Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Haunting: Where Evil Lurks

thatgrimlife

So tonight I chose to watch a recorded episode of A Haunting with my mom. We sit down, with our veggies and limon salt, and we hit play. The premiere date for this episode had originally been September 21st, 2007. It was recorded today, however. Anyways, they are showing the aerial view of the nearest city and I start saying to my mother, "Mom, that's Little Rock. Mom, I swear that's Little Rock. Hit info." Sure enough, it was Little Rock.

The place that this episode's haunted house was located at was Roland, Arkansas -- I know the narrator said Markham, but for the record, there is no Markham, Arkansas. It was the Shae residence.

The house is supposedly haunted by a demon named Seth -- this is what C.A.S.P.R (Central Arkansas Society for Paranormal Research) learned from the ouija board. The conclusion of the episode was the Shae family moving away upon the return of Seth once they had gotten rid of him and used salt to protect the home -- so I'm left wondering if the new owners have paranormal experiences.

The only thing that really irked me was the fact that they kept showing scenes of Little Rock and Benton -- and even once I swore it was a scene near London, which is truly an hour away from Little Rock.

I told my mother that I'd like to check it out when we have free time one weekend. I'd like to at least see the house in person.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thatgrimlife

• Radian

• JustNormal

• Melioth

So let us know what you find or don't find.

So tonight I chose to watch a recorded episode of A Haunting with my mom. We sit down, with our veggies and limon salt, and we hit play. The premiere date for this episode had originally been September 21st, 2007. It was recorded today, however. Anyways, they are showing the aerial view of the nearest city and I start saying to my mother, "Mom, that's Little Rock. Mom, I swear that's Little Rock. Hit info." Sure enough, it was Little Rock.

The place that this episode's haunted house was located at was Roland, Arkansas -- I know the narrator said Markham, but for the record, there is no Markham, Arkansas. It was the Shae residence.

The house is supposedly haunted by a demon named Seth -- this is what C.A.S.P.R (Central Arkansas Society for Paranormal Research) learned from the ouija board. The conclusion of the episode was the Shae family moving away upon the return of Seth once they had gotten rid of him and used salt to protect the home -- so I'm left wondering if the new owners have paranormal experiences.

The only thing that really irked me was the fact that they kept showing scenes of Little Rock and Benton -- and even once I swore it was a scene near London, which is truly an hour away from Little Rock.

I told my mother that I'd like to check it out when we have free time one weekend. I'd like to at least see the house in person.

Also they do exaggerate on that programme. I was watching the Sallie's House episode the other day and when Sallie scratched the husband, you'd have think he'd been attacked by a lion, the reality was two scratches.

When they show photographs that have been taken in a haunted location, they also use props for these instead of the actual photographs taken (I believe this is the case with Sallie's house). And EVP's, why don't they use the actual EVP's that are taken, the ones they show are obviously actors.

Apart from this, I quite like it.

Also they do exaggerate on that programme. I was watching the Sallie's House episode the other day and when Sallie scratched the husband, you'd have think he'd been attacked by a lion, the reality was two scratches.

When they show photographs that have been taken in a haunted location, they also use props for these instead of the actual photographs taken (I believe this is the case with Sallie's house). And EVP's, why don't they use the actual EVP's that are taken, the ones they show are obviously actors.

I'll keep that in mind. Next time I have a full tank, I can easily go out to Roland, so yeah. >.>

I agree. It would surely (or so I would think) put more weight on the overall show..

I agree. It would surely (or so I would think) put more weight on the overall show..

So do I... It kind've annoyed me that rather than just say 'a small town outside Little Rock,' they had to get so creative as to make a Markham about an hour away from Little Rock. They'd be a little more affective if they weren't making things up.

I don't understand it because the real people who lived with the hauntings are part of the show, why not the real photos/recordings. Their anonymity isn't at stake because they're there telling their story.

Don't take it too hard. I've come to realize that they really do exaggerate on that show. I remember the Sally show that was mentioned and they really embellished that one. I found out that the current residents experience nothing whatsoever.

Also there was the show about the lady with her shadow people. Which incidentally was investigated by the TAPS team from Ghost Hunters earlier. However, on the Haunting show they really embellished her story.

It's just for the viewers. Maybe the producers thought it would sound scarier if it was a town that nobody heard of instead of Little Rock. Who knows.

I liked the show and am wondering why it was cancelled. Anybody know?

That is my all time favorite "ghost story." That is a true account as well. It wasnt Sallie that scratched Tony but Mommy dearest. I was scratched once awhile back and its pretty darn painful and frightening to be scratched out of the blue. It burns SO bad and the pain is unbearable. The photos in that story are the real ones. They DO use the actual EVP's and photos. Because a haunting takes place, and is investigated by several PI teams and demonologists etc, they cannot film at the time, because they dont know exactly whats going on till its all over. It is said that many people want to remain anonymous, who wouldnt? PLUS if it is a demonic haunting, no one would want to relive that again. Also they many episodes use the real PI Teams, and Demonologists. Peter James was the one to investigate Sallie house. He has since passed away. I was told they actually minimize alot of the activity as they dont focus on the shock factor. I love the show, but its been canceled :(((( They are just showing reruns for now.

