Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman claims father held her in cellar for 24

glorybebe

VIENNA, Austria -- Police have found a woman missing since 1984, who told authorities that her father had kept her in a cellar for almost 24 years and that she had given birth to seven children after being repeatedly raped by him.

The 73-year-old father was taken into custody, Franz Polzer, head of the Lower Austrian Bureau of Criminal Affairs, told reporters Sunday.

Authorities found the woman Saturday evening in the town of Amstetten following a tip, Lower Austria police said in a statement.

The 42-year-old woman told police that her father began sexually abusing her when she was 11 and locked her in a room in the cellar on Aug. 28, 1984.

During the 24 years that followed, she said she was continually abused and gave birth to seven children, one of whom died several days later.

Police said in the statement the woman appeared "greatly disturbed" psychologically during questioning. She agreed to talk only after authorities assured her that she would no longer have to have contact with her father and that her children would be taken care of.

more

OMG! that is beyond horrible! What she lived through!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• glorybebe

• goalienan

• Regency

• Quill

how does somebody go missing and no authorities or family members at least question the father? i feel like that woulda have been standard procedure...

that's absolutely terrible. things like that really make you appreciate your own life huh...

Oh man, that is horrible and so disgusting! Poor woman. :no:

horrible story...It doesn't say much about her children, but I'm assuming the father also kept them locked up...I can't imagine the p

physcological problems that these people have to face...One pedophile father ruining all these lives... :angry:

o.k...I'm going to answer my own question here :) I just read on CNN that a few of the children were allowed out of the house with the grandfather/father saying he was caring for them while his daughter was away..Two had never been outside the cellar...the 19 year old daughter was hospitalized, and had a note from the biological mother asking for help...That's how they came to find out about this disgusting excuse of a human being.....I don't care if he's 17 or 74, take his "mr. happy" and tie it in a knot.......

Edited by goalienan

Josef F. lived upstairs with his wife, Rosemarie F., who police said had no idea about her husband's other family living in the cellar.

Josef F. and Rosemarie F. had adopted three of the children that he had with his daughter, according to police. He told his wife that his missing daughter had dropped the unwanted children off at the house because she could not take care of them, police said.

And her mother knew nothing about it? How could she keep believing the story about her daughter dropping all these kids off with the father? That poor daughter.

Josef F. lived upstairs with his wife, Rosemarie F., who police said had no idea about her husband's other family living in the cellar.

Josef F. and Rosemarie F. had adopted three of the children that he had with his daughter, according to police. He told his wife that his missing daughter had dropped the unwanted children off at the house because she could not take care of them, police said.

And her mother knew nothing about it? How could she keep believing the story about her daughter dropping all these kids off with the father? That poor daughter.

I thought the same, they were under her nose for 24 years in the same house?? how could she not know? One of the children is 18 years old and has never been outside of the basement. :(

They've got a photo of him on the BBC website, http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7371043.stm

I agree with Goalie, chop it off I say.

i just heard this, this is so sick and sad, what is this world coming too...

Yuck. That is just sick and disgusting. Can't even begin to imagine the horrors those people have been forced to go through. Unbelievable something like this can happen. I just can't understand how someone develops a twisted mind like that. I think this might as well have been posted in the world events -section because of the magnitude of the news...I mean, I don't remember ever hearing anything this awful when it comes to incest.

Yuck. That is just sick and disgusting. Can't even begin to imagine the horrors those people have been forced to go through. Unbelievable something like this can happen. I just can't understand how someone develops a twisted mind like that. I think this might as well have been posted in the world events -section because of the magnitude of the news...I mean, I don't remember ever hearing anything this awful when it comes to incest.

Well, I am assuming that at 18, she was old enough to leave the house, and he wasn't going to let his sex toy go, so he hid her. Now, IF her mom really didn't know that she was down there, could you imagine the guilt she would feel after thinking the daughter ran away all those years ago, and here she was down there where the mom could have saved her? Those poor kids. What kind of a life are they going to have now?

