Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Defence against zombies

Fake Account Delete

After much consideration,i conclude that you should grab all the weapons you can find.

Although,the very best weapon you can have in any situation is your brain ;)

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• euthanasia

• WiCkEdWENDIGO

• Yorgmiester

• NeoGenesis

After much consideration,i conclude that you should grab all the weapons you can find.

Although,the very best weapon you can have in any situation is your brain ;)

Yorgimiester, I really like the chimpanzee with the SigSauer!

Have you seen the X-Files episode where the corporate stooges are really zombies managed by some really big insect? One of the employees figured it out and came at them with an automatic rifle. I'd like to get that episode and watch it again - sans the implied killing spree. I might find use of it in a class about corporate culture...

Yorgimiester, I really like the chimpanzee with the SigSauer!

Have you seen the X-Files episode where the corporate stooges are really zombies managed by some really big insect? One of the employees figured it out and came at them with an automatic rifle. I'd like to get that episode and watch it again - sans the implied killing spree. I might find use of it in a class about corporate culture...

I haven't seen that one :( It sounds cool.

i still say the chainsaw would be the best weapon...

I haven't seen that one :( It sounds cool.

It took some doing, but I found the episode particulars: Season 5 x19

116. Folie a Deux

guests: Mitch Pileggi (Assistant Director Walter Skinner) Brian Markinson (Gary Lambert) John Apicella (Greg Pincus) Cynthia Preston (Nancy Aaronson)

Mulder is held hostage inside an office where a man claims his boss is a monster and has clouded all their minds while he turns them into zombies one by one, which is disbelieved until Mulder opens his mind and allows himself to see it too.

NOTE: As Mulder quotes during the episode, 'Folie a Duex' is a Latin saying which translates into: "A Madness Shared By Two".

# When Scully calls Mulder to tell him about the X-File involving "hiding in the light", she says that the case was from August 9th, 1992. August 9th is also Gillian Anderson's birthday.

# The agent in charge of the hostage situation, Agent Rice, is named for writer Vince Gilligan's girlfriend, Holly Rice.

# Some good use of continuity: Mulder's fingers, which were injured in the previous episode, "The Pine Bluff Variant", are still bandaged in this episode.

back on topic....

a flamethrower wouldn't be my first choice because there are some vital weapons that you need in order to make a flamethrower work. very hard to get items... and it wouldn't be very effective if there were large nubmers of zombies.

p.s. yorgmiester could u p.m. me roberts account name?

or just say it here...

To be completely realistic here, I would grab a shotgun, hunting rifle.. something along that line... if you're near a gun store or hunt you're in much better luck than someone else. I would find the largest supply of non-parishable food I could. Then I would put myself up somewhere high (assuming we're not talking about super climbing genetic mutations here) probably an apartment building with one way in and out of the room and barricade any and all entrances (including windows). I would leave one window and the door with an adjustable barricade to take out anything that could be a threat if it were to get inside or to let possible survivors in (might not last as long but noone can do it alone, whether exhaustion gets you or insanity). After all this, assuming anyone could last this long, it would just be the waiting game. I strongly suggest melee weapons as a last resort do to the probability of infection.

Addition: Bottle as much clean water as you possilby can, weight yourself down if you have to because that is very very important. Avoid anything that needs refrigeration and when I say "non-perishable" for those that don't know or are not sure, it means: something without a "shelf-life", something that won't expire. For the short time you have electricity (if at all) take advantage of it as much as you possibly can to do whatever you might need to before it goes out, Ex: store gas, charge batteries, ect.

Anyone agree with me that this is a pretty good plan?? If I missed anything, feel free to add it. Thanks for reading.

Edited by Leon S. Kennedy

when zombies rule the world... im coming with you (and bringing my chainsaw also)

I'd raise a few of my own zombies to fight against them.That is,if i was a necromancer.XP

Outside, - use a flamethrower.

Inside - definitely go with the 12 gauge shot gun. As a back up - baseball bat; less blood spatter than axe or metal crowbar. You don't know if the blood's going to be contagious so you've got to watch out for that. Also, if you know there's going to be a zombie attack and you have time to prepare, you could slow them down with a moat or ditch in your front yard. Fill the bottom with gasoline (expensive in today's world but worth it) and while the zombies are struggling to make it past your ditch you set them on fire! Either way you get to BURN SOMETHING!!!!! :rolleyes:

Outside, - use a flamethrower.

Inside - definitely go with the 12 gauge shot gun. As a back up - baseball bat; less blood spatter than axe or metal crowbar. You don't know if the blood's going to be contagious so you've got to watch out for that. Also, if you know there's going to be a zombie attack and you have time to prepare, you could slow them down with a moat or ditch in your front yard. Fill the bottom with gasoline (expensive in today's world but worth it) and while the zombies are struggling to make it past your ditch you set them on fire! Either way you get to BURN SOMETHING!!!!! :rolleyes:

Or you could abandon your house altogether and run.Abandon neighborhoods,towns,and cities. Bunkering in a populated area is a very bad idea,since the zombies will vastly out-number you,and unless your Rambo,Gladiator,or Spartan 117,you will most likely be overwhelmed and eaten :yes:

Edited by Yorgmiester

in otherwords....just come to waxhaw!!!

in otherwords....just come to waxhaw!!!

ok i got it how about you find a base and load it up with shot guns and shells...then put mines....hmmm..... army surpluse!!!

ok i got it how about you find a base and load it up with shot guns and shells...then put mines....hmmm..... army surpluse!!!

Also if you are in open territory my bet.Get yourself a 50cal. Sniper Rifle to rip them appart before they can even get a half mile form you.TAKE EM DOWN AT A DISTANS. BOO YEH. :tu:

i actually meant that waxhaw is like the most empty town in the world and there would be no zombies if there were no people XD

So you are just going to wait it out quietly instead of grabbing a gun and go to have some fun. :gun:

BLOODTHIRSTY ain't I.Must have been playing Half Live2 for to long. :D

lol

i actually meant that waxhaw is like the most empty town in the world and there would be no zombies if there were no people XD

go to alaska because the zombies freeze thats why in all movies people live in alaska

Lol euth waxhaw isn't exactly empty.If you absolutely have to be around civilization,like u have a phobia of wild animals or something,then go find some house waaaay out in the country to bunker up in.But it would be better to just abandon human/zombie presence at all costs.But i agree with Neo i couldn't help but find some hill outside town and pick a few of them off now and then :yes:

EDIT:and yes if you can go to alaska.if your already in alaska then you have no worries :D

Edited by Yorgmiester

Lol euth waxhaw isn't exactly empty.If you absolutely have to be around civilization,like u have a phobia of wild animals or something,then go find some house waaaay out in the country to bunker up in.But it would be better to just abandon human/zombie presence at all costs.But i agree with Neo i couldn't help but find some hill outside town and pick a few of them off now and then :yes:

yeah, not anymore it's not =P

Lol posting at school eh???That reminds me:schools and malls would seem like a good place to bunker up but in reality they're awful,cuz there is probably zombies there already,and if not there will be.

Or you could abandon your house altogether and run.Abandon neighborhoods,towns,and cities. Bunkering in a populated area is a very bad idea,since the zombies will vastly out-number you,and unless your Rambo,Gladiator,or Spartan 117,you will most likely be overwhelmed and eaten :yes:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in most (or all) of the zombie movies, the zombies eat human flesh - and nothing else? Except in 28 Days Later, in which event the zombies don't eat at all - they just starve after 30 or 40 days.

So abandoning the cities and towns sounds like a great idea. Just wait until the zombies all starve to death. Then wait another year for the corpses to wither and rot, then ease back into the cities.