Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Haunting: Where Evil Lurks

thatgrimlife

Ha, it will be in a few years. >.< $35.00 for me to fill up my car right now.

Thats cheap, $70.00 to fill up my tank..Today its 3.98 a gallon. Id rather walk than pay that LOL

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thatgrimlife

• Radian

• JustNormal

• Melioth

Thats cheap, $70.00 to fill up my tank..Today its 3.98 a gallon. Id rather walk than pay that LOL

It was still $3.49 here yesterday. It's $70.00 to fill up my mother's vehicle, and only god knows how much to fill up my step-father's.

That's crazy.

I love that show, but sometimes I feel it's a fabrication of the truth. You should take a drive up to the house sometime and report back with what you find out. Could be an interesting experience.

That's crazy.

I love that show, but sometimes I feel it's a fabrication of the truth. You should take a drive up to the house sometime and report back with what you find out. Could be an interesting experience.

I'm intending to. :)

• 7 months later...
I agree. It would surely (or so I would think) put more weight on the overall show..

Also agree. In the sallie episode the "spirit" had taken contro of the pointer and pointed to the camera equipment. They played the video and voila there was the "evil apparition, spirit, demon" whatever. Show us that video. Put that online. Otherwise we will thank you for for insulting our intelligence. They should take this show off of discovery channel and make a saturday morning cartoon.

I'm intending to. :)

So did you go to visit the house. Is there demoni blood pouring out of the windows. Seriously, did you talk to the new owners.......Keep us posted!

Thank goodness someone posted this as a topic as a couple of weeks ago I tried to find a thread about this programme.

Doing a search with just 'a haunting' as keywords on this site (even narrowed down to this section) was nigh on impossible in the time I had :lol:

I wondered what people thought of the programme, so interesting to read the comments here. I've not seen a lot of the episodes as I don't have Sky at home so only get to catch it when I stay with my Folks. it is a shame that no original footage or photos etc are used, the ones I have seen so far have all been pure reconstruction with just the interviews of people involved.

Tell ya what though, when you are watching in the dark that face and the sharpening knife sound is pretty haunting in itself :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
I have watched nearly every episode of A Haunting. I could never take it seriously due to it seeming exaggerated, but it was always entertaining. Its a shame that it was canceled. :no:

They still show repeats on Discovery. Also most of it is true they only exagerate a little. They do so to keep the audience entertained. But I have an idea......lets provoke evil spirits with a Ouija board. Then they'll have make new episodes.

So did you go to visit the house. Is there demoni blood pouring out of the windows. Seriously, did you talk to the new owners.......Keep us posted!

Don't you remember? the new owners hear the voices but they haven't seen Seth or any other demons. Everytime I saw Seth on the tv, the hair on the back of my neck stood up. Can somebody put a picture of Seth on here?

linked-image Is this Seth? Thats what I got when I googled Seth Edited by HumanTorch

I also would find it fascinating if you went and gave us a full report on your findings. Perhaps if you had access to digital cameras or something of the sort and got permission from the current owners to take pictures. You could even take other recording devices to pick up possible voices, EVPs and other odd happenings.... Just a thought.

I generally enjoy watching A Haunting. I know that it is exaggerated at some points, but it still makes for a good show when nothing else is on.

• 3 weeks later...

It is on everyday on Discovery Channel. There is also a message board for the show on the Discovery website. I am Starbaby there! I am not there anyone cuz I found this place.

I agree the shows are nauseatingly exaggerated. Some of the cases have been proven to be hoaxes (I think one or two of the ones the Warrens were involved in).

I have just about every episode on DVD because they sell them at Ross and other cheapie places for like $5.00 for the entire season. I watched it so much I found the same lamp used in about four different houses! Am I pathetic with no life?? You betcha!!!! I also started to see them recycle actors on the various shows. It was getting like Wheres Waldo for me.

Then I came here and moved on a little...or did I? :P

It is on everyday on Discovery Channel. There is also a message board for the show on the Discovery website. I am Starbaby there! I am not there anyone cuz I found this place.

I agree the shows are nauseatingly exaggerated. Some of the cases have been proven to be hoaxes (I think one or two of the ones the Warrens were involved in).

I have just about every episode on DVD because they sell them at Ross and other cheapie places for like $5.00 for the entire season. I watched it so much I found the same lamp used in about four different houses! Am I pathetic with no life?? You betcha!!!! I also started to see them recycle actors on the various shows. It was getting like Wheres Waldo for me.

