Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Am i psychic?

mystery mystique

i'm going to sound crazy, but this really is intriguing me, and i want to know what i should do about it, so here it goes:

the first factor to this story is my gut feeling. its happened a few times, and has saved my life several. once i was riding up a hill on my bike, no thunder or darkness or rain or anything like that, but i noticed that this guy was standing in front of an open truck, smiling at me. he kept smiling at me, and i rode about five feet up the hill, before i got this weird feeling in my stomach, and its like something told me "holy S**T, this guys going to kill me" so i turned my bike around and rode away as fast as i could. the second time was when i was hanging out with some friends. we lived in a nice neighborhood, new everybody, but some kid named chad who was our age had moved in. he greeted us, and when he came to me and shook my hand, my stomach hurt so bad i nearly threw up on him. about a month and a half later, i was laying on my friends bed, when chad came in. before i could sit up, he sat on my chest and began to choke me. but i managed to scream out and my friends dad yanked chad off me.

another thing is that sometimes I'll be watching my friends play baseball or another sport, and on average i can tell where every 1 out of 3 balls is going to land, or if its going to be caught, or anything like that. a couple of times I've guessed the ending scores for my best friends volley ball games. sometimes i'll be talking to someone, even a random person, and i can tell in exact words what they're going to say next. I'd also estimate that 65% of the time i can tell who's calling on the phone when i hear it ring.

this isn't creeping me out or anything, at least not yet, i just want to know if i'm crazy or if theres a logical explanation for all of this, or if maybe i am psychic, lucky even. i don't know, thats why I'm posting this. I'd also like to know who i should talk to about this, BESIDES a psychologists. thanks in advance for any posts :)

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery mystique

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• SS79

• unexplained sam

Top Posters In This Topic

My belief is that everyones a tad psychic,either by 5 seconds bought on by a ancient need to survive and that we are slowly forgetting this since we dont need it anymore.

id say slighty yes

I'd say you have good intuition . Usually kicks in when we need it the most i.e in danger .

I'd say you have good intuition . Usually kicks in when we need it the most i.e in danger .

that actually makes a lot of sense. do you believe that some people have this sense more than others? if so, then why? and do you think its possible to redevelop these senses? i know i sound crazy, but i find this kind of stuff fascinating

that actually makes a lot of sense. do you believe that some people have this sense more than others? if so, then why? and do you think its possible to redevelop these senses? i know i sound crazy, but i find this kind of stuff fascinating

Everyone has it . I dont think some people have more than others. i just think some listen to their gut feelings more than others.

Imo it doesnt need developing . you just need to listen to what your inner feelings are saying if something feels good for you go for it . if it feels bad dont .

Its how we keep ourselves safe . not psychic just intuition IMO .

Hunches and intuition. :) I get the same thing all the time. Observation helps a lot.

Everyone has it . I dont think some people have more than others. i just think some listen to their gut feelings more than others.

Imo it doesn't need developing . you just need to listen to what your inner feelings are saying if something feels good for you go for it . if it feels bad don't .

Its how we keep ourselves safe . not psychic just intuition IMO .

most of the people on this website are apparently die hard skeptics. i pity your close mindedness and strongly suggest a more fitting website for you such as skeptics anonymous

most of the people on this website are apparently die hard skeptics. i pity your close mindedness and strongly suggest a more fitting website for you such as skeptics anonymous

I beg to differ on that. It's open to both for a reason. What fun would it be if everyone believed everything? Many of us seek out logical reasoning before jumping to conclusions about the paranormal, and rightly so! Look at the movie, The Saint Francisville Experiment, for example. Many people believed it. The skeptics are responsible for the truth of its origins, however, and thus have taken a lie out of paranormal discussion.

Seems you can only be civil when you are getting the answers that fit with what you want too hear . you asked a question and i answered rather politely i thought .

this was your first response to me here

. That actually makes a lot of sense. do you believe that some people have this sense more than others? if so, then why? and do you think its possible to redevelop these senses? i know i sound crazy, but i find this kind of stuff fascinating

then when i elaborated on that same line of thought for you. to help you understand my thinking you say this . How so i said the same thing twice ? Intuition

You used that line to me in in two seperate threads now . :rolleyes:

Edited by SS79

yeah man its cool hey? i also get weird feelings in my stomach. well i had this dream that i was at a corner store and there is this quiet path that leads the the shops, im walking down that way when out of the blue some guy raped me and that as the dream. then a few weeks later i was walking to the same corner store and the sun had just gone down so it was almost dark. ok so this bit was like in slow motion for me really weird. i walked past this guy who was smoking a cigarette, i turned my head and took a quick glimpse at him, it was almost like he reminded me of something. as i kept walking to the store, the guy started to follow me . i went into the store, with the gut feeling thing. walked out the store and the guy was standing maybe 10 meters away from me, still smoking the cigarette. i then decided i wasn't going to go the same way i went in the dream, and went another way. im so glad i trusted my instincts. also i didn't remember the dream i had had till like when i got home.

yeah its a little different to you thing but pretty close. im gonna say its pretty normal, so im not really worried about it im sure its just one of those things that some people have.

for the choking thing, dont know about that have to get back to you that one. i remember hearing something like it on the internet pretty interesting, forgot the website though, but ill find it for you. :tu:

Edited by unexplained sam

No, you aren't psychic. There is no reason to believe that psychic powers exist.

what makes you so certain about this?, i always try to think a little open minded don't you think? :unsure:

People aren't always gonna agree with you so if you want to be in a forum you might as well get use to it.... I do too think that it's intuition you had..

what makes you so certain about this?, i always try to think a little open minded don't you think? :unsure:

Sure, you can believe in scientifically unsubstantiated nonsense without any evidence to support it. But don't call your unsubstantiated ideas open mindedness, because they are the exact opposite.

People aren't always gonna agree with you so if you want to be in a forum you might as well get use to it.... I do too think that it's intuition you had..

thanks for your insight and advice and experience everyone. sorry i flipped out earlier.

anyone besides Eric have anything to say?

Remember , Eric is always right. :innocent:

I suggest you do. Since you think we are the majority. Majority rules. Boo ya.

Sure, you can believe in scientifically unsubstantiated nonsense without any evidence to support it. But don't call your unsubstantiated ideas open mindedness, because they are the exact opposite.

you don't need evidence or proof, because there is none yet. i am not saying i believe in psychics, and im not saying that i don't believe in psychics, im saying that is is possible for a person to be some what psychic and its possible for a person not to be psychic. and what is wrong with possibilities (open minded). it just seems kinda boring to personally believe in one thing only, i would rather question about it until l get the facts.