Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Skeptic Challenge II

Tannenisis

Indeed, in the other thread, tanm was actually very accurate.

And I agree with her, if she's doing too much people at the same time and online, she only get generally info, that doesn't mean she don't have a gift.

I praise the atitude of step to the front to prove her ability, but some people only exists to take people down...

Don't give those people the pleasure of you giving up tanm.

And to all: if you were hoping to get reading Professor Xavier(x-men) style...I'm sorry to disapoint you all, but things don't work like that...

So generalized statements that apply to everyone work for believers. So sad.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tannenisis

• Sporkling

• Darkflame

• Paranormalcy

Pfftt, some people like to take the fun away from threads <_<

How is it taking the fun away?

The thread was introduced as a challenge to skeptics, and the skeptics came and performed as expected. That is exactly what was supposed to happen in this thread, no?

And to all: if you were hoping to get reading Professor Xavier(x-men) style...I'm sorry to disapoint you all, but things don't work like that...

Of course they don't. That would require supernatural abilities ;)

I praise the atitude of step to the front to prove her ability, but some people only exists to take people down...

When someone issues a challenge, they are expecting someone else to meet the challenge. It's not about "taking people down", it's about attempting to come to a conclusion as to the real truth of the matter.

Edited by KBA

Hello Tannenisis, I am interested in a reading.

(Please and thank you!)

-Dot

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
dot moment \(^.^)/

The thread was introduced as a challenge to skeptics, and the skeptics came and performed as expected. That is exactly what was supposed to happen in this thread, no?

Of course they don't. That would require supernatural abilities ;)

When someone issues a challenge, they are expecting someone else to meet the challenge. It's not about "taking people down", it's about attempting to come to a conclusion as to the real truth of the matter.

Was it a reading from her to you that you are nitpicking? Please. Wait till she reads you before you talk about how accurate it is. Using other people's readings? Next time, wait till its your turn.

Was it a reading from her to you that you are nitpicking? Please. Wait till she reads you before you talk about how accurate it is. Using other people's readings? Next time, wait till its your turn.

That's what i was gonna say too, if she didn't read you, how do you know she's wrong?

I'm not a total believer..that's why i wait for my turn to make a judgement.

If she read me and she goes wrong i'll be the first to tell that here.

I thought the skeptics only believes in the facts right? So if you don't let them prove their right, how can someone prove something??

I think the ultimate test is living the experiences by yourself to total believe it, is it not?

I'm saying that because like all skeptics, i like proof...but i also like to believe in people until i can through evidence prove them wrong.

So like i said before, don't expect too much, and only say it is false when you experience by yourself if you can.

In truth, I have not been altogether with this thread since I read Mr. Nobody. It was an entirely unnerving experience in and of itself, like looking into a funhouse mirror with a black background. I literally shut down my computer and walked away from my desk after that. And I again apologize to those I have not read and promised to read but never got to as you all deserve more than that for your patience and time.

I have to ask myself if even issuing this challenge is somehow immoral. Certainly the Tibetans I've fellowshipped with would think so. Their Geshes and Oracles know many, many things they should not know otherwise. Yet they carry themselves with humility and quiet wisdom. I wonder if I dishonor them in this fashion, though I'm sure others may think my conundrum is more flash and fanfare.

It is not the same to read someone online. It just isn't. There is a lot of "noise." Perhaps I should have let all of you decide the terms that would judge whether or not I am valid and capable, especially since I am hearing how I have invalidated myself by the length of posts and that I set it up to read so many people. I was merely doing what I'd already done before. The previous thread was very successful and allowed me to make several interesting connections with others. And it was fun. Perhaps the tone of the board has altered in my absence, but I don't feel that connection this time around. It isn't as if I expect others to merely believe me for the sake of it; it is just that I don't feel the openness I did before.

I am leaving town for a week. I probably will have some level of internet service during this time. But I will ask all of you to come up with the terms of the challenge as it seems I am not the best to determine such things. If it is in accordance with All That Is, I will do my best to fulfill what you've asked.

Okay ma'am, here it is. I read over like the first (ish) page and saw alot of vauge overviews that could apply to anyone, but I'm intrested. I'm a staunch third party who will admit when I see somethign that could be real (U.F.O's/Ghosts) but psi-powers have yet to really grab me.

Read me (its hot, you might want to sit down with a cool drink) and tell me what ya think..

• 2 weeks later...
Why is this thread dead?

Because !!

The previous thread was very successful and allowed me to make several interesting connections with others. And it was fun. Perhaps the tone of the board has altered in my absence, but I don't feel that connection this time around. It isn't as if I expect others to merely believe me for the sake of it; it is just that I don't feel the openness I did before.

Tangie,

I am happy your husband is comfortable with who you are and who he has chosen to be.

Harmony for diverse thoughts and beliefs are not that easy for most of us. The tone was very different the last time. It was fun and insightful. Who knows, maybe next time it will be again.