Then I came here and moved on a little...or did I? :P

Ya they can't use the real houses because people these days wouldn't feel safe doing that.

• 1 month later...

I live about 6 miles past Roland. Does anyone have anymore information with regard to where the house is located in Roland? It would not be a problem for me to find it and go ask the new owners some questions if they are willing to talk to me about it.

Ya they can't use the real houses because people these days wouldn't feel safe doing that.

Huh? I didnt say anything about houses...I mentioned recycled lamps and actors...I am sure they would not use the same houses. Most likely other people live there and would not appreciate the publicity.

I live about 6 miles past Roland. Does anyone have anymore information with regard to where the house is located in Roland? It would not be a problem for me to find it and go ask the new owners some questions if they are willing to talk to me about it.

Not sure where the town Roland came up, but I first found out about all this when I was in the market for a house in Lamar Arkansas right outside of Clarksville. Nope they didn't use the actual house in the episode and the bank has repo-ed the house and is in the process of listing it. The last owners shot themselves in the foot by letting this be aired and the buyers backed out. The location can be verified on http://www.esapi.net/Investigations/LamarH...lamarhouse.html That's the original Spirit Seekers that came in to do the investigation. It is a beautiful house and I would have bought it if I hadn't found a great deal elsewhere. We experienced zilch there and had no eerie feelings or anything.

• 1 month later...
So tonight I chose to watch a recorded episode of A Haunting with my mom. We sit down, with our veggies and limon salt, and we hit play. The premiere date for this episode had originally been September 21st, 2007. It was recorded today, however. Anyways, they are showing the aerial view of the nearest city and I start saying to my mother, "Mom, that's Little Rock. Mom, I swear that's Little Rock. Hit info." Sure enough, it was Little Rock.

The place that this episode's haunted house was located at was Roland, Arkansas -- I know the narrator said Markham, but for the record, there is no Markham, Arkansas. It was the Shae residence.

The house is supposedly haunted by a demon named Seth -- this is what C.A.S.P.R (Central Arkansas Society for Paranormal Research) learned from the ouija board. The conclusion of the episode was the Shae family moving away upon the return of Seth once they had gotten rid of him and used salt to protect the home -- so I'm left wondering if the new owners have paranormal experiences.

The only thing that really irked me was the fact that they kept showing scenes of Little Rock and Benton -- and even once I swore it was a scene near London, which is truly an hour away from Little Rock.

I told my mother that I'd like to check it out when we have free time one weekend. I'd like to at least see the house in person.

Check out www.thespiritseekers.org. The Spirit Seekers are really the ones you see in the episode. On their website, under investigations, read up on the house in Lamar. That's the one from the episode. They used the name Markham (yes, from the street here in Little Rock) b/c they didn't want to use the town's real name. I've been to the house--it's creepy. Don't know if they got the problems sorted out or not, so I don't know how active the haunting is these days. It calmed down some after the cleansing they performed.

Just remember that when you are checking out these places, the people living there are probably not the original people from the show. It can be very scary and intrusive for them to have people driving by their home sight seeing...

• 11 months later...

I worked under Karen Schilling from CASPR from a long time. I helped her to fake the Montel Williams show with her daughter Devon and have helped fake many many of her Investigations and her haunted dolls she had me float using my knowledge due to my profession. This lady had asked me for help with the demon Seth. I am also named Seth so I told her do not bring in Cameras, do not use the Ouija board and do not give this entity any more power then needed. She told me oh they are doing fine now and got a DWI Arrest on her way there with her camera crew and after release, did all of the things I told her to not do. Needless to say it got worse and they left. This woman and her organization are frauds and phonies as I can attest based on how often she called me to Fake Investigations, make things happen with black thread, dry ice under doors so they slam, bulbs being broken nearby, and covering up the fake EVP this woman brought into it.

• 2 months later...

I don't know how valid this information is. I just read it and thought I would link to see if anyone can verify or shoot it down (hopefully shoot it down).

My link

This gent says he had something going with Discovery for a new paranormal show. Everything seemed ready to go, then disaster. To quote his blog:

"...Thursday evening we film the science bits. Friday night we’re on location filming the investigation. All is perfect and ready to roll! Time to go to the gym so I look good on camera.

