the last guy quit. don't get me wrong. there are good players out there, but where i live there are to many guys that take it for granted that there is a drummer shortage and expect everyone to kiss their buts to get anything done. we have had a couple of tryouts for the band, but it all goes south because we don't sound like what is popular.

also, i have been trying to maintain a schedual of meditation, and it seems that every time i try there is something that blows it all to hell ( kneed in the ribs by the wife, blah blah blah ) in my life there are two paths that run paralel, i play music ( there is nothing else that i want to do, i have been on a path to make a living at it for over 20 years now, i turn down really good paying jobs because it would interfere with my quest of music, i don't expect anyone to understand that statment )

i do readings and help people with health issues, these people that i do them for come to me, and i don't charge them anything. my wife has a hard time with this at times, because i will go out of my way to help, it has always been my nature.

You will receive messages from others that will stop the fears under the surface of your consciousness.

there are a couple of you that i have shared some of what i went through growing up, and those of you that have read what i have shared will understand what and how with this statment.

i would just like to add that those around me that are somewhat tuned in are not able to read me with any degree of acuracy because they are to close to me, and all that they may pick up is colored by the closeness to me ( their view of me and how i am, coloring interpritations of what they are picking up, leading to inacuracies in what i "need" to hear )

once again, thankyou.

and for those of you that have doubts, she is good at what she does.

this little reading that i have recieved from her is right on the money.

there is more to all of what is said that i don't really care to share with the world, as it is to personel.

but i share what i will for the sake of argument for all you skeptics :rolleyes:

Edited by the eternal me

I would love for you to try to read me. Now, if you read my blogs and posts you could find alot about me so it have to be something beside that. Boo ya.

Please be very specific and not generalized. Otherwise you would just be doing a cold reading.

Edited by Eric Raven The Skeptic

I'll let you read me...I practice telepathy and stuff, so I guess I "project" my thoughts and feelings all the time, so I may be a little easier than some of the others...Have fun!

Thanks for the reading you gave me. People want feedback on this, so:

I read and reread it, and I tried to glean some deeper meaning out of it, but after some reflection I'm sorry to say it really had nothing to do with me or my life at this point.

EDIT: I read it again for good measure, and I guess while some of it could be true, it was all general enough to be true for nearly anyone.

Edited by Moonie2012

I would really love to be read, but it seems I have to wait for sometime since everybody want to be read. Read me when you have time :)

I understand that youre busy, but when you get the chance, would you mind reading me? Its interesting stuff

Edited by Camozotz

I would be interested to know what you see for me. I will let you know how you do. (see how I tried to give nothing away? ;) )

More cold reading. These "readings" can apply to almost anybody in the world. I'll take an example post.

The main issue for you is one of communication, which is blocked for you at this time. Words aren't coming out right either for yourself or other people.

Everyone has trouble communicating, everybody feels misunderstood by other people on some level. This is natural, as words are not a complete method of communication.

And it is causing friction in many areas of your daily life. I see a young woman in your recent past, a relative, that you sought to communicate wisdom. There was little support and whatever outcome you desired did not come to be.

Young woman can mean anything, from a little girl to a 20-something. It would be quite uncommon to find a person who doesn't have a "young woman" relative. Naturally, since you specified relative.. they will be close with that person. Next, they'll take your communication of wisdom prediction and fit it to an event or feeling regarding that person within the past few years. With someone you know well, you experience a large range of emotion regularly, and there are always miscommunications.

I see a mother figure in your life in distress. She lacks the power to achieve what she longs for. This is weighing heavily because I don't see anything else for you in your present except this.

Mothers are always in distress on some level, and nobody has the power to achieve the things they long for. Everybody has to settle short of their dreams, because their dreams are wild and irrational.

I do see a change in your financial and home situation coming, a nice stage that will see you through the other cataclysm.

The person will have long forgotten about you predicting this by the time this prediction comes true, if ever. And even if it did, it's another generalization. Everyone will have monetary ups and downs in their life.

You will feel overwhelmed by the opinions of others who do not agree with your choices. Do not falter on your path because of insecurity.

Again, everybody could apply this to themself, because we all notice the negative a little bit more than the positive... and everyone has to do things that other people don't like.

I'm not even trying to say that Tannenisis believes she is cold-reading. It would be very easy to feel genuine but to get used to saying things that will always apply, while sounding specific. It's the same way horoscopes are written, it's the same way any other psychic does it. The reason you can't ACTUALLY get specific is because there's no power there. If you truly had the power to know things about a person so remotely, there would be no reason that you could only know general things about them and not specific things, such as their name, their appearance, etc... since information is information.

Infomation is infomation? I think not. It is you who think that way because of your prejustice towards towards things you don't believe in. Your opinion, your facts and none of others.

To the assumption of cold reading, I will ask you this: If I am sitting here attempting to read several strangers at a time, just how specific would you have me be? I give a general overview and have asked for no other information. If I were to read only one person and one person only, I could give you pages of information. But there are too many people in this thread who wish to have a go.

In the last challenge, I gave more specific readings to those who wanted either clarification of their reading or further insights via PM. I can still do that for those who wish. Just be patient with me.

