Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How Safe Do You Feel?

Gazz

How Safe Do You Feel?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. How Safe Do You Feel?

• Great, I am not worried about anything.
    • Good, Life is fine, all is well.
    • No real worries.
    • I am worried, but I think we have the threats under control.
    • The world is unsafe, and I am afraid.
    • The terrorists are going to attack and nothing can be done to stop it.
    • It's the end of the world we're all gonna die.

Given the world we live in, and the

way things are going use your gut

feeling or intuition to tell us how

safe you feel.

Be honest.. Be REAL!

Gazz grin2.gif

Edited by Gazz

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• Scorpius

• shirini

• joc

Top Posters In This Topic

In what sense, worried about a terrorist blowing up my city or worried that my job is about to fall through?

In what sense, worried about a terrorist blowing up my city or worried that my job is about to fall through?

Talon, In a general sense, what you

feel about the security of the world

YOU live in!

Do you believe (we) as a world are

safe?

Do you feel safe about travel?

Do you feel all that can be done to

make the world more secure is?

Really everyone has their own feelings

but this is just about what YOU feel!

And that means anyone who reads this!

Gazz grin2.gif

Do you feel all that can be done to

make the world more secure is?

I believe if we emptied the prisons it would be safer grin2.gif

not to put a dampner on anyone, but safety is an illusion, a goal that cannot be reached unless you eliminate all forms of hate.

As for my self and my location. Yes I feel safe from imminate threat from terrorist. No I do not feel safe if I travel. There are too many security gaps in Airlines railroads, bus terminals and every other mode of transport. As long as there are those that hate my skin color, my religion, my nationality or my political beliefs. I will not be safe.

Now I'm ranting crying.gif

Peace

Do you believe (we) as a world are safe?

"Safe" is a very relitaive term, i feel safe in my home, because i take the measure to be safe.

Do you feel safe about travel?

I travel without worry, air travel hold a special fear for me, My Father was in the aviation industry for 40 years, my husband for 15 years and going strong. It not the terroirst that scare, it's all of the other stuff that could go wrong that scar me.

I have no controll, nor does anybody else over hijackers. If today is your day, it's your day, live with it. wink2.gif

Do you feel all that can be done to make the world more secure is?

No.

Not a whole alot has changed. what i do find scary is how safty check are being run by airport officials; example ( and this a true story) on 6-2002 i left SJO ( san Jose Int) for BUR ( Burbank), it's about a a 45 min flight, so here i go, as i was getting ready to broad, with my tix and Id in hand, the fight attadent took my tix to check for "random safty check"marker, it lack the marker, then look at my id and the said the following, "Hmm, your name is Ashdi, that middle eastren right? You know, i cann't pronouce your name! please step aside for the next for random check!" I couldn't believe what i had heard, so i told him, he best re-pharse that or he was going loose his job today! i was not upset that i was being profiled, i was not upset that i was i asked to be check, i don't care about that, i don't believe that invaildtion of my rights, i was upset that the strangly dressed group 5 men standing a huttle, looking like they up to something didn't cause any alarm, but a 23years 5'3 women in bussiness attire, with only a purse as carry-on had cause an alarm of terriosm. I have more stories like this, one that would make re-think the whole "random sceurty check". If any of you feel think that you are safe, your not. BTW, he did loose his job when i got back from my trip!

not the terroirst that scare, it's all of the other stuff that could go wrong that scar me.

shirini

I have to agree with you on this one. I'm not so worried about hijackers but of a malfunction with the aircraft. I mean if something goes wrong, you can't just get out and open the hood to check. crying.gif

Peace and happy landings

As you have read in the early posts, my husband and i own a aviation co. You would amazed at phone call we get from avianothics calling to place order. They have no idea wha they are doing, we had someone place an order for a part that doesn't exsits. it has become so bad, that we ask what type of aircraft the parts are for!

A year ago an aviathonics placed an order for engige paint, simple in nuff. 3 weeks later we got a call from him saying that he was going to sue us for sending him the wrong part. After we spoke to him, he found out that he had painted the inside of the engige! How he that is a big mystires, and why he did is a bigger mystires. It's calls like these that driving is the proferable mode of travel for my family!

Edited by shirini

I'm not worried about terrorists...although I will admit I sometimes do get a little dontgetit.gif when I'm in the center of Glasgow, which is a far more likely target for bombings and stuff that Paisley tongue.gif Usually it doesn't bother me...I actually feel more worried for my friends who do live in major cities than I do for me.

I'm worried about the assylum seekers thing...I'm worried that in a few years my culture's going to be stepped on and grinded until it's just not there anymore, because of all this PC rubbish.

I'm worried they might one day make another Sinbad movie dontgetit.gifw00t.gifdontgetit.gif

You know Saraphina, i don't how the assylum is granted in the uk, but it's hard very hard here in the US. These poeple have to to show beyond proof that they need protaction from their goverment, like my parents had to.

I also understand you worries about loosing your culture, but remmber your culture is not something that could be taken away from you, unless you let them!

well, i live in South Africa so i feel pretty unsafe. but its no biggie, im totally used to it since ive always lived here. so safe places to me are like "wooooooowww!!!!!! w00t.gif this is so unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! waaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im safe!!!!!!!" lol...cherio

You know Saraphina, i don't how the assylum is granted in the uk, but it's hard very hard here in the US. These poeple have to to show beyond proof that they need protaction from their goverment, like my parents had to.