Fast forward to 1:30 PM on the same day. I receive a phone call from the executive producer on the project as I’m leaving the gym. He starts the conversation by saying, “I have the worst possible news I could give you.” At that moment I knew it was over. He had spoken with the networks on Monday to remind them of the project and test their interest level. In short there was none – no interest in anything in the paranormal space. The Discovery network just seated a new GM and he plainly stated no more paranormal shows. All the programs that have come out in the last year have had terrible rating and killed any interest in new shows. This is across the board, from Discovery to A&E. Networks that were interested two months ago saw the latest ratings numbers and dropped all inquires. They stated, “Don’t even bother sending us anything in the genre because the answer is no. If you’re filming something now, stop.”..."

I don't know if Discovery controls SyFy, but it did state A&E, which would mean Ghost Adventures. GA hasn't been given a new 2010 start date other than "sometime in September". Ghost Hunters has been given a vague start date, too. I believe it was either Aug, Sept. Not sure. Maybe the network big wigs are testing the water to see if all the paranormal fans will freak and beg not to have these shows cancelled. I can't believe they would wipe out all shows across the board. Some of them are hokey, but they are better than most of the other crap on TV.

• 2 weeks later...

Check out www.thespiritseekers.org. The Spirit Seekers are really the ones you see in the episode. On their website, under investigations, read up on the house in Lamar. That's the one from the episode. They used the name Markham (yes, from the street here in Little Rock) b/c they didn't want to use the town's real name. I've been to the house--it's creepy. Don't know if they got the problems sorted out or not, so I don't know how active the haunting is these days. It calmed down some after the cleansing they performed.

Already done. The house was in Roland, and it listed on their site under As Seen On A Haunting: Where Evil Lurks. =)d I have also met the Spirit Seekers in person.

And to the most recent post: I don't see that happening. If Discovery won't air it, someone else will. And their ratings will drop. Paranormal shows have always been popular. After all, they apparently are still having a hard time dropping Unsolved Mysteries, even after Robert Stack passed.

Edited by -Jaded.Silhouette-

• 3 months later...

Already done. The house was in Roland, and it listed on their site under As Seen On A Haunting: Where Evil Lurks. =)d I have also met the Spirit Seekers in person.

And to the most recent post: I don't see that happening. If Discovery won't air it, someone else will. And their ratings will drop. Paranormal shows have always been popular. After all, they apparently are still having a hard time dropping Unsolved Mysteries, even after Robert Stack passed.

<br>

<br>

<br>

Well, one of a few things about 'purchasing' old homes, is do the homework! If you see a part of the house,

where 'any' ritual is performed that does not feel 'right' get your spiritual leader of your faith to look into

it. In my experience, I lived with a woman in Round Rock, TX that the school's mascot is a Dragon, and the place

I lived in with her was on top of a hidden cemetery! I'd see ghost, my computer would crash, and her cat and dog

went bezerk. I later learned the location of the apartment was indeed on a 'black man's' cemetery. Mainly those

who were black in the 1800's never got a 'proper' burial in Texas. Some were on unmarked graves or graves that

had only a stick or a wooden cross.

<br>

<br>

<br>

I believe those who open spiritual portals, and conduits to the other side, may lack experience to close

and seal those 'rifts' in the spiritual space time reality. What the family felt, and what happened, was that

those who ran off "Seth" didn't realize the extent of the damage. The Salt and Sage did 'work' as a patch, but

the family should have contacted their religious leader if they even went to church. Some churches deploy their

own rituals. I believe there are "Unsolved Mysteries" all over America. Tragic incidents that have trapped the

souls, and spirits long after the body and those involved are buried. Discovery and other networks want to

make shows to spook and scare people to make a rating.

<br>

<br>

<br>

If there is any closure, or any form of ending to this, then its really up to the family about to purchase

the home or apartment, do some pre-requisite work to find out, the place's history, how long it sat on the

market, perhaps get a 'mark down' price. Any couple should do some amount of homework in the neighborhood, the

house's history, warning signs, get an inspector to check the electrical, plumbing, heating cooling systems, and

he roof ect. Insulation, and basic pre-homeowner tests. Don't let emotion distract you. I wouldn't know, with the

way divorce is going, and the traditional marriage situation is going. I'll stay single, to mingle. :) Perhaps

become Jewish and ask a Rabbi to help me 'clean' my apartment, and mount Mezzuzahs. :) OY Vay!! :)

Shalom irishmantx