John

Eaxactly what I was thinking hmm. Kind of reminds me of horoscopes. Cool trick though, for those oblivious imo

Eaxactly what I was thinking hmm. Kind of reminds me of horoscopes. Cool trick though, for those oblivious imo

So how do you know for sure that it is cold readings? Did you say the same as many people else? They said it was real and you said it was not.

• 1 month later...

Hi Tannenisis,

I'm really interested in a reading :yes: . So if your up for it, I'm in. :tu:

More cold reading. These "readings" can apply to almost anybody in the world. I'll take an example post.

Everyone has trouble communicating, everybody feels misunderstood by other people on some level. This is natural, as words are not a complete method of communication.

Young woman can mean anything, from a little girl to a 20-something. It would be quite uncommon to find a person who doesn't have a "young woman" relative. Naturally, since you specified relative.. they will be close with that person. Next, they'll take your communication of wisdom prediction and fit it to an event or feeling regarding that person within the past few years. With someone you know well, you experience a large range of emotion regularly, and there are always miscommunications.

Mothers are always in distress on some level, and nobody has the power to achieve the things they long for. Everybody has to settle short of their dreams, because their dreams are wild and irrational.

The person will have long forgotten about you predicting this by the time this prediction comes true, if ever. And even if it did, it's another generalization. Everyone will have monetary ups and downs in their life.

Again, everybody could apply this to themself, because we all notice the negative a little bit more than the positive... and everyone has to do things that other people don't like.

I'm not even trying to say that Tannenisis believes she is cold-reading. It would be very easy to feel genuine but to get used to saying things that will always apply, while sounding specific. It's the same way horoscopes are written, it's the same way any other psychic does it. The reason you can't ACTUALLY get specific is because there's no power there. If you truly had the power to know things about a person so remotely, there would be no reason that you could only know general things about them and not specific things, such as their name, their appearance, etc... since information is information.

Quit reading my mind !!

Yes, I agree in that it's all very generalized.

All these readings can apply to my personal life and practically anyone.

They remind me very much of Tarot readings.

I feel that being in the presence of that person and reading their face and eyes will disclose much more

It is all in the FINE DETAILS

Edited by momentarylapseofreason

Well, I do Tarot also. Would it be better if I did Tarot instead?

Well, I do Tarot also. Would it be better if I did Tarot instead?

The generalizing is the problem. I feel you are a super nice human being and that any powers that you do have are probably greatly magnified on a personal level.

I did have a tarot reading once. I think she used more then the cards though. And I don't mean cheating.

She said I would meet someone (a man) that would have a big influence on my life and that he was fair haired and that I would meet him at a social gathering within the next couple of days. Well, I met the future father of my son that night at a party. I wasn't even attracted to him at first, he actually repulsed me with his laughter. Funny that he had that same insane laugh right before he would beat me, it must have been a warning I didn't heed.

She also told me of another fair haired man with whom I was emotionally involved and that he had left town and that he would be returning soon. True he moved back to my town within a few weeks.

I knew another man a lawyer who was very fond of me ,who claimed to have psychic abilities and who was a Wiccan. He hardly knew me though but yet knew everything about me. He was always guarding me & looking out for me like a big brother. The strange thing was that I wanted to go to the Bell, Book and Candle (an occult store). (I used to be interested in the occult/paganism) I HAD never DISCUSSED THIS WITH ANYONE BECAUSE i WAS ASHAMED OF IT. I felt very drawn to the place.

One day he told out of the blue " I know you want to go to the Bell, Book and Candle." "I want you to stay away from that place, they are very negative and practice the dark arts and they are trying to lure you to them, please promise me you will stay away !" He claimed they would try to use me for their own purposes. :blink:

Then he traveled to Mexico and brought me back a huge crystal out of some cave (I really don't believe in this,by the way) for protection. He said he didn't let anyone handle it with their hands and that I must let no one touch it except myself. I still have it.

Of course these stories are strange if not interesting. ;)

If you are psychic you will know if these stories are true.

Maybe it was all coincidence or a little of both.

Either way it's a pleasure to meet you :wub:

Edited by momentarylapseofreason

I must say, it really bothers me that some of the people who Tannenisis posted a reading for, have not come back to state any sort of response. It kind of defeats the purpose of the thread in my opinion.

Like some other people, I do think it might be a good idea for you to try and do a more specific 1-person reading.

I been read with tarot cards 3 times (all by different people). The first one was ok - accurate in parts, not so much in others. The second one was complete garbage. The third one was dead-on.

If someone is going to complain about how "generic" their reading was, in my opinion they themselves are the only ones to blame. If they had an actual question, instead of just "hey, do me! do ME!" it would probably be quite different.

I was impressed with your reading of mrnobody. I've never seen a reading like that. I don't know anything about him, of course, but as I said above - that's why it bothers me that some people haven't come back to the thread.

I wish somebody would do a reading of me :(

*Hintedy Hint Hint*

hmm.. read me. But i wish to impose certain conditions on you. I want you to be as specific as possible. I don't quite want it as general as others have been in your past.

I'd like for you to read me! I'll post back with comments after the reading :)