One person here said that my reading was wrong, which as I said: I am not infallible. I am human the same as everyone else. This is as much an experiment for me as it is for all of you. Now if you want specifics, then ask a specific question. Even an Ouija board will not give you an answer if you are not direct on a chosen subject. I am no different. People want to see what I "pick up" if anything. So I'm doing that.

Furthermore this is only the second time that I have attempted to read online. I am usually do this face to face. And I have read more people in this thread since its beginning than I do in any given month.

It is also very hard to "tap in" via online as it is to "shut it off." My sleep patterns have been disturbed since I started this. I'm also very drained, which is why I have to take periods of rest (I also have two kids ages 5 and 2 to take care of all day!). And one person in particular had the effect of completely unnerving me early in this thread while trying to read him. I had to stop immediately because of it.

If you feel I am wrong, so be it. But do not attempt to pass me off as a charlatan infusing you with false hopes or overstating who I am. I'm here opening myself up to all sorts of negativity and ridicule for no other reason than to learn and be open. My spouse is a solid atheist and a skeptic so I've heard much of this before and ended up convincing even him.

In a forum where many with professed powers are told to "put up or shut up" I believe I am doing my part to put my ability where my mouth is.

Can you say the same?

Edited by Tannenisis

To the assumption of cold reading, I will ask you this: If I am sitting here attempting to read several strangers at a time, just how specific would you have me be? I give a general overview and have asked for no other information. If I were to read only one person and one person only, I could give you pages of information. But there are too many people in this thread who wish to have a go.

I doubt you could, because you see, you could have set it up so you did only one reading at a time. But instead, you chose to do many. I notice how they're all relatively the same length as well. What you give is something so ambiguous, that it can be applied to anyone if they read too deeply into it.

I doubt you could, because you see, you could have set it up so you did only one reading at a time. But instead, you chose to do many. I notice how they're all relatively the same length as well. What you give is something so ambiguous, that it can be applied to anyone if they read too deeply into it.

I responded defensively. I apologize.

At this juncture, I withdraw from the challenge and concede your point. Choose the avatar, foolosophy, and I will change it.

Thank you all for your time and your patience. I apologize again and regret that I have not made the thread more fun.

Tannenisis

Well I think it is interesting and while the mentions of cold reading are suitable considerations to be mentioned, I do feel those type of assertions can be made in a more conversational, casual manner, rather than accusatory and inflammatory.

I missed the first "challenge" so I don't know how it went, but I don't see anything wrong with a thread doing a more complex reading for each person, on a first-come, first-served basis. Have people WAIT and NOT sign up until a reading has been given and Tann indicates she's ready, then the next person who happens to be reading the thread can jump in and be next if Tann still felt like it, so there's no backlog or additional stress or anxiety for Tann.

I responded defensively. I apologize.

At this juncture, I withdraw from the challenge and concede your point. Choose the avatar, foolosophy, and I will change it.

Thank you all for your time and your patience. I apologize again and regret that I have not made the thread more fun.

Tannenisis

Dear Tangie,

Please don't let this person get under your skin and chase you away from the challenge. I clicked on his avatar and looked at his other post (all 22 of them.) He seems to make it his goal to criticize others and try to shut them down. You didn't even read this person, did you?

For those who doubt I am going to post a link to my reply from the first challenge. It was a short reading but spot on as you will see. In my reply I talked about some personal stuff openly in the forum. I did this mainly to show everyone just how on target she was. And since I am a big mouth that will say anything anyplace, I don't care to air my dirty laundry in public (so to speak). :D Later on we spoke further via PM. And I can not say enough that this woman is amazing! Here is the link to my post in that first challenge. Check it out!

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...t&p=1781383

Hope this message finds you well Tang! If not, cheer up! ;) Don't let one person spoil everyones fun here. I really think that was his goal.

Take care, :wub:

star****

Tannenisis,

I would apprecitae it if you would read me before you give up. There are things you should be able to pick up that only a very small handfull know. If you are able to do so, then I would say you win.

everyone-

general readings that may seem to apply to anyone are not proof of cold reading, or inability to read. as she stated she would do general readings, so asking for one, then complaining that it is a general reading makes it appear you are looking for a reason to claim "fake". I can also tell by some repsponses that alot of people do not understand what she is saying.

Perhaps tannenisis you could take a moment, and make a post to explain some of the terms you used to help others understand what you are saying.

If I remember the other thread correctly, she did do more in depth readings, and was very accurate according to the responses I remmember.

I would appreciate an in-detail reading.

I have some important things I would like hints about from someone with such abilities.

oh btw- I recently was trolled by like 10 people here, and I saw them in this thread. Don't listen to them- their negativity isn't worth your energy. :)

Pfftt, some people like to take the fun away from threads <_<

Pfftt, some people like to take the fun away from threads <_<

Indeed, in the other thread, tanm was actually very accurate.

And I agree with her, if she's doing too much people at the same time and online, she only get generally info, that doesn't mean she don't have a gift.

I praise the atitude of step to the front to prove her ability, but some people only exists to take people down...

Don't give those people the pleasure of you giving up tanm.

And to all: if you were hoping to get reading Professor Xavier(x-men) style...I'm sorry to disapoint you all, but things don't work like that...