Over here you just have to get into the country, after that we can't move you by force only if you volunteer. AS are also supplied housing and state benifits automaticlly, whilst 700,000 of British remain on the streets.

The ironic thing is they come in from France....damn those French for persecuting them so tongue.gif

I also understand you worries about loosing your culture, but remmber your culture is not something that could be taken away from you, unless you let them!

Most schools don't celebrate christmas anymore, and those that do don't allow children to put pictures of Santa, Christmas trees and the like on posters or cards. In fact, lots of holidays from our own culture are undergoing that treatment...

There are so many elements of our lives that are being stepped like that...it's not the fault of the assylum seekers (although a small number of them are extremely vocal about how much better their society is than ours), but rather the government's ridiculous policies and "political correctness gone insane" attitude that worries me tongue.gif

Truth is, while I agree nobody can take my culture away from me...I'm going to consider myself a Scot my entire life, I'm going to celebrate the holidays and values that I believe in until the day I die, and I'm going to raise my children to be Scots too...I'm just worried that I'm gonna be the minority in my own country wacko.gif

This will make me sound crazy, but who cares...

I am not scared at all because my time has been set, I can't change that, no matter how hard I've tried...

Most schools don't celebrate christmas anymore, and those that do don't allow children to put pictures of Santa, Christmas trees and the like on posters or cards. In fact, lots of holidays from our own culture are undergoing that treatment...

There are so many elements of our lives that are being stepped like that...it's not the fault of the assylum seekers (although a small number of them are extremely vocal about how much better their society is than ours), but rather the government's ridiculous policies and "political correctness gone insane" attitude that worries me tongue.gif

That really sucks, Seraphina! disgust.gif

People like that really p*** me off. If it was so great where they came from, then they should go back and stop taking up room here/there.

I say go all out with the Scottish stuff, celebrate all the small Scottish holidays, make holidays up! If they don't like, they don't celebrate! And decorate the hell out of your front lawn, window, anything that faces the st. And light your backyard and balcony like a freaking disco ball . Do not in way change culture stuff, If someone complains they don’t understand your accent, remind that it’s not your problem.

And of course, write to your congress-person, annoy the hell out of them. Remind them that’s your country too. You have been here longer, and if all else fail, tell them next elecation they should pack up their files, because they are no longer needed. And you have found someone more able and deserving of the position!

I hate HATE people like that, the people are who so PC that they cann't even take a s**t.

Edited by shirini

I say go all out with the Scottish stuff, celebrate all the small Scottish holidays, make holidays up!

You know, shirini I really like you grin2.gifthumbsup.gif

I'm no more worried now than I've ever been... ph34r.gif

I'm guessing its gonna guess worse, and you'd better be prepared. Although technologically we'll be advancing at the same time. But after the whole universally extreme chaos and destruction, it'll quickly return back to normal and probably better. Normal, without all the emotional stuff. The emotional pain will still linger as well as the physical pain, if ever encountered. But stay optomistic, even when times seem to crumble around you.

My old boss used to say "whats fur ye al no go by ye" the best piece of advice ive ever been given.

Why spend my life worrying about what could happen, ****s an giggles everyone !!

Whatever you do make sure you enjoy it.

Edited by wunarmdscissor

I'm no more worried now than I've ever been...  ph34r.gif

I'm guessing its gonna guess worse, and you'd better be prepared. Although technologically we'll be advancing at the same time. But after the whole universally extreme chaos and destruction, it'll quickly return back to normal and probably better. Normal, without all the emotional stuff. The emotional pain will still linger as well as the physical pain, if ever encountered. But stay optomistic, even when times seem to crumble around you.

I was mostly joking... kinda. laugh.gif

Not only do I not feel safe, I am deeply angered by what has been taken away from the country in which I live.

I do not fear death and accept my demise with a healthy respect.

I do not expect that life should be a bowl full of cherries, challenges abound and always will. However, the "security" I once felt no longer exists. Yes, "security" may be only a perception of reality, yet knowing I am part of a "target" by radical factons angers me NO END.

My 'world' has never been luxurious or easy, but at least I trusted my surroundings to the point of feeling relaxed entering the big world around me.

Now? That has been removed.

There are so many elements of our lives that are being stepped like that...it's not the fault of the assylum seekers (although a small number of them are extremely vocal about how much better their society is than ours), but rather the government's ridiculous policies and "that worries me

Yes, governments's ridiculous policies and political correctness gone insane" attitude ........see in the States it is the Liberals who are behind all of this BS.

The Liberals are 'The Left' in the US. I think you would probably be a Republican

Conservative if you lived in the states. blink.gif Really I do.

Now? That has been removed.

I think the chances of my being killed in Dallas traffic are great....much greater

than being killed by a thug or terrorist. Generally, I have no fear.

But do I feel safe?......No.................the mouse feels safe just before the snake bites..... Before 9/11 I put up my guard in bad neighborhoods but now....

I keep my guard up all of the time.

Truth is, while I agree nobody can take my culture away from me...I'm going to consider myself a Scot my entire life, I'm going to celebrate the holidays and values that I believe in until the day I die, and I'm going to raise my children to be Scots too...I'm just worried that I'm gonna be the minority in my own country wacko.gif

huh.gif and I thought PC over here was bad ... what the heck is this ??!? At least with the US's PC bullsh*t we can at least kinda get an idea where they got their twisted logic from but I cant seem to come up with an explanation for this . Es Random blink.gifwacko.gif