Now, IF her mom really didn't know that she was down there,

My thoughts exactly... IF...

We had a simlar 'dungeon' type thing here in Syracuse a few years back. It didn't involve incest but the guy did this right under his sick wife's nose.

My thoughts exactly... IF...

We had a simlar 'dungeon' type thing here in Syracuse a few years back. It didn't involve incest but the guy did this right under his sick wife's nose.

I just read a new article on CNN, and it said that it was his wife, and not the daughter's mom. That would be a blow. You marry a guy and then find out he's an incestuous freak. EEEEWWWWW, that poor,poor woman. He hurt so many people, he should just be buried and done with it.

OK, I just found on another site "According to the police statement, Elisabeth said that she and her children got food and clothing only from her father -- and that her mother had not been involved. " more

So, it was her mom, and the old perv had a few other kids with his wife, those poor kids knowing they had other siblings that were also their nieces and nephews. :no:

Edited by glorybebe

My heart just breaks for her, and those babies! I can't even begin to imagine what it was like all those years spent as a slave in a basement! Not to mention how she and those children will cope now, and in the future! This is going to be a battle every single day for the rest of her life to heal!

My heart just breaks for her, and those babies! I can't even begin to imagine what it was like all those years spent as a slave in a basement! Not to mention how she and those children will cope now, and in the future! This is going to be a battle every single day for the rest of her life to heal!

I'm actually surprised that he didn't go after his grand-daughters, too. He is one sick, twisted bugger. They should lock him up in a room with no windows and have him live like his children did.

One of the saddest and most repulsive stories I've ever heard. It simply overwhelms me with disgust and sorrow. I wonder if the victims will ever be able to recover from such depravity? I doubt it. To me, having that first hand knowledge about how evil humanity can be would make it almost impossible to make it through the day.

When I read a story like this I thank the Eternal for my normal, loving family and friends.

(" They should lock him up in a room with no windows and have him live like his children did.")

hopefully prison will take care of that- he needs a little *snip where the sun dont shine too!

OMG!!!! That is awful. I mean think of what the kids now are going to have to go through...there grandfather is their dad and after they figure out what he did and fully grasp the horror.... :no: Also you have to be reminded of the fact that a lot has changed since 1984 there are so much more things she is going to have to get use too

OMG!!!! That is awful. I mean think of what the kids now are going to have to go through...there grandfather is their dad and after they figure out what he did and fully grasp the horror.... :no:Also you have to be reminded of the fact that a lot has changed since 1984 there are so much more things she is going to have to get use too

No doubt. She missed so much in life, that is so horrible. And then the oldest daughter is so sick...gee, do you think it's because her dad is also her grand-dad? That poor, poor girl.

I can't believe the man's own wife remained ignorant of this.

What a horrible man and the wife too she's trying to play it off as if she did not know about her in the basement. YEA RIGHT! YOUR RAISING 3 of the children where the hell did you think they came from.....remember she has joined a cult back in 1984. Lier. Both she be locked up in a dark room for the rest of their life and when they die or get to sick throw them in the furnace just like he did to the baby that died. :angry2:

What is really disturbing, is that on the news this morning, they said he is expected to get 15 years in jail. 15!!!!

HE locks his own daughter up for 24 years, repeatedly rapes her, and only gets 15 years!!!

I personally think he should be castrated, then locked in a cell with a group of men who will do the same to him as he did to his daughter, for at LEAST 24 years. But, that is just my opinion.

Officials had said Fritzl faces up to 15 years in prison if charged, tried and convicted on rape charges, the most grave of his alleged offenses under Austrian law.

But prosecutors in Lower Austria said Tuesday they were looking into the possibility of charging Fritzl with "murder through failure to act" in connection with the infant death. Murder in Austria is punishable by up to 20 years in prison.

That's it? :huh: Although, considering his age, that may be were he spends his last days...

Also, if he did this to his own daughter, what would stop him from abusing his other grand/children?