Don't take it too hard. I've come to realize that they really do exaggerate on that show. I remember the Sally show that was mentioned and they really embellished that one. I found out that the current residents experience nothing whatsoever.

Also there was the show about the lady with her shadow people. Which incidentally was investigated by the TAPS team from Ghost Hunters earlier. However, on the Haunting show they really embellished her story.

It's just for the viewers. Maybe the producers thought it would sound scarier if it was a town that nobody heard of instead of Little Rock. Who knows.

I liked the show and am wondering why it was cancelled. Anybody know?

To be honest they dont embellish, they have to tell a story that lasted for months or years in one hour. As far as Sallie house, the current residence only allow PI teams to investigate in one room. I heard, that Tony, wife and baby are being terrorized again. Alot of that episode was due to the fact the wife was pregnant, and Sallie felt it was her job to care for the baby. Tony didnt like Sallie or pay attention to her, so Mom struck in a big way. She was nasty. I never knew that TAPS investigated, I DO know Peter James did, then the family up and moved. I dont know why it was canceled but I am upset about that. I hope its picked up by another network...JN

I don't understand it because the real people who lived with the hauntings are part of the show, why not the real photos/recordings. Their anonymity isn't at stake because they're there telling their story.

I don't get it really. There is one in particular "a haunting in Florida" I know they got some great footage, and eery evps from the case.. I really thought they'd be used on the show, I mean why in the heck not?? They used nothing. Not the first piece. I almost found myself getting annoyed with it... lol

So do I... It kind've annoyed me that rather than just say 'a small town outside Little Rock,' they had to get so creative as to make a Markham about an hour away from Little Rock. They'd be a little more affective if they weren't making things up.

LOL, why do that do that? I don't get it..

That is my all time favorite "ghost story." That is a true account as well. It wasnt Sallie that scratched Tony but Mommy dearest. I was scratched once awhile back and its pretty darn painful and frightening to be scratched out of the blue. It burns SO bad and the pain is unbearable. The photos in that story are the real ones. They DO use the actual EVP's and photos. Because a haunting takes place, and is investigated by several PI teams and demonologists etc, they cannot film at the time, because they dont know exactly whats going on till its all over. It is said that many people want to remain anonymous, who wouldnt? PLUS if it is a demonic haunting, no one would want to relive that again. Also they many episodes use the real PI Teams, and Demonologists. Peter James was the one to investigate Sallie house. He has since passed away. I was told they actually minimize alot of the activity as they dont focus on the shock factor. I love the show, but its been canceled :( ((( They are just showing reruns for now.

A local group in my area investigated the Sallie house a while back. They had some interesting findings, though I am generally skeptical of their work. They use both a scientific and psychic approach. http://millersparanormalresearch.com/Pages...ness_Case20.htm What do you think about their findings?

I have watched nearly every episode of A Haunting. I could never take it seriously due to it seeming exaggerated, but it was always entertaining. Its a shame that it was canceled. :no:

* The sallie house:

It's too bad they didn't have video running when those objects where being moved...

Edited by Shankpin

* The sallie house:

It's too bad they didn't have video running when those objects where being moved...

But then they wouldn't use it on A Haunting, they'd tape their own version of it. :rolleyes:

I always think this with the Enfield Poltergiest case, apparently there was a constant stream of objects moving, witnessed over a long period of time by the media, police, you name it... why did no one video it? It drives me nuts, I know it was the 1970's but my Uncle Stan took his little mini camera to America then, I'm sure the Daily Mirror could have stretched to it.

O my goodness, YES, i remember that case. A case out of Britain, lasted only a few days, if I'm not mistaken? There was a site that DID have some interesting footage, nevertheless.. It wasn't what we would want to see, but I remember specifically, the footage or pics were pretty impressive.. One, in particular, was the girl being thrown in the air across the room..LOL

again I may have the wrong case in mind..

*edit, and yes, when you have something so bold and being investigated at the right time, why not record it.. come on!!

Edited by Shankpin

I really like the show: A Haunting Why would they cancel it? It is one of the best shows on TV. I try to watch it every day!

LOL, why do that do that? I don't get it..

That's what I'd like to know. If they didn't want to say Roland because it's too small, they should have just said "a small town outside Little Rock." Roland is about as big as the town I live in, according to my mother. It's not like there's only one or two small towns outside Little Rock -- it's surrounded by them.

Just really doesn't make any sense at all.

Just really doesn't make any sense at all.

Nope.

I'll keep that in mind. Next time I have a full tank, I can easily go out to Roland, so yeah. >.>

A full tank? That'll be around $150.00 bucks :(

Or more, it would with that jet I drive.

Ha, it will be in a few years. >.< $35.00 for me to fill up my car right now.